Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~`I Wipe My Brow As I Sweat My Rust`~~`Teen/Horse/OPEN`~

3 posters

Go down

~`I Wipe My Brow As I Sweat My Rust`~~`Teen/Horse/OPEN`~ Empty ~`I Wipe My Brow As I Sweat My Rust`~~`Teen/Horse/OPEN`~

Post  Cheshire-Cheetah Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:46 pm

~`Plot`~

There's always rivals in any competitive sport, there's never any difference in the existence of any Equestrian event of any type, English or Western, Jockey or Harness, Halter or Horseback. It doesn't matter, competition. Add teams, trouble kids, and untamed, green horses, it's just asking for a worse rivalry. Well, welcome to Academy Saints Blackwood, a private boarding school of the reckless students, of both horse and human kind. The school itself is known to compete the two main houses of students in a variety of sports based on the student's indiscretions and ability so they can learn how to work with others. Only the worst cases are assigned to work with the horses. Each year houses Lapis Rosette and Amber Foxglove are shuffled and switched to ensure no rivalries and alliances remain, and so new students can settle in easier. School was held regularly, as any public school, but both houses attend the school. For training and dorms, each house is separated out of view of each other, training for both held at the same time, with scheduled dinning hours in the commons of the school at six am for breakfast, twelve thirty pm for lunch, and seven pm dinner. Bed time is ten at night. No exceptions. You choose to skip out on your schedule, like missing a dinning hour, you loose out on eating, and if you're ever at where you're not suppose to be, you'll see worse than just your choice in missing a meal.
~``~~``~~``~~``~~``~~``~
The horse training program of the school is for students to learn how to work together in a non-(human)contact sport, usually reserved to those of more violent crimes, while working with rescue horses that have been thus far considered non-adoptable due to behavior, training, and treatment issues. They will also learn to work with an animal in dire need of help in (re)introduction to living with humans so one day the horses could be adopted to a good family and the kids can (hopefully) live more normally among society instead of become a possible risk to it. The kids, by the end of the training, will then compete against the opposing house's team (So only as it's safe of course.) with the horses they worked with.
~``~~``~~``~~``~~``~~``~
Thank you, parents, for agreeing to admit your children to our school. We ensure them all the safety we can provide and hopefully sometime, can be returned to your care.

~`Rules`~

You may join, this is an open RPG, and you may join as many as characters as you like, so long as it's manageable. One horse per character. All levels accepted. When posting you're application, you may use any kind as you so please, so long as it can answer everything I use in mine(I'm just doing basic ones for myself. I feel lazy.). Remove things that don't apply, such as type of phone or car, please, to keep your application clean. With a correctional private school, those things to be stripped from teens before and/or upon arrival. Other extras that can apply is fine to keep on the app
Genders can be semi-even to even. Keep house numbers even, no exceptions.
You may choose your horse's information as far as looks, gender, age, so forth. You may not pick the case your horse is. I will pick that for all horses so no horse is any more untamable or more tamable than the next.
No "*sits on/ pets horse* OMG IT'S TAME!" kind of thing. Horses do not work that way. Your character must tame their horse by working with and training it, and each horse's case is different. Riding type is in English/Classical style.
Proper grammar and punctuation. Mistakes are understood, but constant mistakes shows you didn't bother to proof read your work. And no text talk or cute-sy typing. Indicate in some fashion, such as /, (),[], or {}, that you're in OOC instead of just typing, that makes things confusing and use these things here "" to mark when your character is speaking. I know it shouldn't be necessary to put in that last bit, but I had too many RPs where people don't at least quote when their character speaks. Five or more sentences please. No exceptions. No one likes working off one liners.
No posting before someone unless someone has dropped or is considered dropped due to lack of activity. We take turns, and if that means waiting for some in a different timezone/sleeping schedule, then deal with it. I will decide who is 'dropped' due to lack of activity. If they like to jump back in, or if someone would like to join in later, allow them. There is no too late or you're not invited. If the numbers of the houses end up uneven due to the this, I will fix the problem myself. Romance can be involve with this plot, only as a side plot. No making others feel excluded by going on without everyone or ignoring everyone. If you wanted an RP of two, then you should of ordered an candle dinner with a side of message or email RP instead of invading a public forum RP. No exceptions. If you want to continue on or do more than is allowed on site, now you know where to go in case you didn't.
Obviously not everyone is going to be in everyone's hair, but no lone wolf it. And no body said you can't have a separate conversation in character with the person three post back if it obviously misplaced and almost like your character is unexplainably warping there out no where. If someone is in their horse's stall, don't be talking to them from the commons, obviously. If you have any questions applying or putting out a post, please just ask me, I'll answer as soon as I can.
Understand I want this to be a fun, easy-going, and mostly friendly(Characters may be the mildly hostile ones), and my rules are only a precaution for that. I hope everyone enjoys and has fun with RPG.
Post were all mad here somewhere within the same post as your application, not separate. It's cleaner and will indicate that you have read my rules I've applied.

Application requirements looks something like this...
Name
Nickname
Year
House
Identifiable looks or full Physical Description if image can't be provided.
Image links here if they can be provided
Reason for being at the Academy(The reason they need to be in a correctional private school.)
Horse info (Once more, cannot choose the horse's case, everything else, yes. Include horse's name{No show names}, number(For the cases. Follow the number flow, like 1,2,3.., no jumps), breed, gender, age, description(or image instead),

~`My Characters`~

Saskia Lamberlla "Ryker" Yun
Ryker, Saskia (Those who like to annoy her, learn her real name first, and teachers call her by this, it annoys her)
Female
Seventeen
Sophomore(Held back a year)
Lapis Rosette
Has a tattoo on the back of her shoulder of a heart shaped skeleton watch with a wings behind it and a chain off the bottom of it trailing after a key and her hair is dyed a silver-y blue. Half America, Half Korean.
Link 1 Link 2 Link 3
Had assaulted another to need medical care, destruction of private property, along with all misconduct at school, recommended by school and local police. Due to missing parents, her guardian had to sign her over into the school.
Lancaster, #1, Hanoverian cross, Stallion, Estimated to be three years old, Horse Link
Horse Case #1- Lancaster is a horse from a farm where his owners that bred him became incapable of handling their horses anymore, let alone a boisterous foal. Due to lack of human contact, he's considered 'wild' and is unable to be approached thus far. Still green, as he's never even been haltered, or even any other kind of equipment.

Lucian Marquis Alistair
Lucian, Alistair
Male
Eighteen
Junior (Held back a year)
Amber Foxglove
Has two snake bites for piercings, has a tattoo of Mensonge... Comme si de rien n'était... on his left forearm, it's french for "Lie... As if nothing happened..." and small tattoo on his right wrist of a outlined heart.
Link 1 Link 2
Had many indiscretions at school, finally being expelled. Parents sent him so he could finish school and straighten out his life.
Casper, #2, Thoroughbred, Gelding, Five years old, Horse Link
Horse Case #2 - Casper was a low grade racing horse and has a winning personality. Despite that, due to his short racing career of not exactly being a winner, he spooks having equipment on him, let alone a person, or the sight of whips or riding crops, and has lead problems (Refuses to move). Suspected to be from jockey and owner abuses.
Cheshire-Cheetah
Cheshire-Cheetah

http://cheetah-of-darkness.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

~`I Wipe My Brow As I Sweat My Rust`~~`Teen/Horse/OPEN`~ Empty My Characters

Post  Kaoric Rose Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:57 am

Name: Cameron Longland
Nickname: Cammi
Year: Sophomore
House: Amber Foxglove
Identifiable looks or full Physical Description: A rather unattractive girl, with frizzy, shoulder-length blonde hair. Her grey eyes are too big for her narrow face, as are her nose and mouth. She's short and very skinny, with little muscle. She has drawn a small eagle with a dagger in it's beak on her right cheekbone, just under her ear with permanent marker. She re-applies this when it fades.
Reason for being at the Academy: After being bullied throughout her childhood, she started high school with a fierce determination that no one would dare bully her again. She soon became the school bully, who even her family feared. After being kicked out of 4 different schools, and her anger getting worse, her family decided that they couldn't handle her, and sent her here.
Horse info: Comanche is a piebald heavyweight cob, with lots of hair and huge feathers on his legs. 14.3hh gypsy vanner X.
Kaoric Rose
Kaoric Rose

Back to top Go down

~`I Wipe My Brow As I Sweat My Rust`~~`Teen/Horse/OPEN`~ Empty Re: ~`I Wipe My Brow As I Sweat My Rust`~~`Teen/Horse/OPEN`~

Post  Rorah Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:36 pm

Samantha Eve Van Etten
Sammy/Sam - She dislikes Samantha.
Female
Seventeen
Junior (I think...I'm English so we don't use this system)
Lapis Rosette
{x} (Minus tattoos)
Sam was sent to the school after suffering from severe bipolar and a variety of other mental disorders. For no apparent reason she ceased contact with the outside world, and shut herself away, refusing to talk or eat for extended periods of time, and would often lash out violently at her parents and carers. After no results were distinguishable from months of psychiatric therapy, she was relocated to a mental hospital for a number of years, where precious advances were made. Practising a new method of psychotherapy, she was sent to Academy Saints Blackwood, allowing her a glimpse of outside life for the first time in years.
Bondi, #4, Irish Sport Horse, 5 yr old Gelding. 16.1hh. {x}
Rorah
Rorah

http://simonpgg.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

~`I Wipe My Brow As I Sweat My Rust`~~`Teen/Horse/OPEN`~ Empty Re: ~`I Wipe My Brow As I Sweat My Rust`~~`Teen/Horse/OPEN`~

Post  Cheshire-Cheetah Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:14 am

(Horse Case #3 - Comanche was horse separated too early from his mother when sold at a horse auction ring to owners that had no idea what they were getting into. The unknowingly neglected the horse in some cases (usually hardly pastured or ridden, trained improperly). Is able to be saddled and bridled, but mounting and staying mounted is a problem, along with earning his trust.

Horse Case #4 - Bondi was a former trainee for cross country horse. He was seen as a good prospect. During training through the forest, he threw his rider due to spooking at a snake near a jump. His rider was severely injured. The horse had an injury to the superficial digital flexor tendon. After his recovery, he was soon sold off and his newer owners hadn't been able to work him past his problems. He spooks at jumps and doesn't work well being ridden. Also doesn't like heavily wooded areas and ground movement also spooks him. (Ground movement being bushes rustling, leaves on the ground, so fourth. Anything taller than or above half way up his cannons normally does not get a reaction from him.)

Ryker looked at the tall building as a van carried the new arrivals from the airport to the place she was now suppose to call home. School. Life. That's what this place was. It will be her life until she's able to join the world again by graduating this place. She stared out the window next to her as everything seemed to pass by in freeze frames between thoughts as music blared in her ears from the headphones that led to her mp3 player. The silvery blue haired girl hated that her guardian so easily gave her into this place, but with what she had done, she could have gotten worse. A lot worse. Her father's prior Marines service is what saved her. It was worse pressure on her to straighten out with him and her mother both missing with a full fight of people with them, but there was nothing she could do about that now. Still, her guardian was someone she did trust before all this. Academy Saints Blackwood wasn't any joke, she already knew it. One of her friend's brothers were sent here, and he graduated a few years ago, but the difference in him was scary to her. Sure, she probably shouldn't have beat someone up and destroy their things over something that was so petty, but sometimes there's only some much this small stature girl can take from some idiot girl that has her nose in the air, especially since she didn't want to end up here. Guess one should think about that kind of thing before acting. With that, the girl glanced around the van. Some of these kids were goodie two shoes, some looked worse than her. Another point to never trust easily and never to judge a book by it's cover. She wonder what everyone else did to end up here, but knew it wasn't any of her business. She looked back out the window in time to see the start of the property line that was fenced in. Wonderful. They were here. The girl didn't move as everyone started to stand and look out the front window as they pulled up to the gates next to the sign that read in fancy script 'Welcome to Academy Saints Blackwood', waited for the gates to open, and head along the drive's path. In the circle courtyard, there was a removable sign that welcome new students, and said to meet inside, but there was a couple of people, probably teachers, with staff shirts on, waiting to greet them.

~``~~``~~``~~``~~``~~``~

Lucian had been here for what seemed to be forever. He guessed that's what happens when someone stays here for a year and a half now. This will be his, hopefully, his second year and last year as a junior. Senior meant only another year and he was free. Guess a single sophomore's prank isn't as welcomed as a full senior class prank. But it was sure funny to watch his three most hated teachers run into the gym to get ultra bright pink paint dump on them when they expected find a injured kid in there instead. That's what landed him here. Of course, that didn't include his past acts that did add up. Oh well, he got a good laugh from it, and others in his school did. But what shock him this year was the fact he wasn't in worse trouble. Towards the 'end' of the school year, with the school being a multi-track year around schedule, he started a fight with someone in Amber Foxglove. That was while he was in Lapis Rosette. He sat in the 'auditorium' bleachers, awaiting opening ceremony, with his new schedule and other things. He was now put in Amber Foxglove. Wonderful. He bet the person he started a fight with was in there still too. Then they'll be forced to learn to work together, as the school always seemed to preached. And this year, his sport was changed. Equestrian. The horses. Great, wonderful, everything is peachy. Not that he hated animals, it wasn't that at all. It was just those that were bigger than him height and weight wise he didn't like to mess with. That, he'd rather leave be. But he knew the school would disregard that. It wasn't so much that they didn't care, though they probably didn't, it wouldn't surprise him any. But the school did really like to push everyone's buttons. He thought it could be so that they were desensitizing everyone to react irrationally. Even the school shrink was terrible, doing everything he could do to break you down to see if you're just normal, dealing with life, or mentally ill. He sighed as more people who still attend here begun to file in more, as teachers directed them all to their places before the new arrivals are brought in, dead front and center.
Cheshire-Cheetah
Cheshire-Cheetah

http://cheetah-of-darkness.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Rorah Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:44 pm

It was the hushed whispers that pulled Sam out of the book that she was reading. Impossibly, she had been allowed to relax against the window of the van, ignoring most of the journey and those who were embarking on it with her. Her only companions were the gentle hum of the engine, the constant low levels of muttering exchanged between the future students and her copy of Pride and Prejudice. Keeping a place on her page with a finger, she looked around to see what the commotion was about. The school had come into view, the school that she would be spending the next few years at, which made her stomach churn. Placing her bookmark between the pages of the volume, she placed it in her bag that rested on the empty seat next to her. She stayed quiet as the level of volume rose to that of a mild chatter, and she wondered what on earth people had to talk about. She guessed that it wouldn't exactly be fun here, most of the students were the type of people who caused all kinds of trouble, but what her carers had told her to do was to find something she enjoyed and focus on that. She supposed it made sense, they had told her that there was an equestrian program tailored around some of the more difficult students, which was one of the only reasons she had agreed to go. Sammy didn't know whether she was difficult enough for that, but there was always hope, right? She was sure they would have sent her here anyway whether she wanted it or not.
The van pulled up outside the main entrance, and Sam grabbed her bag and shifted to the seat closer to the middle of the van. May as well get this over and done with.
Rorah
Rorah

http://simonpgg.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

~`I Wipe My Brow As I Sweat My Rust`~~`Teen/Horse/OPEN`~ Empty So sorry for the late reply!

Post  Kaoric Rose Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:23 am

As the van pulled up in front of the school, Cammi slowly rose from her seat at the very back. Swinging her rucksack over her shoulder, she shoved aside her fellow students and headed for the door. As soon as the doors were opened, she jumped out and glared at the building that she was being forced to call home. A young man with pale brown hair and a friendly smile suddenly blocked her view.
"Hi there" he held out his hand, "I'm Mr Partion, one of the student counsellors here."
Cammi did not speak, however her cold glare was meaningful enough. Mr Partion's friendly smile had become rather forced and Cammi's hard gaze caused him to involuntarily back away a few paces. With a nervous glance at Cammi's tattoo, he turned and attempted to greet the other students who had piled out of the van.
Kaoric Rose
Kaoric Rose

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum