Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Order of the Gods

3 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

The Order of the Gods  - Page 3 Empty Re: The Order of the Gods

Post  Batcat Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:58 pm

Nick shrugged at Meraunda’s question. “Alright, I guess. It’s not terrible here.” He bit hiss lip, a little annoyed at himself for not thinking about the question first. But there really wasn’t much to think about, right? He did like it here, and the food was pretty good. Besides, it meant he never had to go home – which was the best part about the Order.
He glanced across the room to see Alex sitting on the stone wall surrounding the small pond. She didn’t seem very happy, but then again she never seemed like that to him. He sighed and looked pointedly at Meraunda and then nodded at Alex, ignoring her little trick with the fish. In his opinion, magic should only be used when necessary – and that definitely wasn’t.
“Hey, are you okay?” Nick asked Alex as he approached her. He sat down next to her with a small smile on his face and watched the fish swim around her. He wondered why they weren’t running – or swimming – away like they always did with him. Set was the god of animals, so that was probably why. As if to prove his point, he stuck his own fingers in the water and the fish jumped and swam away.

Miranda turned the corner to see Sally and Nate. A smile spread her face – even though she rarely got along with anyone, she genuinely appreciated the pair’s company. They were always so happy, and it rubbed off on her. She really did enjoy the way they could playfully tease each other and not be offended. She grinned at them.
“Where are you guys going?” She asked, a devious hint creeping into her voice. She wondered if they were going to prank anyone; she’d gladly tag along if they were.

[[There ^^]]
Batcat
Batcat

http://christmas-khaleesi.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:12 pm

Meraunda set down the fish and walked over to Alex. She sat down on the other side and smiled, then turned and looked at the pond. She watched the fish in silence, letting Nick do all the talking. She didn't quite get along with Alex...not that she had anything against her, she just didn't get along. She pulled her knees up to her chest and rested her chin on them. She avoided putting her hand in the water, seeing as getting wet usually weakened her powers. Of course she didn't need them at the time, but it was good to be prepared.

Nate looked up and smiled at Miranda. He turned to Sally.
"Umm, not sure. Probably just exploring. There's still a few hidden places we haven't found yet, I'm sure of it." His eyes flashed mischeviously. Sally just rolled her eyes.
"We were probably going to the library." She told her, glaring at Nate.
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Rorah Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:27 pm

I looked at Nick as he walked over, not really concentrating on him until he spoke. "I'm fine." I lied, swirling the water a little, the fish scattering, but moments later returning to my finger that was half dipped in the water. I didn't appreciate the attention as Meraunda came and sat down, but smiled half-heatedly anyway. I saw the look in her eyes, the eyes were the windows to the soul after all, but said nothing.
Rorah
Rorah

http://simonpgg.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:49 am

Nick sighed and rolled his eyes. The girl didn't really look okay, but if she said so... "Fine. Meraunda and I were going to get some ice cream, want to join in?" He smiled openly, wondering if that was something she was interested in.
And besides, it would be a good time to get to know her. He didn't really like the fact that he didn't know every single person in the Order, and he really wanted to. Not so much for popularity, but to scope out the surroundings. Know the personalities of the people he needed to eat with. Know the habits of the people he trained with. Know who would likely turn against him so he could learn their weaknesses.

Miranda rolled her eyes and smiled. "But the library's boring!" She whined. "I mean, they expect you to be quiet!" Her eyes widened in mock horror. "What if you're mesing around with someone?" She wagged her eyebrows deviously and winked at Nate.
"Oh well, there's still some fun in the library. That doesn't involve paper airplanes."
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Rorah Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:53 am

I looked up to face him. "Sure, that would be cool!" I smiled genuinely this time, I suppose I'd have to make an effort to make friends. "I don't really know this place well anyway, I'll have to learn where to go sooner or later." I lifted my finger out the water, watching the fish swim lazily in all directions.
Rorah
Rorah

http://simonpgg.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:41 am

Meraunda blinked at them. Had no one taken the time to explore and see where everything was? Well, she didn't know where everything was, because of the boundary spells and such, but still. She shook her head and stood. "Ice cream it is!" She said with enthusiasm, extending her hand to the girl to help her up. She smiled sweetly, her thoughts still whirling. Ice cream? They hadn't really discussed that, but she supposed it was okay. It was Nick's idea, and a pretty good one. Not that she was in love with ice cream. Frozen custard and frozen yogurt were more for her. Especially frozen custard, yum. She smiled as she thought about it. Then she felt like a fatty, so she directed her thoughts elsewhere.

Nate grinned at her. He liked the way this girl thought. Sally, on the other hand, just rolled her eyes.
"You and Nate can do whatever you want, I'm going to get some important research done." With that she started heading off for the library. When they reached the library, she pushed open the massive double doors, revealing wall upon wall of honey-comb like cubbies, holding thousands of scrolls. Sally smiled and ran down the steps. Nate sauntered in after her, a bored look plastered on his face. Sure, the library was pretty cool, but still. You had to read. That may have been fun for Sally, but it was a whole other story with him.
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:13 pm

Nick grinned and stood up. "Cool." He laughed and stooped down to tie his shoe. As he was pulling on the laces, he noticed a shiny object glinting in the light lying on the ground. With a careful hand, he cautiously picked it up and examined it. Even here - where there were magic boundaries - bombs and stuff still managed to find their way in.
It's just a penny, he thought.
With a smile, he handed it to Meraunda and nodded to the fountain. "Make a wish!"

Miranda laughed, but immediatly shut up when she crossed the threshold. Though the librarian looked sweet and innocent and nice, she wasn't. The girl shuddered at the memory of their las encounter. All she'd been doing was making paper airplanes from the scrolls! But noooo apparently you weren't allowed to do that.
She sighed and walked quickly to catch up to Nate. She tapped his back and pointed to a small door in a far corner. It was locked, but she came prepared. Sneakily, she pulled a bobby pin from her hair and grinned deviously.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:22 pm

Meraunda blinked at the penny, almost hesitant. With and shrug she took it and closed her eyes. She silently made a wish, tossing the coin in the water. She waited until she heard it plink to the bottom, then opened her eyes. She watched the water for a moment, and in that moment she felt everything crash down on her. The loneliness, the lack of memories, everything. Her shoulders slumped, but in a second she had straightened up and a smile plastered back on her face. "Off we go." She exclaimed, making an over exaggerated step.

Nate smiled deviously. He and Sally, who was by now long gone, had already been in there, but it was nice to double check these places. Sometimes new thing were added, so he was game. He followed Miranda, almost bubbling over eith excitement.
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3