Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Polo and Dreameh's fanfic RP... ;D Jimmy/Kougu [Probably mature]

2 posters

Page 6 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Polo and Dreameh's fanfic RP... ;D Jimmy/Kougu [Probably mature] - Page 6 Empty Re: Polo and Dreameh's fanfic RP... ;D Jimmy/Kougu [Probably mature]

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:19 pm

“You'd better keep your phone on you.” Jimmy warned accusingly as they got out of the cars, “I'll see you in a bit.”
"I've got it." Kougu said, patting his pocket, "Good luck."
They entered the club together, then split off in their separate directions. Kougu headed for the bar, which was surprisingly emptier than the dancefloor, and found a dark corner close to Vince's private room to hide. He took out his phone, and busied himself going over the online articles about Noah for the hundredth time, all the while keeping one eye on Jimmy, who he could see talking to the manager in the opposite corner. At last, the two vanished, and Kougu turned back to his phone, shuddered at the bone-rattling bass of the loud music, and the petrifying din of loud, laughing voices all around. The entire place reeked of flowery deodorant, fruity cocktails, and sweat, and he was painfully aware of how many innocent people were cramped into the roughly one hundred square meter room. All he needed was one flip, one blowout, and for all he knew, he could kill them all. The thought made him shudder again, and he rubbed his temples tenderly as the throbbing pain in  his head quickly returned. Without a second thought, he choked down another pill. He had just swallowed it when his phone vibrated in his pocket, making him jump.
Muttering to himself, he yanked it out with clumsy fingers, and brought it to his ear. 
“I'm not doing this.” Jimmy's voice growled immediately, and Kougu relaxed slightly at the sound of it, “This is ridiculous, I look like a clown. And these pants are giving me a wedgy.”
"That sounds uncomfortable." Kougu replied sympathetically, picking at a spot on the counter, "And I know that this whole thing is a nightmare..." His eyes traced the throngs of people dancing and thrashing under the colourful lights, and he shiverred, rubbing goosebumps from his arm with his free hand. "Just try not to think about it." He advised, speaking as much to himself as to Jimmy, "Just think that you're a secret agent going under cover to get important information. I'm counting on you, Jimmy. Please do your best."
He said goodbye to Jimmy, then hung up with a sigh, just in time to see the barman standing right in front of him, smiling widely. Kougu nearly jumped out of his skin.
"Whoa there." The barman grinned even wider, his dark Indian skin making his teeth shine so brightly that Kougu felt dazzled. His heart was beating so loudly, he barely heard what the man said next.
"This is from the gentleman over there." He pointed to a tall stranger sitting across the bar, with short brown hair, gelled to frosted tips. "Enjoy." The barman winked, then walked off, casually drying a sparkling glass.
Stunned and deafened by his own pulse, Kougu stared blindly down at the drink in front of him. It was a poisonous shade of green, and perhaps it was a secret desire to die before suffering the injustice of this awful 'club' a moment longer that made him want to drink it. Whatever it was, Kougu lifted the glass, and took a sip from the curly straw poking from it. It burned on the way down, and he coughed bitterly, pulling a face and setting it back on the counter. It was sweet, but the hot feeling it left in his stomach was sickening. Shuddering dramatically, he shook his head, then shrunk into himself again, wrapping his arms around himself as though to hide from the world. His mouth was dry, and his palms were clammy. He felt sick from fear, but even as sweat dripped down the nape of his neck, he stayed where he was. He had to wait for Jimmy. 
Desperate for a distraction, he reached out his shaking fingers, and took another absentminded sip of the cocktail.
Polo trapped in an inkpot

Location : With the beast under your bed, in your closet, in your head...

Back to top Go down

Polo and Dreameh's fanfic RP... ;D Jimmy/Kougu [Probably mature] - Page 6 Empty Re: Polo and Dreameh's fanfic RP... ;D Jimmy/Kougu [Probably mature]

Post  Dreambug Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:09 pm

That sounds uncomfortable.” Kougu sounded sympathetic, but this only pissed Jimmy off more. “And I know that this whole thing is a nightmare...
“You think?” Jimmy stared helplessly at himself. “Kougu, I ca-”
Just try not to think about it. Just think that you're a secret agent going under cover to get important information. I'm counting on you, Jimmy. Please do your best.
Swearing, Jimmy hung up and stared at his reflection, pulling a face at himself. It wasn't that he didn't think he looked good, it was the fact he didn't look like himself. That he was going into a room and using his body to get information. It was... It felt wrong. It was easy for Kougu to say it was going to be hard, but he was downstairs having a drink whilst Jimmy was risking his life to interrogate this man.
Hissing out a breath, Jimmy left the changing room and but hid his clothes in a dark corner behind the door in case he needed a quick exit, then, after assuring the body guards that Anthony Frank had given him permission to be up there, they let him into the Private Room.
He was greeted by a fully-clothed waiter holding a tray of champagne, and forgetting his role for a moment, he grabbed a glass and gulped it down. He'd need a bit of alcohol to keep himself from going completely out of his mind. Then he adjusted his tie with as much dignity as he could muster, and wandered towards the man sat on a regal, red velvet sofa. He wore a cashmere style suit and tie with a light blue shirt, and was accepting more champagne from another waiter. A man in black underwear sat under one of his arms.
“Ah, a new face.” Vince greeted Jimmy by looking him over – crotch first, then face, then body – and his words were slurred. “And who might you be?”
Jimmy chose the first name that came to mind. “Nathaniel, sir. Nathaniel Browning. Mister Frank hired me as the new...” He didn't want to say Playboy, but it was the only word he could think of that made sense. “Playboy for your room.”
Vince nodded, apparently satisfied. “Nathaniel...” He frowned thoughtfully at the name. “And would you prefer Nate or Nathan?”
Jimmy smiled toothily, as charming as possible. He squared his shoulders as he said coolly, “Whatever you desire, sir.”
He could have been sick, but he swallowed it back.
Jefferies seemed impressed. He waved off the man under his arm and invited Jimmy closer. “So... Did Anthony audition you?”
He hadn't thought of that.
“No, sir.” Jimmy tried to hide his blush. “He thought it best to let you decide for yourself whether I'd be fitting for the business or not.”
Vince nodded, then opened a hand to invite Jimmy to sit beside him. Hesitantly, Jimmy obeyed. Immedietely he felt an arm around his shoulder and bit back the urge to cringe away from it. People were still in the room. Shamelessly, Jefferies turned his head to smell Jimmy's neck. His breath stank of alcohol and cigars. “Your accent is erotic. Wherabouts in England are you from?”
Shit.
“Huddersfield.” Jimmy replied, the first to come to mind. Hell, he should have said 'London'. Americans always underestimate it's size so there would be no problem...
“Aha.” Vincent nodded. Evidently he hadn't heard of it. But he shrugged it off anyhow. “Would you like champagne?” He gestured to the waiter beside him.
Jimmy shook his head, he wanted to be able to remember any information he learnt that night.
“Suit yourself.” He raised a hand to the others in the room. “Leave us. And tell my guards to have a break. They've been on my back all day. It's like having a fly on the wall.” He turned his head towards Jimmy and laughed harder than necessary, and the look in his eye suggested that Jimmy laugh too.
“So, Nathan...” Vincent cooed, beginning to play around with Jimmy's tie. He swallowed nervously. “You say Anthony didn't audition you? Well then, I guess I'd better do it then, shall I?”
Jimmy stared into the man's dark, eerie eyes and realised then exactly what he meant. His heart fluttered in his chest like a caged beast craving for release.
Slowly, he nodded. Not that Vincent needed permission. He was already half way through unbuttoning Jimmy's waistcoat before he got tired of trying and practically ripped it off him. A cool breeze slapped at Jimmy's bare stomach and he felt his muscles clench at the unfamiliar feeling.
Jefferies ran his eyes greedily over Jimmy's faintly toned body, although the muscles were more defined than usual with his stomach clenched with nerves. Vincent nodded his head, satisfied with his choice, and ran a violating hand down Jimmy's chest. Jimmy's icy blue eyes shot towards to door, where the last person had gone. It must have an automatic lock, because Jimmy heard the click as it closed. For once, luck was on his side.
Just as Vincent was about to push Jimmy's boundaries to a whole new level, Jimmy grabbed his wrist and held it over Jeffries' head, then he reached into his shoe and pulled out the tiny blade he'd hidden earlier and held it carefully at Vince Jeffries' throat.
“Now then, sunshine.” He growled, straddling Vince on the sofa so he had nowhere to go. Jimmy's charming features had gone, replaced with a menacing smile. “You're going to tell me everything you know about President Noah, and I'm not gunna kill you.” He growled. “But if you so much as scream I'll slit your throat where you sit. D'you hear me?”
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:08 am

Kougu stared at his phone, but the more he tried to focus on it, the more his vision blurred. He saw two screens, then three, and he couldn't make out the details on any of them. His head felt as if it was stuffed with cotton wool, and he was so dizzy that he'd had to clamp a hand to the edge of his bar stool just to hold himself upright. The world was spinning around him; a sickening whirl of noise and colour, and it was not a pleasant ride. He wanted to get off. Shaking his head in a desperate attempt to clear it, he squinted at the phone again, but still there was no message from Jimmy. He wasn't worried; he knew well that Jimmy could handle this. What worried him more at that moment was whether or not he'd get out with his sanity intact... He shuddered at the thought, pushing his fringe away from his sweaty forehead,  and looking back at the drink on the counter. Its level had sunk to nearly halfway, but with the painkillers in his system, the small amount of alcohol had hit him hard. Despite his dry, thirsty mouth, the idea of having just one more sip repulsed him.
Just hang on a little longer. He willed himself silently, shutting his eyes, Jimmy will be out soon. Just a little longer-
"Hey there." The voice startled him out of his thoughts, and Kougu jumped, falling off his chair in the process. He managed to land on his feet, but when he tried to catch his balance, it was as though he had bowling balls rolling around in his head. Staggering to one side, he grabbed the edge of the bar to steady himself.
"Oops," The young man in front of him laughed, grinning as he scratched his spiky blonde hair, "Sorry, didn't mean to give you a fright. You okay?"
"Just fine," Kougu muttered, his voice barely above a whisper. The man in front of him was swimming in and out of focus, and the thudding pain in his head had multiplied tenfold. His hand twitched toward his belt, to where he knew his gun was hidden, and he pressed it firmly into his pocket instead. He could heard voices at the back of his mind, and the louder they became, the more his violent impulses took flight.
"I need some air." He muttered, pushing past the blonde man in the pink mesh vest. "Hey, wait." He objected, catching Kougu by the arm. The touch sent a wave of overwhelming panic rushing over him, and for a moment he saw red. When he resurfaced, his hand was at his belt again. "Let me buy you a drink," The other man continued, oblivious, "Or come have a dance or something, come on."
"No thanks, I should really-"
"Nah-uh," The blonde man started dragging him toward the dancefloor, and Kougu was too dizzy to resist, and ended up stumbling after him. "Nobody so young and handsome should be sitting alone at a bar on a Friday night. Let's have some fun."
The man's words were lost to Kougu as the din surrounding him grew louder. Nothing made sense any more, and the longer he stood there, with people bumping and jostling him, the more the voices in his head began overpowering him. His head was pounding, and his heart raced faster and faster, until-
"No," Kougu finally managed to pull away, "I'm sorry, but I have to go." The blonde man looked disappointed for a minute, then shrugged, and started grinding up against a big black man dancing beside him. Kougu's eyes searched the haze of colour, and finally found the exit. Like a man walking through a dream, he stumbled towards it, fighting his way through the crowds of people until at last, he made it.

The fresh air hit him like a kiss of life as he pushed open the door, and staggered dizzily out into the quiet street. He took a deep, shuddering gasp of breath, and collapsed gratefully against the wall, his heart still racing. That had been close. Far, far too close. He knew that he could never go into one of those ghastly places again. Well, unless he had to save Jimmy, but if things were running smoothly so far, then he doubted it. He took another deep breath, and closed his eyes to let the cool night air sober him up. Well, it could try. Unfortunately, his head was still spinning, and he felt sick to his stomach. It terrified him how out of control he felt, with his thoughts and senses all foggy, and his balance completely off. He couldn't have felt more helpless strapped naked to an operating table.
Kougu was still standing there, leaning against the wall, when he heard the sound of the door opening beside him. He looked up, hoping that Mesh Vest hadn't followed him out, and instead his eyes fell upon the man from the bar, dressed in black leather. His frosted tips appeared even paler in the moonlight, and another look at his face told Kougu that he was probably in his late twenties, maybe early thirties. He must have got sick of the dreadful club, too. Looking away, he took another breath, wiping the sweat from his forehead, then he froze when he heard footsteps walking towards him.
Not again, He pleaded silently, closing his eyes, Please not again...
"Hey." The man's voice was husky and handsome, the voice of a man who was used to getting what he wanted. Kougu seriously wished that he was standing on thin ice at that moment. Falling to his death in an icy river far trumped this moment. "So did you enjoy your Quick F*ck?" ((Okay, technically it's a shot, but I've been researching names of green cocktails, and I couldn't resist that one. Razz))
"What?" Kougu shot the man a suspicious glance, eyebrows drawn together in a frown. He did not realize that he was talking about the cocktail.
"Your drink." The man explained, and Kougu caught a faint French accent in his voice. He wondered if it was put on intentionally.
The man leaned against the wall beside him, watching him with unsettling intensity, and Kougu shifted uncomfortably. "Oh..." He mumbled, "It was a little strong." Jimmy, hurry up. I can't take any more of this...
The other man laughed, clearly amused by Kougu's lack of experience. "My name is Francois." He said, holding out a hand, "What's yours?"
Kougu shrugged, hooking his thumbs into his pockets and looking away. "With all due respect," He murmured, "I'd rather not say. Please leave me."
For a moment Francois seemed taken aback by this, but then he smiled, leaning in a little closer. Apparently, he had taken Kougu's rejection as a challenge. "I enjoy a little mystery myself..." He replied, "But my friend, you are young, and this is the greatest city in the world!" He threw open his arms and laughed, then pushed away from the wall, and stepped in front of Kougu, "It should be a crime to spend the night alone." He smirked, resting a hand on the wall beside Kougu's head, and leaned closer to see him, but Kougu just looked away, too dizzy to move from his spot.
"Let me look at you." Francois said, reaching out with his free hand, and lifting Kougu's chin with his finger. "Your eyes..." He murmured, his own taking in Kougu's face greedily, "They are so dark, so beautiful..."
"Please stop," Kougu objected, pushing Francois's hand away from his chin, and turning his head aside. This cheeks were flushed from the heat of the alcohol, but it seemed that Francois took this as encouragement to continue, despite what Kougu had said.
"But why?" He asked charmingly, "You are a handsome man, my friend, and you should know it."
Kougu had nothing to say to this.  He had been raised to be polite, but at that moment, he wanted nothing more than to scream in Francois's greedy face to leave him alone. His heart was pounding in his ears, and his head ached as though it were cleft open. It took everything he had just to keep himself at bay. The gun at his hip felt as though it was burning him.
"Come," Francois said, grinning, "Let me show you." He touched a hand to Kougu's cheek, and even when he tried to object, Francois just shushed him by resting a finger on his lips instead. Kougu felt a bolt of panic lance through him as the man's face grew closer, and in a flash he slapped Francois's hand away and darted aside, his manners forgotten. "I said no!" He gasped, stumbling, and falling back against the wall again as dizziness gripped him. "Please, for your own sake, go. Now." Francois's eyes hardened, and he replied simply, "No."
Kougu stared at him in disbelief. He couldn't comprehend the man's tenacity. What did he have to gain? But before he could wonder for long, Francois was in front of him, grabbing his chin. Before Kougu could pull away, the other man's lips had touched his. A shock of panic ran through him, and he bolted backwards, slamming into the wall so hard that for a moment he saw stars. He felt himself sliding down, his thoughts too slippery to get a grip, but then Francois grabbed a handful of his shirt, and slammed him back up against the wall. His teeth clacked together, and as the dizziness grew, he saw four pairs of lips heading toward him. "L-let me go..." He stammered breathlessly, his stomach twisted sickeningly with nerves. But instead of obeying, Francois slammed his head against the wall again, then pressed his lips roughly against Kougu's. He felt an unfamiliar tongue twisting like a snake in his mouth, and the taste of alcohol and cigars made him gag. He raised a shaking hand, trying to push Francois away, but the other man was too strong. The pressure in his head was building, and the voices shouted to him as his vision turned slowly red. In his desperation, he managed to pull free of Francois's kiss, and gasp, "Get b-" Before he could even finish, his words were muffled to a grunt by another forceful onslaught of kissing, and panic engulfed him like a tidal wave. Never in his life had he been so terrified, and through the fear, he began to lose himself. His consciousness slipped further and further away, and he felt his hand inching toward the gun at his belt, but he could do nothing to stop it. He squeezed his eyes tightly shut, praying that somehow he could wake up from this bad dream, before it became a full-fledged nightmare.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:18 am

((Haha! That's a really weird name. XD Jimmy to the rescuuuuuuue! ^_^ ))

Vince took a little persuading, but before they both knew it he was singing like a little canary about all the things he knew of President Noah. Unfortunately Jimmy had no way of knowing when he was truthful and when he was not, which didn't really help his case, but he made a mental notes of the basic points to reflect back to with Kougu. After he was as informed as he could possibly be he quietly knocked Vince out by suffocating him, then leaving him on his sofa in a sleeping position. Jimmy then left the room, glad to see there were no body guards, and went to find his clothes.
He hoped he didn't have to sorry about Jefferies remembering him, because the man had been fairly off his head with the alcohol and he'd been drunk enough to tell Jimmy everything without needing to be injured, although it had been a pain to keep him interested in the conversation, even with a knife at his throat.
Yanking his shirt and jacket back on, he wandered back to the bar in search for Kougu, but he was nowhere to be seen. This didn't surprise Jimmy, because he'd probably got sick of all the people and loud music and gone outside for some air. But it was dark outside, and although the Club front door was open, beaming light into the dark street, the shadows were still black as pitch. Even Jimmy's white shirt wouldn't be visible in those.
There were a few couples dotted outside the club, one or two just a couple of men having a smoke outside before they re-entered, others kissing loudly in the shadows. There was still no sig of Kougu anywhere. Not an obvious one, at least.
A faint mumbling sound by the street corner caught Jimmy's attention, and he followed the noise to find a tall, well-built man pinning someone against the wall. The man he had restrained seemed pretty desperate, and Jimmy could hear him pleading to be let go from behind the other man's frame. Jimmy peered nosily around over the stranger's shoulder, and his eyes widened when he recognised Kougu's beanie hat and long, black hair on the other side. Poor guy, there was no way he'd chosen to be in that position.
Jimmy then noticed where Kougu's hand was headed, back to his own pocket and under his shirt. It didn't take a genius to guess what might be there.
Well there was no need for it to get that far.
“Easy there.” Jimmy said coolly, strolling to Kougu's side and grabbing his hand before he did anything wreckless. “I recall the gentleman said 'no'.” Narrowing his eyes behind his large glasses, Jimmy prized the man backwards by resting his hand on the adjacent wall, as if creating a protective barrier between the older man and Kougu's face. There was no way he'd let that guy take advantage of Kougu on his watch, not if he wanted the entire club to remain untouched.
“Now if you want 'some', there are a handful of lucky candidates that way.” He pointed back towards the door of the club. “I'm sure they'd be far more willing to accompany you to the bedroom. Or a street corner, in your case.” He smiled sweetly, locking his eyes firmly on his opposition. Lines like that could get him in a fight if he wasn't careful, and they couldn't afford to be making a scene in a public place.
“Have a good evening, sir.” He replied in a sickly sweet fashion, saluting mockingly with two fingers before turning back to Kougu. His expression softened as he looked the man over with a concerned look. “Are you alright?” He asked quietly.
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:30 am

((I had to, Dude. I had to. XD ))

“Easy there.” A familiar voice said, and Kougu's fingers hesitated a moment, only to have his wrist caught in Jimmy's firm grip. His lips were freed, and he took in a gasp of breath, feeling some semblance of control return to him. But his hand had clenched into a fist where Jimmy had caught it, and he still felt tension threaded hotly through his muscles. A shiver shook him, and it occurred to him that he was trembling. He stood silently, panting and trying desperately to get a grip on himself, while Jimmy shooed Francois away. 
“I recall the gentleman said 'no'.” Jimmy stated firmly, “Now if you want 'some', there are a handful of lucky candidates that way.” He pointed in the direction of the club, “I'm sure they'd be far more willing to accompany you to the bedroom. Or a street corner, in your case.”
Disgusted, Francois's lip curled back in a snarl, then he scoffed, and fixed his hair with a vain swipe of his fingers. "Whatever, man..." He muttered, backing up and raising his hands as though he'd never had any interest in Kougu in the first place. He didn't want trouble; it wasn't worth it. 
“Have a good evening, sir.” Jimmy taunted, but Francois just rolled his eyes and raised his middle finger as he walked away. He had no interest in getting into a fight. He wasn't a caveman.

As he felt Francois's shadow move off him, Kougu shivered again, and turned his head to spit on the ground. His mouth tasted of vodka and nicotine, and it was making him want to vomit. He gagged at the mere thought, clapping a hand over his mouth, and closed his eyes against the intensity of the pain building behind his temples. He felt as if his head was in a steel clamp, tightened just short of cracking his skull. His fingers had turned cold, and icy sweat trickled down his spine as he stood there, still heaving for breath. He might as well have run a marathon. 
He swallowed anxiously, and the pain in his head grew more intense. The voices were screaming, ordering him to pick up the gun and shoot. It was all he could do to hold onto his consciousness.
“Are you alright?” At last, Jimmy's voice broke through his thoughts, and Kougu's eyes shot open, beady with madness. He saw the concern in Jimmy's face without registering it, and suddenly, he was visited by an inexplicable desire to fire a clear shot between those green eyes.
Shaking his head desperately, he wrenched his arm free of Jimmy's grip and stumbled backwards, clutching his own wrist like it was some sort of poisonous snake.
"Get away from me." He hissed, his breath coming in quick, shallow gasps as he struggled to keep a handle on his sanity. He was losing himself,  and the pain in his head was only multiplying. Wincing, he raised a hand to clutch his temples, turning his back on Jimmy and staggering away a step, only to have the dizziness hit again, and rob him of his balance. He tripped on his next step, and had to brace a hand on the wall again to keep from falling. His vision flashed red for a second, and he cursed under his breath, shaking his head like a deer with ticks in its ears. Drenched in cold sweat, he shivered again when a gust of wind hit, and his knees nearly buckled from the motion. The pain was immobilizing.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:04 am

Jimmy was aware that Kougu was shaken up by the experience, and he didn't blame him. But after a few moments when the man who had kissed him had walked away – Jimmy wisely ignored the hand gesture he received – and Kougu's breathing didn't calm down, then he started to get worried. It wasn't like Kougu was hyperventilating, but he looked more as if he were in pain, clutching his temples like his head was about to explode all over the pavement.
Jimmy frowned at him. “Kougu. Are you-”
Get away from me.” A voice, barely human, snarled back at him. Jimmy was momentarily taken aback by the severity of Kougu's voice, and the pair of eyes boring into his. He'd seen Kougu act like this before, but now he was in public, he wasn't quite sure what to do. Kougu was wrestling with the arm Jimmy had been holding like it was going to turn on him, and he seemed to have lost his balance slightly.
“Ko-” He began, just as a gust of wind hit them both, seemingly nearly throwing Kougu to the floor. Jimmy could see even in the darkness the beads of sweat forming on Kougu's brow. He could see the mental fight Kougu was having with himself, and there was almost nothing he could do.
Except he knew one thing, he was not running away from this man and risk the lives of everyone there.
“Kougu, listen to me.” He stepped forward in front of Kougu, quickly catching his head between his hands before he could fall to the ground, and clutched it firmly. “Look into my eyes.”
Kougu's vision flickered, and Jimmy could tell he was struggling to hear him.
Jimmy shook the man's head firmly. “I said, look into my eyes!”
They locked eyes almost immediately, and Jimmy hardened his gaze.
“Remember who you are. Why you are here. Jesus Christ, get a hold of yourself!” He patted Kougu's cheek to emphasise his point, then continued. “I've risked my ass tonight to help you, now, for the love of God, don't make it go to waste.”
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:26 am

Kougu staggered away another step, but before he could get far, Jimmy stepped out in front of him, blocking his path. “Kougu, listen to me.” He said firmly, but his voice was lost somewhere in Kougu's haze mind. "Keep away from me." He choked out hoarsely, stumbling back a step. "You don't understand. I-" Jimmy's hands caught his face, but Kougu's eyes remained locked on the ground.
[i[“Look into my eyes.”[/i] Jimmy demanded, and Kougu's neck tensed as he tried to shake his head, stopped by his friend's firm grip. His eyes lifted to Jimmy's, but he saw nothing, blinded by a hatred that wasn't even his.
“I said, look into my eyes!” Jimmy shook him firmly, and Kougu blinked in surprise, startled out of his stupour. His eyes met Jimmy's and held them, his chest still heaving with each breath. He clung to the eye contact like a lifeline, his wide, frightened eyes not daring to move from Jimmy's, for fear he'd lose himself once again in the darkness. 
“Remember who you are. Why you are here. Jesus Christ, get a hold of yourself!” Jimmy's hand struck Kougu's cheek, and he blinked in surprise, breaking the spell between them. He took a breath, finally deep enough to fill his lungs, and released it slowly.  Jimmy was right. He had to get it together. He had to clear his mind. He had to-
“I've risked my ass tonight to help you, now, for the love of God, don't make it go to waste.”
Still silent, Kougu took a few breaths, still shaking faintly. Then, slowly, he released his muscles, and his shoulders dropped an inch. The pressure in his head subsided slightly, and as he felt the hold over him slacken, he quickly grabbed back what little control he could. Not trusting himself to speak for fear he'd throw up from the pain, Kougu finally stepped back out of Jimmy's grasp, calmer now, but ashamed. He couldn't believe had had come so close to losing control, and right before Jimmy's eyes.
He wasn't sure he'd ever live down the shame.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:57 pm

Although Kougu said nothing throughout his rant, Jimmy knew the words were getting across to him somehow. And, despite his outburst, Kougu was quick to calm down with a firm word from Jimmy. It wasn't long before Kougu's breathing had calmed down and his shoulders slackened, and Jimmy released his grip on the man's head to let him have a moment to himself.
After a few seconds of studying Kougu, who was now stood with his head bowed, looking considerably more ashamed with himself than before. Jimmy pitied him. Even though he'd had an uncomfortable evening flashing his chest to some stranger, kougu had had problems of his own being forced against a wall by some horny gentleman wanting a snog in an alleyway. For a guy who was pretty claustrophobic, that couldn't be pleasant.
“Take it easy.” He murmured, peering at Kougu softly. “I don't suppose you had any alcohol, did you? Because that was probably what made you panic, you know.”
He laid a hand gently on Kougu's bony shoulder and patted it awkwardly. But he could tell the man didn't want to be touched, so he slipped his hand back in his pocket again. “Come on, mate. Let's get to the car before Jeffries realises I'm gone. I have some info you might be interested in.”
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:20 pm

Shivering again in the cold night air, Kougu rubbed his arm awkwardly, his jaw tightening miserably as he thought again over the nightmare of the past hour. He couldn't bring himself to look up at Jimmy, and see the loathing and disappointment in his eyes. To think that after he had finally earned the respect of somebody who's respect actually meant something to him, he could go and throw it away in one messed up night.
“Take it easy.” His friend's voice encouraged softly beside him, and the kindness of the tone shocked him so much that Kougu looked up, his wide, dark eyes darting over Jimmy's face. His expression showed nothing but concern. Kougu was honestly stunned.
“I don't suppose you had any alcohol, did you? Because that was probably what made you panic, you know.
"I... Drank something green." He muttered at last, wincing and rubbing his head. But that had nothing to do with me flying off the handle, even if it made it worse...
A heavy hand landed on his shoulder, and though Kougu flinched automatically at the touch, he could not have been more grateful for it. That was all the comfort he needed. A hollow warmth spread slowly through him at the gesture, and he stepped obediently away from the wall, fixing his hoodie where it had started to slip off his shoulder.
“Come on, mate." Jimmy said beside him, "Let's get to the car before Jeffries realises I'm gone. I have some info you might be interested in.”
Right. The mission. He had almost forgotten...
Nodding mutely, Kougu stumbled dizzily after Jimmy, barely managing to keep his feet under him on the way to the car. Still, he made it somehow, and climbed into the passenger seat - he didn't need anybody to tell him that he was in no state to drive - then leaned heavily back against the seat with a sigh. His head was still swimming, and the pain wouldn't leave. Muttering under his breath, he took the tub of pills from his pocket, and unscrewed the top. His eyes narrowed in concern when he saw one lonely pill rolling around the bottom. Swallowing his dread, he tipped it into his hand, then popped it into his mouth. Perhaps he should have considered the consequences of mixing another heavy painkiller with alcohol, but Kougu couldn't think beyond the pain in his head. It frightened him. He didn't want to lose control... He didn't want to hurt anybody.
Silent and shaken, he slowly turned his head, staring unseeingly out of the window. He should never have gone into that club, and risked the lives of all those people. He should never have trusted himself. No matter how much he thought he had improved, the truth was that he would never have control over himself, and he knew that, no matter how hard he tried to believe otherwise.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:09 pm

Kougu seemed pretty wobbly on his feet on the short trek to the car – it had been parked in a fairly dark area to keep it best hidden – but he managed a few minutes without falling on his face.
Neither of them said a word, although Jimmy wanted to keep quiet in case anyone was paying attention to them. The last thing they wanted were people finding about their plans before they'd barely started.
He sat himself down in the driver's seat – they bother were in a silent agreement that Kougu wasn't fit to drive – and readied himself to drive. Perhaps they were better to discuss it when they got home.
Kougu still looked very uncomfortable, although Jimmy couldn't comprehend why. Was he embarassed about that guy kissing him? Maybe he felt violated... But Jimmy couldn't think of a way to make him feel better. He'd never learnt how to do that before, because he'd never needed it. Now, he probably felt more awkward than even Kougu.
Swallowing, Jimmy revved the engine and rolled the BMW quietly onto the busy road. He kept an eye on Kougu, who swallowed dry a pill from the box in his pocket. Jimmy wondered vaguely hat he had to take, or whether they were just pain killers, but he didn't say anything.
“Um...” He began awkwardly, keeping both eyes firmly on the road now. “Kougu, are you okay? That guy...” He jerked a thumb behind him, gesturing to the club. “Did he do something to you? Besides kiss you? I mean, I guess just him kissing you must have been weird, but... Well...”He clicked his neck, wincing at the motion, and peered down the road. Perhaps it was best to change the subject for a minute. “There's a Pizza Hut? Great.” He pulled over into the car park, and when the engine had stopped, he undid his belt and glanced back at Kougu. “As I said, you know... He's gone, now. There's no need to look so nervous about it.”
It was amazing, really, that Jimmy was more worried about how having a stranger kissing him had riled Kougu up more than the fact that he'd been seconds away from having a crazy fit in front of everyone. But those attacks he'd probably never understand. But his sister had suffered trauma from what Bernardo had done to her, so he could at least understand harassment. He was never very good at making people feel better, but at least he could relate in one way or another.
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:54 pm

For a while they traveled in silence, then Kougu heard Jimmy speak up beside him, sounding faintly uncomfortable. He didn't blame him. 
“Kougu, are you okay?" He was about to answer, but before he had time even to think about it, Jimmy continued, "That guy... Did he do something to you? Besides kiss you? I mean, I guess just him kissing you must have been weird, but... Well...”
Looking away, Kougu rubbed the back of his head awkwardly, trying to think of how to answer. Of course, being pinned against a wall and kissed without his permission had been unpleasant to say the least, not to mention terrifying and humiliating, but in a way, he was used to that. Perhaps he had never been sexually harassed before - that was the one area his sick father hadn't screwed up in - but he had been mocked and beaten enough to tolerate abuse as well as a pet dog, creeping back with its tail between its legs no matter how many drunken kicks it suffered. He had become numb to the pain and humiliation, and accepted it as a simple reality in his life. Even so...
“There's a Pizza Hut? Great.” Kougu looked up when Jimmy spoke again, glancing out of the window to see the flashing sign of a Pizza Hut just outside. He wasn't hungry - hell, he doubted he'd ever eat again - but he lodged no complaint when Jimmy pulled up outside. He assumed that the conversation was over, but instead, Jimmy turned to him and said, “As I said, you know... He's gone, now. There's no need to look so nervous about it."
"It's not that." He admitted at last, shaking his head, and pushing the beanie off his dark hair. His ears were growing hot, his face still flushed from the alcohol, and it was making him feel sick. "Those things happen," He dismissed it with a wave of his hand, as though it was something he'd seen on the news, as opposed to a deep personal trauma, "It's just..." He swallowed, twirling the beanie in his hands. It was unlike him to be so open, but the alcohol had loosened his tongue. And when he looked at Jimmy, saw the concern in his eyes, Kougu wanted to trust him. "Everywhere I go," He muttered, "It's like I'm a ticking time bomb. All it takes is one tiny thing to set me off, and-" He broke off, shaking his head, and turned to stare out through the window, where a full moon was rising. "You know I've never forgotten the face of a person I've killed. I could tell you all their names, and the exact look they had in their eyes before they died. I can still hear them screaming." He sighed softly, and after a moment's silence, he looked at Jimmy, so calm it was almost unsettling. The haunted look in his eyes was back. "There's a lot you don't know about me." He admitted softly, "I've destroyed everything I love. It haunts me every day. I can't eat, I can't sleep..." A breath of what might have been laughter escaped him, but his teeth were clenched with grief as he pressed a palm to his forehead, his fingers pushing back his fringe. "But still I keep lying to myself, telling myself that it will get better, that I don't have to be this way... Who am I trying to kid? I'm a monster," His voice nearly cracked, "All I'm good for is killing, killing, killing... I'd have done it again tonight if you hadn't been there to stop me." He had become emotionless once more, resigned to his despair. He had told Charlie of his past once before, but never had he poured out his innermost thoughts quite like this. It was horrifying and relieving all at once, and yet he felt absolutely nothing... He was hollow. Completely hollow.
"Why did I go in there?" He asked, more to himself than to Jimmy, "Why did I risk those people's lives? I knew I couldn't handle it. I knew..." He closed his eyes, shaking his head. The guilt tasted bitter on his tongue, and just like that, there was nothing more to say. Jimmy knew now what he was. And whether the man responded with fear or disgust, Kougu was glad. He deserved to know what sort of an unstable psychopath was sitting in the seat beside him.
Why did it have to end up like this? All I've ever wanted to do is help people. All I ever wanted was to save their lives... Why must everything I touch turn to ash?
((Yes, lame and dramatic, but that's kinda how Kougu rolls. XD ))

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:59 am

Once Jimmy had parked the car, he pulled off his fake glasses and folded them up, shoving them in the small cupboard beneath the wheel. He probably wouldn't need them again for a while.
It's not that.” Kougu told him, referring back to being forcefully kissed back at the Gentleman's club. “Those things happen.
Jimmy was about to push on, say those things weren't actually supposed to happen, that he could admit he was scared about it. But he didn't, because he realised Kougu wasn't done talking.
Then, without looking in his eye, Kougu began to open up, perhaps for the first time, to Jimmy since they knew each other, fiddling around with his beanie hat. Kougu explained how he felt wherever he went, that he felt like he could explode at any moment in the blik of an eye. Jimmy could understand this, because he'd seen Kougu in action, seen him 'snap' and turn to kill people. To Jimmy there was no 'he wouldn't hurt me' nonsense, he knew that was a problem that needed to be solved, if possible.
With a pause, Kougu glanced out the window. For a moment he wa reluctant to continue, but he seemed to change his mind and began to talk again. He spoke of all the people he'd killed, which was news to Jimmy. Of course he knew Kougu had the potential to kill people, but this man seemed far too pleasant to be able to kill people for no reason.
There's a lot you don't know about me.
Jimmy nearly laughed at this. Kougu was a mystery to him, of course, and he had never doubted that there was more to this person than what met the eye. In fact, what met the eye wasn't very much to go on, anyway. “I've destroyed everything I love. It haunts me every day. I can't eat, I can't sleep...
“Because of the nightmares.” Jimmy finished. He could relate to that. Seven years ago he'd done exactly the same, bullying Charlie to be 'his girl' when she was only ten because of his own selfisj reasons. Now he realised it wasn't the fact that he'd lusted for her, because he hadn't. It was all because he'd let his little sister get kidnapped.
But still I keep lying to myself, telling myself that it will get better, that I don't have to be this way... Who am I trying to kid? I'm a monster. All I'm good for is killing, killing, killing... I'd have done it again tonight if you hadn't been there to stop me.
Jimmy shook his head, but he didn't say anything. There wasn't any point until Kougu was done with his self-loathing. Otherwise he just wouldn't listen.
He could see Kougu was stressed, dragged onto his knees by the weight on his shoulders, but at that second, he erased it all from his expression. He seemed numb with his emotions, that even logical reason would take too long to get to him.
Why did I go in there?” Kougu continued, more to himself than Jimmy. “Why did I risk those people's lives? I knew I couldn't handle it. I knew...
“Err, to protect your partner in crime in case he messed up so he wouldn't need to be on his own?”
Jimmy reminded him, adjusting his flat cap. It suited him, in a weird, posh way, and he wasn't comfortable enough to take off his full disguise yet.
“Killing is not what you're good for, Kougu. It doesn't have to be, at least.” Jimmy shrugged. “You protect those you love. Yeah, you've had your losses. We all have. But you've managed t protect Charlie all this time. And me.” He gestured vaguely outside, although he meant the day before. “Hell, all you did up that mountain was look out for me. It's thanks to you I didn't fall through that ice.”
Otherwise I'd probably not be here now. I don't have the strength you do, nor quite the will do live. Although if you'd died back there I'd probably have sworn you to Hell for leaving me on my own in the middle of nowhere.
“Confidence is strength, mate.” Jimmy added, placing a gentle hand on Kougu's shoulder. “And you could do with some more of it.”
With that, he opened the door and climbed out, then leant his head back through the doorway, smiling faintly at Kougu. For a man that had just had to dress like a male stripper and let a stranger smooch over him he was in a rather good mood. “You want anything?”
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:40 am

Kougu stared down at his hands, picking absentmindedly at a thread on the beanie in his hands. If he kept going the way he was, he would probably end up unraveling it completely before they got home. He couldn't help it. He needed something, anything, to take his mind off what had happened, and what could have happened. More than that, he needed a reason, some clear logic, and to his great surprise, that was exactly what Jimmy gave him.
“Err," He began incredulously, "To protect your partner in crime in case he messed up so he wouldn't need to be on his own?”
Kougu had no comeback for this. The logic was unquestionable, and no wonder. It had been his own logic to begin with.
“Killing is not what you're good for, Kougu. It doesn't have to be, at least.” Jimmy continued, “You protect those you love. Yeah, you've had your losses. We all have. But you've managed to protect Charlie all this time. And me. Hell, all you did up that mountain was look out for me. It's thanks to you I didn't fall through that ice."
Again, Kougu just listened quietly, because what Jimmy said left no room for objection. It was true that he always did everything in his power to protect the people he cared for, but the problem was that that just wasn't enough. He bowed his head, swallowing the taste of bile in the back of his throat. Slowly, the tension in his shoulders began to slacken. No matter how angry he was with himself, Jimmy's approval meant the world. Taking a deep breath, he nodded slowly, then raised his head.
It's over. There's no point obsessing over what could have happened.
At that point, he felt a touch on his shoulder, and flinched away, as he always did. At this point, it was really just an automatic reflex. But as his shoulders relaxed again, he looked to Jimmy uncertainly, eyes searching the man's kind face.
“Confidence is strength, mate.” Jimmy  told him simply, “And you could do with some more of it.”
This nearly coaxed a smile from Kougu's lips. "No argument there..." He muttered under his breath, sighing, and pushing back his messy fringe again. He straightened in his seat, rolling back his stiff shoulders. He was done moping around.
“You want anything? A voice asked beside him, and Kougu turned to see Jimmy standing outside the car, leaning through the open door with a smile so contagious that it made Kougu want to mirror it, even despite his disaster of a night.
"No, nothing for me, thanks." He answered, gladly taking the opportunity to pretend as though the last five minutes had never happened, "But you can get what you like, on me." He produced a wallet from his pocket, then flipped it open and scratched through it until he found his credit card - well, his father's, but what difference did that make?
"Here." He said, handing it to Jimmy, "The pin is 5463. Don't abuse it."

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:48 am

Jimmy's smile widened when he realised Kougu was no longer moping about how bad the night had been, when actually, they'd gone what they'd aimed to do. Jimmy had, at least.
A card was shoved in his face and he stared at it as if it had baby-pink fluffy bunnies on it. What was that for?
No, nothing for me, thanks.” Kougu replied politely. “But you can get what you like, on me.
Eyes widening, Jimmy stared at the card again with a new profound interest, following the arm attached it to the other hand, which was holding a wallet that was bulging with money and credit cards. Jimmy's jaw nearly dropped.
Here. The pin is 5463. Don't abuse it.
From that moment on Jimmy didn't care about what Kougu had made him do that evening, how humiliating it had been or that he'd nearly risked his neck for it all. Seeing that credit card shoved in his direction, knowing he could use it to his own liking, made him suddenly love Kougu to bits.
He had to bite back an elated laugh as he accepted it, and shoved it in his pocket for safe keeping.
“I won't.” He promised, grinning. Although he was secretly thinking, unless you call buying the biggest f*cking pizza in the shop abusing it.
Serves him right, too. Jimmy was starving.
With that, Jimmy closed the door behind him and half walked, half skipped into the shop to buy his food.

He arrived fifteen minutes later with a huge pizza in his hands, and sat back in the driver's seat. He'd also bought a six-pack of lager to celebrate. He wasn't sure what, but he was happy enough to celebrate anything.
Without a word he handed Kougu the credit card back, then placed all his purchases in the back seat to tuck into when they arrived back at the house. Then, with an explosive rev of the engine, he pulled the car back onto the motorway.

It was forty-five minutes later when they arrived back, and Jimmy was more than eager to tuck into his well-earned meal. He kicked the car door closed with his foot, since his hands were full, and ran into the house, straight for the sofa. He was happy enough watching trash TV as he stuffed his face. It didn't occur to him to offer Kougu a slice, although he didn't seem all that eager to, and he barely said a word until the pizza had disappeared from the tray.
Caressing his bloated stomach, Jimmy picked up a can of lager and opened it for himself, then handed the other to Kougu, whether he liked it or not.
“I don't know about you but I'd rather forget about tonight.” He burped, then gulped down a bit of his lager. The champagne from earlier had disappeared from his system, and he was more than looking forward to getting drunk properly for once.
“To...” He raised his can in the air as toast to an imaginary audience. “To the President's future assassins.” He muttered, raising an eyebrow at him. Then, without waiting for another word, he took another loud slurp of his drink.
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:22 am

When Jimmy emerged from the Pizza Hut, he was carrying the largest pizza Kougu had ever seen, which he dumped on the back seat along with a six pack of beer. Just the sight of the stuff made him feel sick all over again. Jimmy handed the card back to him, and as he packed his wallet away, streetlamps flashed by the window while the BMW rocketed away into the night.

When they arrived back at the house, Kougu had still not spoken a word, and his face had turned faintly green from the motion of the car, on top of the alcohol in his system. He stumbled out of the passenger seat and made his way dizzily to the front door, them promptly tripped over the welcome mat and toppled into the coat rack. He caught it just in time, hurriedly setting everything straight, then scuttled over to the couch, face flushed. He hated being so clumsy, so out of control. How anybody could enjoy getting drunk, he just didn't understand. By the time he sat down Jimmy was already eating, and as soon as the smell of the hot melted cheese hit Kougu, he stood up again, a pinched expression on his face, and did the walk of shame to the bathroom. Behind closed doors, he bent over the toilet, and closed his eyes as the horrible green cocktail from earlier that evening made a second appearance, splashing sickeningly into the toiled bowl. Wiping his mouth, Kougu shuddered, then flushed the toilet and turned to the sink, taking his time to wash his hands and rinse out his mouth. After splashing a little cold water on his face he was feeling considerably better, but it only lasted until he straightened up again, and his head started to spin.
Groaning, he tottered back to the couch on wobbly legs, collapsing down on the couch to stare blankly at the TV. 

Upon finishing the pizza, Jimmy handed Kougu a beer, which he set down on the table with a grimace, pushing it out of sight and out of mind, where it so clearly belonged.
“I don't know about you," His friend said beside him, "But I'd rather forget about tonight.”
"I won't argue with that." He replied, feeling a slight smile tweak the corner of his mouth when Jimmy belched loudly, not even bothering to cover his mouth. There was something about his complete lack of manners and his near caveman-like actions that Kougu actually found somewhat endearing. It was wonderfully different from the strict politeness that he'd always known, and he found it somehow freeing.
“To...” Jimmy lifted his can, and Kougu raised an eyebrow questioningly, “To the President's future assassins.”
At this, he actually did smile. "Cheers." He said, lifting up his untouched can and nodding to Jimmy. He set it back down on the table when Jimmy took a drink, and rubbed his face tiredly.

They drank for a while - well, Jimmy did - and Kougu just sat on the couch, trying to make sense of the mess of colours on the TV, and closing his eyes every so often to try to stop his head from spinning. At last, the TV turned to some Asian antique show, and Kougu could no longer pretend to find it interesting. Picking up the remote, he turned it off, then glanced toward Jimmy.
"I still haven't asked you," He said with a yawn, "What did you find out from Jefferies, anyway? I need to take down the intel before you forget." Frowning, he peeked into his hoodie pocket, then scratched around until he found his trusty notepad. Then he sat back, and listened patiently as Jimmy recounted everything he's learned.
At first, Kougu hung on his every word, but pretty soon it was evident he was tiring. His drunk mind simply refused to stay focused, and the effort of demanding that it do so was exhausting. Eventually, he found himself starting to nod off, and as his pen would run across the paper, he'd quickly jerk awake, then scribble down a few more words of nonsense before drifting off again. Soon enough, he stopped waking altogether, and his head bobbed limply down to the end of his neck. The pen fell from his hand, and his body began slipping sideways, until at last he toppled over onto Jimmy,  his head bouncing off the man's broad shoulder. Ordinarily this would have woken him, but the alcohol had Kougu truly out for the count, and he slept like a dead man with the soft material of Jimmy's jacket pressing against his cheek.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:34 pm

Jimmy was perfectly content with watching the pathetic American dramas that were on the TV, and when the screen switched off he released a teenage-style grumble, glaring sourly in Kougu's direction. It wasn't that he'd been particularly engaged in the crappy little box, but he rather liked having something to concentrate on whilst his brain cells slowly died with the alcohol.
I still haven't asked you,” Kougu paused to yawn, a sight Jimmy hadn't really seen before. “What did you find out from Jefferies, anyway? I need to take down the intel before you forget.
That was a good point. Hell, Jimmy was already starting to forget. But as Kougu retrieved his notebook Jimmy recited everything he'd learnt on his visit to Vincent Jeffries' private room, although he was unsure of what was true and what was not, but he had a feeling Kougu would be able to pick those out without too much trouble.
It took Jimmy a while rto realise the usual scratching of a pen beside him had ceased, and he turned around, frowning, to see Kougu's head drooping tiredly. Jimmy cocked his head curiously to one side. Perhaps the alcohol had been too much. Perhaps he'd died.
Shrugging at this, Jimmy picked up the remote from Kougu's lap and turned the TV on again, flicking through channels boredly with his near-empty lager beer in hand.
Just then, a heavy head flopped on his shoulder. Jimmy nearly jumped out of his skin, but when he saw the same shaggy hair that could only belong t Kougu, he relaxed. Gentle snoring echoed in his roaring ears, and he smiled fondly at the younger man. The poor sod had tired himself out completely, and in a way, it was a good job he'd had a drink or two. At least this way he'd get a decent snooze, even only for a few hours.
If it had been anyone else Jimmy wouldn't have stood for it, but for some reason seeing Kougu finally at peace made him pity him, so he let him be. It wasn't like he was drooling on his shoulder.
Wait...
Jimmy bowed his head to quickly check. Nope, no drool. That was fine, then.
Smiling fondly, he sipped the rest of his drink and watched the TV with a look of sheer boredom. He half expected Kougu to jerk awake at any moment, but he didn't. Not even when Jimmy turned the volume up.

Another can of lager later and Jimmy could feel his own lids drooping. Finally he switched the TV and turned his head towards the sleeping Kougu on his shoulder. Poor guy... This was the first time Jimmy had seen him looking totally at peace, and it really was an adorable sight. Kougu's cheeks were flushed with the alcohol and there were bags under his eyes, but the stress on his brow had gone and his eyes didn't twitch or roll as he slept, so it was obviously going to be a peaceful sleep.
Jimmy didn't have the heart to wake him, or move him, so when he stood up he quickly caught Kougu's head in his hands, keeping it from falling onto the hard chair arm. He then quickly grabbed the nearest cushion, and, cradling Kougu's head into it, he lowered down onto his knees to make sure he made no sudden movements.
There were no blankets around, so he quietly shrugged off his zip-up hoodie and gently lay that over Kougu's upper body. It would do, since the house was fairly warm and it wasn't due to snow again for a few weeks.
“G'night, Kougu.” He murmured, flicking his blue eyes over the sleeping figure once more before he stumbled up the stairs to bed.
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:56 pm

It was well after midnight when Kougu finally woke from his slumber. Sitting up slowly, he stared around him in puzzlement, scratching the side of his head, and making his hair stick up at a funny angle. It seemed that he was still on t he couch, but he couldn't remember going to sleep there... Frowning, he swung his legs over the side of the couch, and that was when he noticed something slide onto his lap. A second look showed him that it was the hoodie that Jimmy had been wearing earlier. Blinking into the dark, he lifted it up and considered it thoughtfully, then his expression softened, and he looked away, blushing into the darkness. For all of his tough exterior, Jimmy really was a softie at heart.
Stretching out his stiff muscles, Kougu rocked his weight forwards, then stood up. The moment his feet hit the floor, he shivered, rubbing his arms against the cool night air. He looked at Jimmy's hoodie in his hand, then shrugged and pulled it on. It was far too wide for him, but it still warmed him up when he held it closed at the front. It smelled vaguely of alcohol and men's aftershave , but he didn't really care. In a way, the scent  was comforting.

Yawning again, he raised his shoulders against the chill in the air, and shuffled into the bathroom. That cocktail had really gone straight through him.
Once he had relieved himself, Kougu washed his hands, then picked up his notebook from beside the couch and headed to the office to try make some sense of the new information. He needed a new plan to go on, and now that his mind was clear at last, it was as good a time as any to forge one.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:19 pm

The next morning Jimmy appeared looking far, far worse than Kougu. In the kindest of words, he looked very much like he'd been attacked by a flock of birds who had tried to peck his hair out of his scalp, and with a headache that felt exactly like that, he wasn't in the most pleasant of moods.
In fact, when Jimmy waddled down the old, regal stairs and straight into the kitchen he noticed Kougu as he passed. He shot him a foul look, like his hangover was Kougu's fault, and pointed an accusing finger in his direction.
“If you tell me we're going on a mission today I will shoot you.” He growled, then headed straight for the kitchen. He wanted nothing more than to run his face under a cold tap for a very long time. Of course, he had nothing to shoot Kougu with, so he wasn't being quite truthful about this. But in the mood he was in, he really didn't want to have to do anything productive. He had momentarily forgotten about what he'd done before bed, putting the hoodie over Kougu or even watching TV. In fact, he wasn't in the mood to try and remember.
He found a carton of orange juice in the fridge and unscrewed the lid, gulping down a few mouthfuls without bothering with a glass. Then, stuffing the carton back in the fridge, he rummaged around for the bread and stuffed two slices into his mouth, even though he wasn't feeling particularly hungry.
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:39 pm

Kougu had been battling through the nonsense in his notebook for hours when Jimmy finally arrived downstairs, sometime for after nine. He looked up to greet the man, but was instead met by an accusing finger, and a look that he was fairly certain was intended to kill him. He shout his mouth instantly, blinking with wide eyes as Jimmy growled, “If you tell me we're going on a mission today I will shoot you.”
"Th-that's okay..." He stammered, swallowing anxiously, "We can take the day..." He didn't bother to finish his sentence, because Jimmy walked away before he was done talking, and Kougu was left sitting in his hard chair, wondering what on earth he'd done wrong. Eyebrows drawing together, he rubbed his arm uncertainly, feeling distinctly guilty, although he was not quite sure what for. For a while he sat there and fretted, but knowing that Jimmy was angry, he could not hide for long. So, like a dog to its master, he slunk from the office with his tail between his legs, pausing in the kitchen doorway to watch Jimmy  with anxious eyes. After a few terrifying moments of watching Jimmy ransack the kitchen, he crept quietly inside, keeping well out of Jimmy's way, and pulled open a cupboard in the corner. He had bought some Disprin at the shop. It wouldn't do much for him, but if Jimmy was as hungover as he looked, then Kougu thought that perhaps it would be better than nothing.
Clawing the lid off the container, he picked out a pair of tablets, then poured a tall glass of water, and trotted meekly to Jimmy's side. Without a word, he set them both down on the counter, then backed away again, and quietly left the room, hands shoved into his pockets. He knew that it wasn't much, but he hoped that the gesture would lessen Jimmy's anger with him, at least a little. He didn't much like it when people he cared about were upset with him, especially when he didn't know why.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:17 pm

Jimmy wasn't all that bothered that Kougu wasn't as confident as he was that morning, and he didn't think twice about his attitude. His head hurt like hell, and that was all that mattered.
With a mouth ful of bread he noticed there was a glass on the counter beside him, as well as a pill of some sort. Jimmy didn't recognise it, but he trusted Kougu wasn't going to poison him, and after his mouth was clear of bread he swallowed it with a swig of water.
He remembered then that Kougu had fallen asleep before him the previous night, and his expression changed. Perhaps it would have been a little softer had he not been completely hungover, however, as his smile was more of a mocking type. His eyes were glassy and narrow, and when he smiled he wafted an unfortunate smell of pizza and lots of lager, and he held his glass like a bottle of booze.
“So...” He hiccuped, his cheeks going slightly coloured. He was very dehydrated, but he chose to ignore that fact. “How did you sleep?” He asked, in more of a teasing fashion, and sipped at his drink. He knew what he meant, even if Kougu didn't.
Was my shoulder comfy?
In fact, if he hadn't been hungover he probably wouldn't have brought it up, but his bad mood had taken his manners from him, and he was left with no grace whatsoever.
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:15 am

Kougu had just left the kitchen when Jimmy's voice stopped him, and he turned back to see the man leaning casually in the doorway, looking like death, with the class of water clasped loosely in his hand. "So..." He said with a cruel little smile, “How did you sleep?”
Immediately remembering how he'd woken that morning, with Jimmy's hoodie - which he was still wearing - draped over him, Kougu couldn't help but blush. Bowing his head to hide it, he scratched his hair awkwardly, avoiding the man's sharp gaze. Honestly, he was less nervous now that the other man didn't look angry any more, even despite his shyness, but something told him that this was a trap. Jimmy's smile was a mocking one, and Kougu figured that if he was to escape being the butt of many cruel jokes, then he had best play the game. "Well," He hesitated, "I daresay I slept better than you did." ((Oooooooh, look who grew a pair. Wink))
Trying hard not to crack under the pressure of Jimmy's gaze, he turned away, walking over to the couch to grab the TV remote from where it had become lodged between the cushions. He dug it out, and switched on the TV, turning down the volume for Jimmy's sake. The morning news was on, but Kougu wasn't really interested. His attention was still focused on Jimmy.
"Watch some TV." He said, turning back to his friend. "I'll make you some breakfast."
Tossing the remote back onto the couch, Kougu headed back towards the kitchen, then paused. It was warmer now that the sun had risen, and he figured he could probably do without so many layers. So, grabbing the sleeve of Jimmy's hoodie, he tugged it off over his head - it was so loose around his shoulders, he didn't need to unzip it - and tossed it to Jimmy.
"Thanks," He said simply, one corner of his mouth lifting in a faint shadow of a smile. 'You're not as big and scary as you'd have people think, are you?' He thought, lingering there a moment longer, then turning away. He didn't need to give words to his thoughts. After all, the last thing he wanted was to have Jimmy angry with him again. He was only just getting over the first scare. Shuddering at the thought, he pulled his own hoodie more tightly around himself, then vanished back into the kitchen to prepare some breakfast. Oats were probably a good idea, or cereal. Anything with milk in it, really. Jimmy clearly needed to get some liquids into him.
((Don't you even think it, Missy. Suspect  ))

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:08 pm

Jimmy watched Kougu try to figure out his expression for a while, then suddenly had the guts to reply snidely, “I daresay I slept better than you did.
However, this didn't rile Jimmy up in the slightest. In fact it seemed he was satisfied with this comeback, although he was also amused to find Kougu's cheeks blush slightly at his comment. Still, what he said had been true. Jimmy may have slept better than the last couple of nights, but he still looked like a zombie either way.
Sipping away at his water, Jimmy waddled over to the lounge, following Kougu as he went, and leant against the back of the sofa to squint at the TV. It was so bright...
Watch some TV.” Kougu instructed, and Jimmy found no reason to argue. He walked around until he was by the front of the sofa, and flopped onto the thick cushions with a grunt. “I'll make you some breakfast.
Raising his eyebrows, then narrowing his eyes suspiciously, Jimmy watched Kougu turn to leave the room then pause. Why was he making Jimmy breakfast? Was he feeling guilty, or did he have some cunning plan up his sleeve?
Just then, Kougu shrugged off the hoodie from his shoulders – Jimmy didn't realise until then he'd been wearing it. Where had it come from? The next thing he knew it had been thrown back in his face. Jimmy caught it quickly, then pulled it back towards him. He remembered then, like a lightbulb flicking on in his head, that he'd put it over Kougu's body to keep him from catching a chill in his sleep.
This time, it was his turn to blush.
Thanks,” Kougu muttered then disappeared to the kitchen, probably to prepare Jimmy's meal.
Without thinking, Jimmy brought the hoodie to his nose and inhaled the scent. It smelt mostly of him, but there was a faint tang from Kougu's body smell. The only evidence he'd shown any kindness that night.
Well, good. That was how it was meant to be, right? He couldn't have anyone thinking he'd gone soft.
Clearing his throat awkwardly, he tried to force the colour from his cheeks, although it proved unsuccessful, and kept his eyes firmly on the TV in front of him. The light hurt his head but it was as good as he was going to get, so he didn't complain.
Funny, he thought he was embarassed by his actions. But realistically, if it meant Kougu would have a decent night's sleep, he'd do it again. Perhaps he owed Kougu that. Although they were both in debt to each other in some way, nothing meant more to him in this foreign land than making sure his partner in crime was healthy. Mentally, if possible. But definitely physically.
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:25 pm

After a few more moments' deliberation, Kougu decided on oats, and set the kettle to boil, taking out a couple of instant oat sachets from the cupboard. He still wasn't particularly hungry, but he had a feeling that Jimmy would just end up force feeding him if he didn't eat, so he prepared a bowl for himself anyway. While the kettle boiled, he pulled open the fridge and took out some milk and strawberries, which he sliced carefully, until the high pitched whistle of the kettle pulled him away. Reaching up to take a pair of bowls from the shelf above him, Kougu emptied a sachet of instant oats into each, then poured on the hot water, and added a little milk and sugar. He finished by adding the strawberry slices, then collected a couple of spoons and headed back to the lounge, a piping hot bowl in each hand.
"Careful," He said as he handed one to Jimmy, "It's hot."
Flopping down on the couch with his bowl in his hand, Kougu looked curiously at the TV, where a fluffy, red puppet was singing in a disturbingly high-pitched voice. Eyes locked on the screen, he dipped his spoon into the bowl of oats, then lifted it to his mouth.
The moment he started to chew, he uttered a pained squeak, slapping a hand over his mouth. By the time he'd swallowed, his face had turned pink, and his eyes were watering.
"Good God, that's hot." He gasped, touching his burned tongue tenderly to the roof of his mouth.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:24 pm

Kougu took his time in the kitchen, and Jimmy nearly forgot what he was doing in there, but when he finally arrived Jimmy was surprised to see.. not a crappy slice of toast, but a finely presented bowl of instant porridge. It even had a strawberry on top.
He was so stunned into silence that he didn't even hear Kougu when he warned him that it was hot. He picked up his spoon and poked the strawberry with a funny look, as if he half expected it to explode when he touched it, He blinked in surprise for a while, then shrugged and tucked in hungrily.
He was brutally reminded then how hot it really was, and he spat the food out with a loud curse.
Kougu wasn't quite as stupid as he was, but he agreed soon that it was definitely hot. “Yeah.” Jimmy croaked, fighting the urge to claw at his burning tongue. He picked up his glass of water and gulped the rest down, before turning back to his breakfast and blowing carefully on it.

Once he was finished, he stood up and offered a hand to take Kougu's bowl also. Although he was dehydrated and extremely hungover he was secretly felt bad that Kougu felt like he needed to wait on him hand and foot, and besides, he wasn't a baby. He could look after himself.
“Do you want a hot drink?” He asked quietly, his expression softening despite his drilling headache. “I think there's a bit of cocoa in the cupboard.”
A bit of cocoa? Really?
But Kougu had done enough, and as long as they weren't doing anything else that day Jimmy didn't mind returning the favour. Except, if Kougu decided they were doing anything important that day Jimmy would probably go back to his promise on shooting Kougu. He wasn't sure what with. Probably his jumper, but still...
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:43 am

When Jimmy spat out his mouthful of boiling oats, Kougu glanced at him, faintly amused - as always - by his brazen attitude. He wouldn't have burned his mouth if he'd just listened... Shaking his head, Kougu turned back to the TV, where the red puppet was now talking to a green one in a trash can. Its squeaky voice was no less annoying than it had been a second ago, and Kougu honestly wondered how on earth Jimmy was tolerating it with his hangover. He was still staring blankly at the screen, absentmindedly shoveling oats into his mouth, when at last his spoon scraped the bottom of the bowl, and he looked down, blinking in surprise. He hadn't expected to finish that. It made him understand how Americans managed to get so fat just from sitting around and watching TV.
Shrugging, he started standing up to take his bowl to the kitchen, only to see Jimmy's hand stretched out in front of him, waiting for his bowl. For a moment he just blinked puzzledly at the man, then slowly extended his arm, handing over the bowl with a somewhat suspicious expression. He couldn't help but think that Jimmy was planning to hit him over the head with it or something, but as it turned out, he was quite wrong.
“Do you want a hot drink?” Jimmy offered, not unkindly, “I think there's a bit of cocoa in the cupboard.”
Kougu frowned uncertainly for a moment, then nodded. "Okay." He answered, not quite managing to hide his surprise, "Thanks."
Of course,  he really didn't want a hot drink - a glass of ice sounded far better - but he was so touched by Jimmy's offer that he couldn't refuse. Smiling faintly, he leaned back in the couch, eyes returning to the TV as the credits for 'Sesame Street' started to roll.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next