Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Order of the Gods

3 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Order of the Gods  - Page 2 Empty Re: The Order of the Gods

Post  Batcat Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:29 am

[[Aw, I'm just tired. I'm surprised I actually had a decent post. *wanders around* *is irked*]]
Batcat
Batcat

http://christmas-khaleesi.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Rorah Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:41 am

[[*is irked with Batty* ]]

Rorah
Rorah

http://simonpgg.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:44 am

[[*wonders why* *is not irked with Rorah*]]
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Rorah Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:45 am

[[No, I'm being irked with you about something Very Happy I'm joining you in the irkness XD ]]
Rorah
Rorah

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:46 am

[[Ooh yay Very Happy]]
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Rorah Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:48 am

[[xD I might think about posting now... XD ]]
Rorah
Rorah

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:58 pm

[batty. That. Was. Awesome!!!!]

Meraunda walked briskly down the hallway, attempting to make no contact with the other Miranda who joined her. They were headed for different places, one the room of Sekhmet, one for the room of Isis. Meraunda thought about why she was so edgy with Miranda...probably because Isis and Sekhmet didn't get along. Scratch that, Isis didn't really get along with anyone. As she continued along, veering off into another hallway that lead to the five rooms belonging to only one person, she thought about how Isis had came to her. It had been a little...different than most meetings with the gods and goddesses. She held this memory dearly, for it was the only one she had that wasn't a blur.

I was walking to the market in Egypt with my grandmother, when a car came. It deliberately swerved off the side of the road towards us. To get away, I had to separate with my grandmother and got swept into the large current of the crowd. I was young...12, 11. I shouldn't have been let into the Order...but Isis came to me then. She came as a beautiful woman, smiling down at me like a radiant sun. I couldn't help but trust her. I felt as though I had known this woman my whole life.

She had long, shiny black hair down to her lower back, which swayed when she walked. Her skin was a light brown, similar to mine. Her eyes were the deepest brown I had ever seen. When she talked to me it felt like magic was swilring around me, like the seahorses swirling around Ariel in the
Under The Sea scene in the Little Mermaid.
"Meraunda, I have known of you for a long time. You are something very important, very precious to me." She told me. I asked who she was.
"You know my name." She smiled, and I did.
Isis. The woman nodded, still smiling.
"My dear, you must find the Order. They will protect both you and I." She brushed the hair off my forehead, kissed it as a mother would kiss a childs forehead, and then was gone.
"Child, turn for me please." It was her voice, and I did. When I did, I dint exactly black out. It was more like I was frozen in time, and everything up to that day was sped up, made into a blur right before my eyes. I couldn't understand any of it. Then a black winged kite came, and lead me to the Order.

Meraunda shivered as she entered a room with a shimmering pool in the middle, and five doors around it. Only the five who lived in these rooms were allowed here, just as no other godlings were allowed in another gods' room. Except the five here could go into each others rooms. Meraunda headed for a door with a carved Knot of Isis on it . She looked at the pool again, and smiled as she saw the glittering fish darting around in it. She stood there for a while to admire it, her green eyes sparkling as much as the fish.
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Rorah Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:11 am

[[*sigh* 1,000 words later...]]

I stood in the center of my room, staring at it silently, a rucksack in my hand. It all looked too familiar...too friendly towards my memory to feel comfortable. I dumped my bag on a sofa and sat next to it, staring at the wall. The room was nice, a lot of fairly modern decor, but with subtle hints of Egyptian origins. It seemed like years since the God Set had approached me, and yet...it had only possibly been a matter of days. It still burned clear in my memory...

I had been walking through a field to get home from shopping one day, bags heavy in hand and purse considerably lighter. The grass came up to my knees as I waded through the thick foliage, hurrying so I could get back before it started to pour with rain. Clouds had been gathering all day, and the clouds above my head looked positively fit to burst with rain. As I made my way through the field, the first sight of the storm met my ears. A huge bolt of lightning hit the ground on the horizon, and I picked up my pace, being electrocuted wouldn't exactly be the highlight of my day. The first clap of thunder was next, resonating through the sky like a huge drum beat. The grass around me started to sway, even more so when the wind started to pick up, at first it was simply a small breeze, the next moment it was simply nothing other than a mini hurricane around me. The second flash of lightning signified that the storm was growing, only that it was closer this time, and a much, much louder thunderclap sounded. I covered my ears as the noise threatened to burst my eardrums, and I fell to my knees, totally stunned. All of a sudden, it seemed like the world had slowed down…the grass was still waving, but in slow motion, and the trees were being battered slowly by a wind that had now become non-existent. Like I was in a bubble of my own.

And all of a sudden everything went black. I was still conscious, but terrified. I called out, but my voice simply dropped like a stone moments after the words were out of my mouth. I was…nowhere. “Help!” I called through the blackness, but the same thing happened. The air was stuffy and hot, and I felt beads of sweat start to accumulate on my face.
Help will always be given, Alex.
I spun around, trying to see who said that. Whoever it was, they were here with me, and maybe they could help me! But it wasn’t like someone had actually said it out loud, it was more in my head, like I was dreaming about it.
Don’t fear; all will be over soon. You have been chosen.
“By who?” I heard myself saying to the dark.
By the god Set, ruler of Chaos and Storms. And I have chosen you, Alex Pegg to carry on my rule. You have been chosen to protect my secret, to carry on my powers.
All of sudden my fear washed away, like the figure who was speaking was suddenly someone I knew, like a father. I squinted as a small figure appeared in the distance, walking towards me until it got larger and larger, until finally it was standing in front of me, adult human size. I had done a topic on Egyptian gods in primary school, and I recognised this as one of them. It had a man’s body, but the head of a creature I had never seen before in my life. It appeared to be a jackal, but looking closer I noticed it was different. He had a black head, with a long snout and fairly square ears that pointed upwards. He also had a forked tail that curled behind him, and he wore a regal Egyptian necklace of gold and blue.
Now, go to the Order, go in my place. Go and fulfill your destiny!

And all of a sudden, the blackness vanished, and I was once again lying in the middle of the field, bags strewn all over the ground beside me. I looked up at the sky for a second, still taking in what happened. Even the sky was curious, before I had had the vision; it had been unbelievably stormy, but now it was blue skies as far as the eye could see. I had been chosen. My left shoulder burned like it was on fire, and I hastily pulled down the shoulder of my top. As if it proved that none of it was fake, a black tattoo had appeared on the back of my shoulder, reading in hieroglyphs ‘Set’.

“Curious.” The Order’s priestess had said when I had gone to her moments after I arrived. “Gods usually choose their hosts before they come of age to come here, usually around the age 11 or 12. Set was the only God to withdraw his judgement, he hadn’t chosen until now.”
“So I suppose he was waiting for the right person.” I added, sitting on one of the stone steps. “But why me? I never did anything extraordinary…I’ve never saved someone from a burning building.”
The priestess laughed. “You don’t have to be a hero to be chosen. People here, often they haven’t done anything special in their lives, but it’s just what’s in here that counts.” She gestured to her heart. I thought how unbelievably cheesy it all was, and I was still struggling to believe that it all wasn’t a dream.

I sat on the sofa in my room, silent tears rolling down my face. Why?

Last edited by Rorahkins <3s Family Guy on Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:13 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : stupid typos -.-)
Rorah
Rorah

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:45 pm

[ima reply in like 15 minutes...shower...gotta get the other two introduced...*sigh*]

[okay I can post now!]

Nate sat on the bed in his own little apartment thing. It connected to a hallway that had all the other Anubis godlings' rooms connecting. The leader was on the end. He sighed and shook his dark hair out of his eyes. He wondered what Sally was doing...they were like siblings. They had known eachother since they were kids...and they were discovered by their gods together. He smiled at the memory.

They were walking down a path, throwing sticks and stones and such. He was quite fond of the girl, but not at all in a romantic way. They always fought like cats and dogs...which may have had something to do with happened next. While they had been walking, two figures were ahead of them, arguing a considerable amount. The woman was pretty, and wore what seemed to be a black suit and a cat amulet. The man, er, boy was dressed in black and looked similar to Nate aside from his skin, which was tan, and eyes, which were dark brown. The woman was scolding him.
"If you weren't always acting like a dog, maybe you could make some friends!"
"If I wanted to have cat friends, I'd dress like you." the boy growled. The woman glared at him angrily.
"Dogs!" She exclaimed, throwing her hands up in a frustrated manner. Then she turned and saw the two children standing there. She smiled at Sally, completely ignoring Nate. The boy turned and looked him over, nodding with approval. Nate shuffled uneasily, but Sally was beaming at the woman.
"Im Bastet." The woman introduced herself as. "You, my dear, are to go to the Order and take your place as the leader of my branch." Sally's eyebrows furrowed. Bastet smiled.
"You'll understand when you get there." She ruffled Sally's hair, then turned and was gone. Nate looked expectantly at the boy.
"I'm Anubis. You need to go with the cat girl and join among my branch. I have special things in store for you." Anubis smiled, then was gone. Nate turned to Sally, and they both headed in the direction of the Order.

Sally smiled at the memory as she sat, cross-legged, on her bed at the end of the long hallway of Bastet's godlings. She stroked the fluffy grey Persian cat that laid on it's side next to her. Open books were strewn along the floor, as well as lining the shelves that surrounded the room. Most of them were about Egypt, but there were quite a few she had picked herself. She sighed and waited for the others to come flooding into her room.

Last edited by Kira ♥'s Horus:3 on Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:36 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Gotta post for my other two :D and I forgot their names...xD)
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:52 pm

[[You guys I'm really really sorry about my lack of posting. It's not my fault, I swear! And I love how you just copy me and post everyone's revelations xD And I'm currently devising my reply, so don't run anywhere!]]

Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:59 pm

[it's just such a smartical way to introduce them xD we've copied a lotta stuff from you batty in this rp so far. But I promise everything from me from now on will be strictly original. *nod nod*]

[I just realized that Sally and Nate have the same last name...but they're not siblings! I swear xD]
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:02 pm

Nick walked past Meraunda as he approached his living quarters. He smiled and winked at her as he passed and stopped to ruffle her hair. He was fond of the girl – she was like a little sister. Which in all reality might have been true; Isis and Osiris were brother and sister some myths. Although others they were husband and wife; the classes they spent together learning about that had been more than a little awkward. He chuckled at the memory but continued on his way. He stopped at his heavy wooden door to watch her observe the fish in the center of the pond.
He loved the little pool. It was so peaceful and serene – the exact opposite of his life. Ever since Osiris had claimed Nick, his mind had taken to imagining all things morbid. Maybe it was – all right, it definitely was – because Osiris was the lord of the Underworld. He was different from Nephthys, who protected the dead and the dying. Osiris was literally the god of them, and could either punish or reward them for what they did in life. That wasn’t particularly pleasant, but he was just glad he didn’t have to deal with it himself.
“So, how are you handling the Order?” Nick asked, concerned about her stress level. They only been in the building for a couple of months and he’d learned from experience that stress could cause your inner godliness to cause massive damage… Miranda had cracked open the floor of her room once and needed to take a different room for a while when they were repairing it. He chuckled at his ill-tempered girlfriend and made a mental note to visit her later.

[[Ahaha, okey ^^ And Nick doesn't like remembering it so... I'm not posting it. Also I'm feeling more than a tad lazy xD]]
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:16 pm

[dude, the girlfriend thing threw me for a loop xDD]

Meraunda turned and smiled at him.
"I've learned to deal with it, since it's all I've got." She responded with a shrug. She studied him carefully. He was like her brother, but why did he have to be with Miranda? She was so...aggravating. She sighed and mentally shook her head, turning back to the pool. She watched the fish carefully.
"How has it been for you?" She asked, looking at him out of the corner of her eye. She arched her eyebrows with curiosity. Sure, it could be stressful at times. If she used to much of the goddess's power it could...well it could destroy. Isis had powerful magic, being the goddess of magic and all. So Meraunda did as well. She started toying with the water, just as a distraction. She manipulated it to form little balls of water that enclosed some of the fish, having it float about above the surface then going back gently into the water and releasing the fish. Due to it's 3 second memory, it immediately went back to it's normal life as if nothing had happened. She giggled, loving being able to manipulate the water. She could manipulate a lot of things, and with Isis's power reserve she could even manipulate people...but she drew the line at that.
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Rorah Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:06 pm

I stood up, refusing to stay in here forever. Wiping away my tears, I walked out of my room and headed towards the middle of the large outer room, where there was a glistening pond, home to a large amount of fish. I sat on the other end of it, looking at the small crowd that was gathering on the other side. I stared at them in jealousy, sticking my finger in the pond, letting the fish swim up to it, either nibbling it or swimming away with a slight splash.
Rorah
Rorah

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:59 pm

Sally stroked the cat, sighing. She set down the book and stood, walking out to the hallway that adjoined all of Bastet's godlings and guardians. She walked out to the main hallway that branched off to the other branches. She stopped in front of the Anubis branch, and waited.

Nate finally came outside, and grinned at her.
"Ready?"
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Rorah Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:16 pm

[[I'm just gonna hang back and wait for Batty...because there's really not much I can do.]]
Rorah
Rorah

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:21 pm

[yeeaahhh me either o.O]
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Rorah Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:23 pm

[[ xD ]]
Rorah
Rorah

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:45 pm

[[You will have to wait for me to post. I dont get home til Friday and I want it to be a good post. Sorry D:]]
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:21 pm

[that's fine:3 good posts are...well, good!]
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:35 pm