Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wilderness [wolf, bear, etc.]

2 posters

:: Animals

Go down

Wilderness [wolf, bear, etc.] Empty Wilderness [wolf, bear, etc.]

Post  Sniper21 Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:54 am

[Set before the pioneers arrived.]

Before the colonization and settling of man on this ageless land, the buffalo roamed in almighty, thunderous brown and black seas across the waving plains. Hundreds, thousands, hundreds of thousands of raw power, carving the ancient trails of the earth. There was no boundary between the earth and sky, no boundaries, no restrictions.

The wildflowers and dense, towering forestry; surging rivers and their waterfalls, furious summer storms and their accompanying True Darkness; crackling chains and searing, ravenous fires - it was all the Northern/Western world that Saga had been born into, accepting its unending, unbroken Life and Death Cycle with every wild twist and ragged breath of the hunt.

Untamed, unmanned, and free.

This was his home.

---

SETUP: "The Simple Stuff"

You can be any animal, but we need a pack or two.

You can have more than one character, doesn't matter how many, as long as you can keep track of 'em and don't start talking to yourself!

General courtesy rules apply.

*There are other humans out there, but they're mostly Indians, and don't bother you if you don't bother them Smile Also, a few know how to communicate with other animals.

This has no specific plot, so I'ma let it run and see what happens. Fall is approaching, and that's about it.

CSHEET:

Name
Allegiance/Clan/Solitary
Description
Sniper21
Sniper21

Back to top Go down

Wilderness [wolf, bear, etc.] Empty Re: Wilderness [wolf, bear, etc.]

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:35 pm

[sounds fun!]

Name: Chumani. [Sioux name meaning Dewdrops]
Species: Wolf
Solitary
Description: Chumani is a silvery-grey timber wolf with piercing blue eyes. She has a happy, go-lucky personality yet she prefers to travel alone. She's a deep thinker, and tends to ponder things a bit to much. (history will come later:])
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Sniper21 Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:50 pm

Name: Thunderhead
Species: Buffalo
Western Plain
Description: a large, roaming bull that guards the outer ring of the Western Plain herd.

Name: Saga
Species: Wolf
Stone Bluff Clan
Description: a strong gray hunter that circles the ranges on the plains and into the hills. When he's not flanking his leader on the hunt, or taking care of his new sisters, he's out roaming to pick up songs and sights.
Sniper21
Sniper21

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:22 pm

Sweet characters!
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Sniper21 Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:25 pm

[Eh ^^. I'll be back in a little while to make the first post, unless you'd like to start Smile ]
Sniper21
Sniper21

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:28 pm

[heh. heh. No. I fail at starting xD]
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Sniper21 Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:38 am

[I'll be in later today/tonight and start off ^^]
Sniper21
Sniper21

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:28 pm

[grrrrrrrrr]

The shadows drifted, moving across the face of the lone wolf. She shifted her position so that she disappeared with them, moving alongside the darkness as if it were her pack. But it was not. No, she was alone. As it had always been. But that was okay with her, she liked it that way. More room to think.
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Sniper21 Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:37 pm

[mmmmmmeeeeehhhhh o_O]

A lean, wiry, half-grown Gray carried a ball of fuzz wearily up into the rocky bluffs, just in time to see the moon rise like a great, bright, white saucer above the plains below. He was hungry, he was tired, but above all, he was irritated. If he could spit the fuzzball out to have enough room to express his feelings towards it at the moment, he feared it wouldn't be appropriate for its ears.

The fuzzball whimpered hopefully, as though sensing his thoughts, and he sighed through his nose, pausing a moment to rest. It was then that he found her scent, a solitary female roaming the darkness. Saga's ears sat back, but he made no more noise.

An enemy?
Sniper21
Sniper21

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:44 pm

Chumani stopped, lifting her nose and perking her ears curiously. She smelled him, the male. He had the scent of other wolves on him. Obviously he was in a pack. She bared her teeth slightly, more like a grimace than an angry face[xD]. Then she stepped out, laying her ears back and lowering her tail to show she was no threat to him.
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Sniper21 Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:05 pm

Not a threat. Saga stood and perked his ears straight-forward, and managed to growl quietly behind his miniature burden, a posed question: who was she, and what was she doing in the rim of the pack territory?
Sniper21
Sniper21

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:06 pm

[are they going to be personified at all, or shall we keep they're actions animalistic?]
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Sniper21 Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:09 pm

[personified sounds easier (though its kind of a bit of both). He's just got his mouth full right now, is why he growled ^^]
Sniper21
Sniper21

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:15 pm

[tee hee okay:3 personification it is! I likeseys big words.]

"My name is...it's uh...Chumani. Yes, that's it." She wagged her tail slightly, and let her tongue loll. "Oh you probably would like to know why Im here. I'm just wandering. Obviously, I pose no threat." She became distracted by the fuzz ball. "What...what is that?" She tilted her head.
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Sniper21 Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:23 pm

Saga figured that diplomacy wasn't going to be easy with his mouth full, so he gently deposited the fuzz onto the ground, which tottered around his legs a moment before coming to sit down. Seeing the female's friendliness, it returned the gesture, little pink tongue sticking out in excited pants.

"THAT -" and here Saga huffed - "is trouble. I am returning her to the pack and her father at once before she causes any more damage."

The pup shuffled sheepishly. Saga wasn't convinced, nor amused. "She is my kin, unfortunately..." He turned his yellow gaze upon her, and sniffed, inhaling her scent. Many places traveled, he noted. "It is dangerous to travel into territory unannounced. You're lucky there were no sentries this night...Chumani," he commented quietly, but not threateningly. A beautiful name.
Sniper21
Sniper21

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:58 pm

"Shes cute. She's your kin, you say? Siblings? It seems so...you look similar. She's adorable." She wagged her tail and gave a nod of approval. "And it just so happens that I am bearing a message for your...pack? It would be a pack, or a clan. I've heard it called that. I wonder why..." She seemed to lose him for a moment, then she came back to earth. "Oh, forgive me. What is your name?"
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Sniper21 Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:11 am

The Gray would have rolled his eyes. Oh yeah, REAL adorable. The pup gave her a toothy grin, little tail thumping a mile a minute. She liked this one. Saga gave his cub-sister a stern eye. Stay put, or it's your bottom.

He was amused though at Chumani's rambling. It was clear that she hadn't been a part of a pack for a long time, if ever at all. He bared his teeth, common courtesy in introductions. "I am Saga of the Stone Bluff Clan. A pack and a clan are the same thing - family is family, after all," he said, tail-tip waving. "Just can't get rid of them.

"But what of this message?"

"Can she come with us?" The pup piped. "She should."

Flat ears. "Shush."

"You're so rude."

Exasperated, Saga made a face, vying for what patience he had left. "That was rude of me, Chumani, proper laws aside. If you have nowhere else to stay for tonight, you are more than welcome to share our grounds. I'm sure the Matriarch wouldn't mind, prey being plentiful this year."
Sniper21
Sniper21

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:02 am

Chumani wagged her tail slightly as the pup piped up.

"Thats a kind offer, but I must be off as soon as possible. Who is this Matriarch? I would like to see them." She gave a slight nod, as if assuring herself of something. But what? She began to ponder in her head.

If I give them the message, then they may try to kill me. But if I don't they may all be killed. Hm what a predicament....maybe I should give them the message and have them deliver it. No no, it needs to come from me. What to make of this...what to make?

She stared at her paws, the ridges where eyebrows would be on a human slightly furrowed in concentration as she shuffled her paws from left to right, as if mapping out her situation.
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Sniper21 Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:16 am

"The Matriarch is our leader, the Elder Cloud Step," he explained slowly, wondering where she'd been to never hear of such a thing. He felt he didn't have to explain that a 'matriarch' was the oldest female, or grandmother; wolves and buffalo alike held a matriarchal society where that female was in charge.

But he sensed her hesitation, her sudden apprehension, and tilted his head. "You won't be harmed; guests never are," he assured her, hoping that was the cause. "And I can only assume that a loner, who would risk walking into a territory unannounced, must have something very important to say..."

Sniper21
Sniper21

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:39 pm

Chumani nodded.

"Ah, yes. It's very important. You must have a kind, er, pack. Yes, I suppose I'll say pack. Oh I'm rambling. Anyways, this is very important. So can you show me to this Matriarch? Pardon my bluntness, but this is incredibly important." She looked at him, her eyes serious.

It could mean the end of you...
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Sniper21 Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:07 pm

His little sister looked from her to him, and then imploringly, with large eyes. "Please?"

Saga snorted and gobbled the cub back into his mouth, swishing his high tail to indicate Chumani should follow. He didn't know how important it was, but in his position as the Leader of the Hunt, it might become directly his business.

"So what pack are you from?" Sister-cub yipped curiously, as Saga lead the way.
Sniper21
Sniper21

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:01 am

Chumani smiled at the pup.

"Im not from a pack, I travel alone." She said softly, more because she was talking to a pup than anything else. She wondered if the pup would ask why. That would be quite the story. She gazed about, sniffing the different scents. She could smell mostly wolves, they're scents being different yet similar, and the occasional prey. Chumani had a good nose, and she knew how to use it. That kept her out of unnecessary trouble.
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Sniper21 Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:33 pm

"Really? Is it more fun than staying in a pack?" She yipped excitedly. Wolves were solitary for many reasons, so the reasoning was not any surprise to her. Instead, she viewed the loner as the loner might view her - a different culture, a different lifestyle. "Oh, I'm We Ci, by the way. Nice to meet you!"
Sniper21
Sniper21

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down