Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Grace[pg-13]

2 posters

Page 27 of 28 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28  Next

Go down

The Grace[pg-13] - Page 27 Empty Re: The Grace[pg-13]

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:22 am

Senha nodded, running the information through her brain. If Crisco hadn't eaten the root...then Catherine must have.
"Aha, I see. I think they have Touched her or whatever you said." She explained the whole thing with the root from the Creators.
"But, she's been your friend for hundreds of years." She said after a moment, "I guess I don't understand how it'd be easy to tell...never mind, I don't know. I've never had friends until I met you." She smiled and leaned against him.
"For the record, I did miss you. A lot."
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:28 am

Crisco smiled and tapped her nose and was about to say something just as Catherine and Dhruv came back into the cave. Dhruv looked at the pair, clearly puzzled, but Catherine just rolled her eyes and sat down across from them, putting more wood into the fire and poking around.
Crisco hurried to explain. "We were just checking to see if..." He turned to Senha. "Say, you never did tell me your name." While he waited for her to answer, he continued explaining. "We were seeing if she could trigger any memories. Nada."
Hurriedly moving away from her and over to Catherine, he sat down beside her quietly, while she looked at him with a disbelieving expression. Well, she wasn't going to reveal her little secret until he did.
Batcat
Batcat

http://christmas-khaleesi.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:33 am

Senha nearly fell when he quickly moved away, but she caught herself. She feigned a look of sorrow as she regained composure.
"Oh, my names Senha." She told him, then looked at Dhruv. Her look said she'd explain later, but she hoped Crisco would be doing the explaining. She turned away from him and looked directly at Catherine.
"So what'd you guys talk about?" She asked, reaching over to the wicker basket and pulling out some fruit. She looked at it in disgust, and turned back to Dhruv. "Remind me when the snow let's up to go hunting." She sighed and popped the berry into her mouth, looking expectantly at Catherine.
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:39 am

"What we're going to do now that Crisco's not fully here." The lie flowed smoothly over Catherine's tongue with perfection only centuries of practice could produce. But her voice also dripped with sarcasm, especially at the last part. She knew full and well that Crisco wasn't losing his memory, and it hurt her a great deal that he felt she couldn't trust her. Did all those years of friendship mean nothing to him? Did those decades of being a 'thing' not matter? Did the trusting partnership of Were and Creator afterward change something? Doubt and indecision filled her, causing her to tremble slightly.
Snapping out of her reverie, Catherine looked at Crisco sharply. "We're going up to the North Lightening Pine as you'd wanted before. We're thinking that maybe there's some sort of escape point there."
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:45 am

Senha arched an eyebrow at the girl. Alright, so now they all had secrets. Or at least those two did. Senha didn't, and she was fairly certain Dhruv didn't. The drama with Crisco and Catherine made her smile a bit. It was necessary, but still amusing.
She directed her attention back to Catherine, who was saying how they were still going to Lightning Pine.
"Alright then. Are we going to be leaving as soon as it stops snowing?" She asked, glancing outside. The snow was already starting to lighten up, but it was obviously deep. It would be at least up to her knees, if not her waist.
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:50 am

Catherine shook her head. "It doesn't matter whether it stops snowing or not. We're going to stay here tomorrow to plan and rest, and we're leaving the day after as soon as the sun begins to rise." She looked around the cave and met everyone's eyes - glaring at Crisco extra long - to see if there was any protest. Finding none, she nodded and grabbed a stick, poking around the fire a bit more.
Reading the auras of the room, Catherine could tell that Senha was feeling amused. Mostly beause of the drama. Focusing in on Senha, she read the girl's thoughts and frowned to herself. There was nothing amusing about best friends distrusting each other at all. Angrily, she shot up and left the cave, muttering about finding some peace and quiet.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:58 am

[bah has Catherine met Senha? Of course something like that would amuse her. She's amused when people die. She's a very amused person. Amused amused amused...now that doesn't sound like a word..]

Senha watched Catherine leave, then looked over at Crisco.
"Well, are you going to explain?" She asked, nodding to Dhruv. She laid on the blankets, but she laid on her side. She had read something about it in a pamphlet some pregnant woman had dropped in her woods. An aching sorrow passed through her as she thought of her home. She missed it quite a lot.
With a yawn, she looked over her shoulder at Crisco. "At some point I'm going back home." She mumbled tiredly, having no energy left. She rested her head again, and within minutes was asleep.

[amused.]
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:04 am

[[Isn't it annoying when something like that happens? Like you say a word over and over and over and over until it doesn't even sound like a word anymore and it's so weird when you start saying it again after a while O.O Oh, and I'm multi-tasking and reading Huckleberry Finn right now and there's a word called betwixt xD]]

Crisco quietly explained the situation to Dhruv as Senha fell asleep, but made no motion to give the motives of why he didn't trust Catherine. He hadn't even told Senha the true reason. Frowning, Dhruv bit his tongue in order not to tell about Catherine.
When did everything get so freaking complicated?!
Sighing, he glanced outside and did a double take. Catherine was crouched in the entrance of the cave, growling at something. Only the creature's eyes were visible, and they terrified Dhruv. They were bright white with no pupil, and outlined with glowing green liquid that dripped down its face. Even though that was all he could see, Dhruv knew. It was a Rogue.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:11 am

[I know I hate it!!! It's so weird xD
Bahahaha betwixt....I'm reading the book with the character I based Senha off of...seriously out of all my characters I think Senha's my favorite...*thinks about this*]

Senha continued sleeping, shifting ever so slightly. She dreamed of Crisco and babies and her forest. Finally, she awoke to a low rumbling sound coming from the entrance of the cave. She sat up and looked at it, her eyes wide. What was it? It's eyes were...strange. But in a way they were almost...inviting. But from the looks on everyone else's faces, she was the only one who thought so.
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:27 am

[[Baha what book? I just realized my cousin has two different colored eyes baha]]

Crisco pulled out a knife and Dhruv changed into his cougar form. The Rogue snapped his eyes away from Catherine and locked his hateful gaze on Dhruv. Why was this happening? Rogues should only come out in the night. The boy was so confused, but he couldnt think because their survival rested on the next couple of minutes.
The beast lunged into the cave, its frothing mouth wide open for the kill. It was something in between a wolf and a mountain lion, with all the wiry fur of the canine and tail and ears of the cat. Muscles rippled under its dirty white pelt as he sprang at Catherine, with all the grace of a panther and the ferocity of a wolf. Suddenly it made sense to Dhruv, who snarled and launched himself at the beast.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:38 am

[<.< >.> it's called Graceling xD I also kind of based this role play off of it, but I didn't put it in the book section because they're very much different *nods*]

Senha stood up, her mouth set in a grim line. So this was a Rogue Were. She felt her heart beat pick up, and was about to go after it when Dhruv launched himself at it.
"Dhruv, no!" She managed to say, but it was very faint. She herself hardly heard it. She didn't know what to do. So, she stopped thinking and turned to Crisco.
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:45 am

[[I've done that before ^^ Remember Anthony and Sarina? Well I was feeling very unimaginative and made it EXACTLY the same as a book that I highly reccomend called 'Switched' baha]]

The Rogue batted Dhruv aside with a paw as if he weighed nothing more than a sack of feathers. He let out a yelp that piecred Catherine to the bone and flew against the wall, slamming into it and sliding down to the ground, not making a sound. Catherine watched him for a moment, completely shocked by what had just happened. When did Weres attack other Weres, even if they were Rogue? Well, if this one was breaking the rules, so would she.
With a savage yell, she picked up Dhruv's spear and whipped it at the beast, shhouting in joy as it slammed home in its right side, right where its lung should be. A dribble of blood ran down the Rogue's open mouth as it spun around to face the girl, but that was all the signs it showed of being injured. Frowning, Catherine's yanked her sword up and set to work, darting in and out by it, cutting it in various places where she hoped it would to the most damage.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:55 am

[Awwww Anthony and Sarina...that was a fun one...xD I shall read it! Oh, and I'm kind of in love with Clockwork Angel so you should definitely read it!]

Senha watched Catherine for a moment, and determined that she could handle it for the time being. She went over to Dhruv and lifted his head.
"Dhruv, wake up! I need your help, it's really important. You have to wake up!" She tapped his forehead and shook him gently. "Come one, Dhruv. You're supposed to be protecting me! How can you do that if you won't wake up?"
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:04 pm

[[I will read it! I will buy it sometime... soon xD]]

Catherine finally stabbed the Rogue in both eyes and it finally fell on the ground, dying. Saying a quick prayer to the Were Spirit for its soul, she thrust her sword into its heart a final time and twisted. It gave one last whimper before finally dying. Good. One less aura in the room. But they were one short.
"He's dead." Catherine said quietly from across the room to Senha. Walking over, she placed a hand on Dhruv's head and murmured a few words, watching as his body dissolved to a gold powder and staining her and Senha's fingers.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:14 pm

[do eeet!]

"What? No!" She watched in horror as he disappeared into gold powder. She stared at her hands, and finally tears began flowing. She clenched her fists and rounded on Catherine.
"I hate you! This is all your fault! If it weren't for him trying to save you, he'd still be here! I wish you'd never even shown up!" She screamed at her, then turned and stormed out of the cave. She was right, the snow was up to her knees. She didn't care, she just plowed through it. She looked at her stomach, and tears continued flowing.
"And you! I hope you're happy!" She groaned and kicked a boulder, breaking her toes even more. She gasped in pain, then relished in it. She kicked over and over and over again.
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:28 pm

Catherine frowned at Senha's outburst. So many worse things would have happened if she hadn't shown up. The Rogue would have never come, but that would have only happened because they were already all dead.
Sighing, she gathered up as much of the powder as she could as poured it from her hand into the fire, watching as the flames glowed a new color, looking like a rainbow. Images flashed across the walls of the cave from Dhruv's life, first showing him as a baby, than as a toddler, being taught how to walk by none other than Catherine. They were laughing, smiling. Next he was an adolescent, about 8 years old, being taken captive by the Eagles. He and Catherine put on a show of being Master and Servant, but they both knew at heart that they were strictly aunt and nephew, nothing more, nothing less. Then he turned ten and was assigned a graced. He had watched Senha for a year, then went down to help her. And then she saw flashes of his life from after that.
Frowning at his life, she wondered why it had been so short. What was wrong with the people that'd sent the Rogue to kill him? She knew that someone had sent the Rogue, which was why she'd said a prayer that sent him to the Afterlife, but she didn't do much else for him. HGis body also dissolved into black powder, which she unceremoniously threw into the flames, where she watched the slideshow of his life without much interest. But one thing at the end caught her attention. She saw the Creators sitting atop their splendid thrones of gold and silver and jade, but they looked desperate and disheveled. Maybe she and Crisco and Senha could win after all...
The thought caused her to smile a bit, but she stopped herself. No, there had to be more to it than that.
A tall boy with light brown shaggy hair and dark blue eyes stepped down from a tree and landed on the ground with perfect balance. Moving out of the shadows, he approached Senha with a controlled expression that had an appropriate mix of sorrow and determination.
"Im sorry about Dhruv." He said warily, as if testing to see what ehr reaction would be. "I know he cannot be replaced, but I'm here to take his role."
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:37 pm

Senha looked up at the boy. She couldn't have been very nice to like at, with a mess of hair and red rimmed eyes and tear streaked face. She studied him carefully, then shrugged.
"Whatever. Good luck, this place is screwed up." She sighed and wiped her eyes as a last tear trailed down her cheek. "Whats your name?" She asked, turning and waving for him to follow. She figured she might as well go back to the cave, even though what she really wanted was to rip Catherine's throat out.
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:42 pm

"Carter." The boy said with a sigh, thankful that she wasn't tearing his throat out in anger. He'd hear the stories about her, and they weren't very pretty.
"And I don't know. I'm pretty... experienced." He shrugged and moved to walk beside her. "Catherine's here, yes?" He asked, even though he already knew the answer. He just wanted to know what she'd say. Besides, he wanted to know whether or not to treat the girl civilly or not. It wouldn't do to go around making his partner angry.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:01 pm

Senha gritted her teeth.
"Yeah, she is. What do you want with her?" She hissed through her teeth, her fists clenching again. Just the mere mention of her name made Senha's blood boil.
She'd never cared for people, not until she'd met Crisco. But even then she'd never hated anyone. But Catherine...Senha really, truly, hated her. She hated her so much that she didn't even want to kill her, she just wanted her to suffer for a very long time.
She looked back at Carter and sighed. "I'm sorry. I guess I'm hormonal and everything is just a mess."
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:09 pm

Carter arched an eyebrow at Senha's statement but said nothing. Although he desperately wanted to ask why she hated Catherine so much - it was really obvious that she did - he knew it would just get the girl mad, and he didn't want that.
They reached the entrance of the cave just as the last scenes of the Rogue's life flashed across the walls. Catherine was frowning and staring at them intently, as if trying to solve a puzzle. Weird. Crisco was fast asleep in a corner of the cave, oblivious to all of the event that had taken place, even as blinding lights shot around him. Finally they faded to nothing and the fire returned to its normal orange-red hue. Catherine got up and walked over to Crisco, bending over and placing a cool rag on his forehead, mumbling a few words to him. He stirred a bit, but slept on.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:16 pm

Senha stood at the entrance of the cave, watching as Catherine walked over to Crisco. She balled and unballed her fists, then walked into the cave. She glanced at Carter and shrugged, then went and sat down beside Crisco. She pointedly ignored Catherine, just watched the boy she loved sleep as if there was not a care in the world. She wondered what he'd do once he awoke.
Senha reached out and touched his face the tip of her fingers, running them down his jawline. She sighed and couldn't help but smile. Even with all the chaos, there were still peaceful things in the world.

[sniff. I miss Dhruv.]
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:24 pm

[[Dhruv misses you too xD]]

Carter nodded to Catheirne when she got up and approached him. She really doesnt like you, he thought, knowing full and well she could hear him.
Catherine nodded silently and frowned. She had no clue why. Dhruv dying was not her fault! If anyone should be blamed, it's the Creators. If Senha wanted someone in this cave though, it was rightfully the girl herself, considering Dhruv was killed protecting her from the Rogue.
Snorting, she turned and sat down by the fire, watching the remainder of the two powders mix and give of a small glow.
"I've never seen a Rogue have a Flashlife before." She said to Carter. "This one did though. Do you know what it means?"
Carter shrugged. "It could mean a number of things. Most likely it means he reached the Afterlife."
That made Catherine smile. She'd done her job. "Good."
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:31 pm

[Dhruv o: can you hear me? ARE YOU THERE?! *yells into banana*]

Senha looked up from Crisco and at the two Weres. Her gaze landed on Catherine, and immediately her heart turned cold. She didn't know why she hated the girl so much, she just did. It was like an automatic thing...almost as if she'd been taught it.
She racked through her memories, trying to find something of her childhood. Of course, there was nothing. There used to be, that was for sure. Everytime she reached memories of her childhood, it was like little empty pockets where memories used to be.
They obviously had been stolen from her, but for what reason she didn't know. All she could remember was the first time she'd killed someone, and then running away. After that her memory was just fine. Well, as fine as it could be. Some of the killings had been so horrific she'd blocked them out, even though she herself had conducted them.
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:46 pm

[[*waves banana* DHRUV IT'S FOR YOU!!]]

Catherine and Carter finally stopped talking about the Rogue and went to try and get some sleep. It was darkening outside, and their eyes were turning glassy green. Catherine moved over and grabbed a blanket, curling up right next to the fire. Carter changed into his Were form, a large dark brown wolf. He lay down in front of the enterance, head resting on his paws as he stared out into the night, keeping watch.
Crisco stirred under the blankets and groggily opened his eyes and took in Senha. "Hey there." He whispered.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:56 pm

[Dhruuuv:D get a new body, and come back to life 6_6]

Senha smiled at him.
"Hey there, sleepyhead. You mustve been tired." She felt tears stinging at the back of her eyes, and she blinked them away. She brushed some hair out of his face, then turned to look at Carter. She was grateful that he was keeping guard, but decided she'd thank him later. Right now she had to explain the situation to Crisco.
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 28 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum