Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

〮Red Dead Redemption 〮 [PG-13]

3 posters

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

〮Red Dead Redemption 〮 [PG-13] Empty 〮Red Dead Redemption 〮 [PG-13]

Post  Rorah Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:48 pm

(This RP loosely follows on from the game 'Red Dead Redemption', it would help if you had a knowledge of the game, but if not, you can still join!!)

This story is set in the West. The Wild West. Where outlaws roam the great plains of one of the last, deteriorating frontiers in America. Horse power is being overcome by horsepower, the automobile is making more and more appearances in developing towns all over the states, but crimes and cowboys will always be the icons of the West. It's 1911, and things are changing.

You wanna hear my story? There's not much to tell really. My father, John Marston was the son of Scotsman, who was killed in a barfight. His mother, of no sort of profession, also died in childbirth. He then grew up as an orphan in the same place as my mother, but I'll get onto talking 'bout her later. Anyway. he ran away from the orphanage when he was around my age, and joined a gang, run by a gunslinger called Dutch van der Linde. Now my pa told me he did terrible things, thievery, murder, bounty hunting. But eventually, Dutch drove himself mad, and went on a killing rampage, slaughtering men, kidnapping woman and cutting down children. When my father decided to put a stop to this madness, however, he was caught in the crossfire, and was shot by Dutch. He was left to die. If it hadn't been for my mother, he would certainly be dead. Since then, he's tried to forget his gang life, and settled down with Abigail, his wife.

Truth be told, I don't really know much about my ma's history, probably for the best though. She once worked as a prostitute, and when she became pregnant, John proposed to her. She soon gave up her life, settling down with him on the ranch.
Told you there wasn't much to tell.

I don't pretend to hate gangs, because I don't. It's been difficult at times, but it's one thing I can do to get away from life. I don't like killing if I can help it though, I don't want to become a trigger-happy moron like some of the bastards out there. It's a hard life in the west, but we get through. It's only a certain amount of time until a rumor that 'Bonnie Marston's going around robbing people' reaches my pa's ears.
So that's my unfortunate life. Living as a completely illiterate outlaw, the daughter of a retired gunslinger and a former prostitute.

My Character-
Bonnie Marston
Bonnie is fairly tall for her age, with dark brown hair that's normally tied up in a ponytail. Underneath her hair, she has a pair of dark chocolate eyes, much like her father's.
Bonnie is never seen dead without her cowboy hat, which is fairly weathered and old, and bears a few scars like bullet holes. Along with her hat, she wears a white blouse and a worn leather jacket with cut off arms. She also wears some dark, dirty trousers, and under that her cowboy boots with silver spurs.
Bonnie is an incredibly outgoing character, a trait she evidently inherited from her father. Despite this, though, she's very family-orientated, spending a fair amount of time at home with her mother, and out with her father hunting elk. Bonnie is also an incredibly boisterous character, prefering to hang around with boys, rather than girls destined to be houswives. She has always shunned the cooking and cleaning life, refusing to believe that women are the weaker sex. Instead, she wants to follow her father's footsteps as a gunslinger, much to his dismay.

Other Stuff!-
I would like someone to join (Of the opposite gender), that's in the gang that Bonnie's in, of roughly the same age as Bonnie.
OR
Someone (Of any gender) that's in a rival gang, of the same age as Bonnie.
Rorah
Rorah

http://simonpgg.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

〮Red Dead Redemption 〮 [PG-13] Empty Re: 〮Red Dead Redemption 〮 [PG-13]

Post  Dreambug Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:28 pm

((Oooh, this sounds fun! Very Happy Mind if I join as a leader of a travelling gang? I'm just not really familiar with the game, that's all Razz))
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Rorah Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:45 pm

((Sure thing! Very Happy That's okay Smile))
Rorah
Rorah

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:27 pm

((Haha thanks! Very Happy))

Aaron Cooper
Aaron has a very broad build for his age, and at a first glance he seems at least three or four years older than he really is. He stands tall at 6'3" with short, dark brown cropped hair and icy blue eyes - which are often narrowed due to the constant blinding rays of the midday sun - to nothing more than dark slits on his glowing, stubble-ridden face. His skin is dry and a sun kissed red; his natural skin colour is olive tan, as his father was tanned and his mother was pale-skinned. He wears a dyed black deerskin coat over a red and white checked shirt, which he does open before and after peak sunlight in order for the breeze to hit his chest. He has a very mysterious look about him, some say he doesn't look trustworthy. Those peopel are right, he isn't. He has become the Noname highwayman in some states, threatened people's lives for the sake of money and wealth. Heck, where do those people wonder where he got his goods from?
He travels on the back of a Dun appaloosa gelding he has named Butch, due to the fact that he snatched him from the slaughter house when he was younger, and hadn't known how to steal anything so big until he was thrown out of the hosue when he was 13, and was forced to take part in the evil sins he had been brought up not to, in any circumstances, commit. he met a few travellers on the way and has slowly earned their trust, and also authority on the way. He is now the leader of a small handful of men, all around his age - although Buck, the eldest, is going to be twenty three next month - and all have committed crime worth severe punishment at least twice in their lives. Aaron is very quiet and only really speaks when he has to, and most of the time sjust watches the world through the shadow of his well polished, chocolate brown cowboy hat - which he stole last week from a rich gentleman on the road they had been so fortunate to be travelling on themselves.

((I have no idea what I just wrote...o.0 Sorry, I will get better at this once we start Razz I will figure him out bit by bit, since I really am too tired to explain his history, personality and entire life story for now Razz
Oh, and if I need correcting in any way other than typos (xD) please just tell me. I suck at things usually the first time round Wink))
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Rorah Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:51 pm

((Hehe! Wicked character Very Happy Very western Wink ))

'Jack, what the HELL have you done now?!' I yelled over the sharp wind that was blowing down from the plains. The gang were on their horses, following the trail into the woods. Behind, the faint sounds of yelling could be heard.
'Hell, Bonnie! I was getting my ass outta there before one of us got shot!" Jack yelled back at me, his face red, continually spurring his horse on as the yells and shouts behind got louder.
"Well you coulda told me!" I raised a hand to prevent my hat from blowing off.
"You know Bonnie, maybe you should learn to read, then you can check what time the sheriff sends out his patrols!"
I growled. "And maybe you should learn how to shoot someone in the front, rather than the back! Thanks for leaving me you son of a bitch!" I kicked my horse harder, flying to the front of the group. "Follow me!"
After a few minutes of hard riding, I lead them to a large rocky hill that overlooked the woods and a short distance of the plains. Dismounting, I made my way to the edge and carefully looked over. "They're leavin' " I called back, and the others joined me. Sure enough, the law officers were heading back to town on their mounts. There were sighs of relief. I turned back to Jack. "You coulda read it for me, you know I never had any tutorin' "
He snorted. "Well with the amount of money your mother used to bring in, I'm surprised!!"
My hand instantly flew to my holster, raising my pistol to his head.
"Don't you DARE talk about her like that, Jack! Don't you DARE."
Louis raised a hand. "Hey, hey...Bonnie, put the gun down. Jack, learn some godamn manners!"
Jack turned on his heel and spat in the dirt, strutting off a short way down the hill. Reluctantly, I slid the pistol back into its holster and turned away.
"I better get goin'. It's nearly dark. See ya." I mounted my horse, and without another word, I headed back to the ranch.
Rorah
Rorah

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:05 pm

[Oh. My. Lanta. I LOVE THIS GAME!!!!! May I join with two characters?]
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Rorah Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:53 am

((*faints* I LOVE IT TOO :DD Sure thing, you can join! I didn't think that anyone on here would play it, save for me, so it's cool you do Very Happy I've been like, obsessed with this game for the past week and a half, been playing it ever since then, L.O.V.E IT TO BITS Smile I love you I love you I love you ))
Rorah
Rorah

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:10 am

[I used to play it with my brother during the summer, then he went to college and took the xbox with him -_- oh and I'll post the characters when I get home from school:] ]
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Rorah Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:03 am

((Sure thing :3 I'm already back from school Very Happy))
Rorah
Rorah

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:11 pm

(Okay, I've got a feeling I'm gunna end up changing my charri bit by bit, but the big things will stay the same. Call it cheating, but once I'm happy with my charri, I can never seem to change it Razz)

"I swear, if we don't stop and rest soon I might just kill somebody'." Allan grumbled unhappily, kicking a dry stone from his path with the ball of his leather boot. Beside him, Tom groaned.
"It's your own stupid fault. If we'd got out of that bar quick enough and had time to get to the horses..."
"But we didn't," Will shot angrily, "because thanks to Al and his heroics with the bar maid, we were lucky to get out of there alive, never mind with a single ranch horse!"
"Well excuse me for wanting to charm a pretty little lady!"
Tom rolled his eyes. "I wouldn't have minded much if she wasn't the landlord's daughter!"
Allan shuffled to a stop and turned his attention to both of them, resting his elbow on the back of the pack pony they'd managed to snatch a few weeks before from a ranch a few miles north. Unfortunately it had been the only thing they'd been able to snatch, as they'd lost all their horses to the Sheriff's men when they'd taken the wrong ruit out of a bar when they had been spotted. The only one left with a horse now was Aaron, and that was because he'd spent the entire time outside amusing himself in the stables for a good hour or so. He wasn't fond of bars, as they reminded him too much of his father. He despised his father, and becoming like him was the very last thing he wanted. He stared out at the golden-glowing horizon, somehow managing to let his mind wander towards the hills and mountains which surrounded them. Butch's light stride lengthened as his hooves hit the soft, forest ground as they began to make a small change of scenery. Trees shadowed Aaron's roasting body, sheltering his skin from the warm rays of the evening sun. He was glad. Those rays had been eating away at his skin since early dawn. A faint sound of voices caught his attention, yet his friends seemed oblivious, and continued their endless dispute over the matter with the horses. He let out a long sigh, but kept his eyes to the road before them. He didn't want anything to do with any of it.
"Hey, Rosa told me she wanted to meet a man who would sweep her off her feet, and that's exactly what I did. What's so wrong with that?" Allan continued questioningly, running his dirty hand down the broad neck of the small, palomino pony.
"Oh, your a real Saint." Will muttered furiously "and it's cost us three ruddy horses. Well, I hope you're happy, pal. Because next time, we won't be there to save your sorry hide when you're caught trying to 'sweep a girl of their feet'."
"She said it's what she wanted!" Allan exclaimed, his eyes widening desperately. At the short silence that followed, he let his gaze sink to his feet. Then, as if a light builb had flickered into life inside his head, he looked up at Aaron, his eyes glistening innocently. "Erm, Coop? Cooper?"
aaron blinked a few times, realised he was being called, and looked down at his friend tiredly. "Hm? What, Al?" At the look on the male's face, he could tell exactly what he was thinking. His eyes narrowed. "You're not riding my horse." he said flatly.
Allan's face fell. "Why not?"
"Because you know what happened last time. You nearly lost your nose, and three of your finge-"
"Alright, fine." Allan sighed, letting his shoulders slump in defeat. He looked just like a little boy who'd been told he was to go to bed without supper. The thought made Aaron smile.
"It looks like we're near another town," he said calmly. "We'll find an inn and we'll be able to rest there for the night."
Allan nodded, but Tom wasn't amused. "Great, so once we find somewhere, Allan here can go buy us some brand new horses whilst the rest of us are making ourselves at home."
The rumbling went on for a long while, but eventually Aaron lost interest. The sound of distant voices caught his attention once again, and completely forgetting about his companions, he squeezed his horse into a trot towards the sounds. A female voice, a young adult perhaps, was bellowign at another male, who had aparently shot someoen in the wrong place. His dark eyebrows drew together slightly. What? His eyes widened slightly in curiosity as he slowly walked Butch forward a few more strides, before deciding he would see nothing unless he was lower down. He dismounted and jogged towards the bushes and watched as the commotion reached it's peak. The girl held out her rifle to the man's head, the man gave her a look of burning fury, spat on the floor and stormed off.
Yet another to act like a young child having a tantrum. The second in that day.
He watched as the girl mounted and departed from her group, and out of burnig curiosity, Aaron did the same. This girl was different: she contained more fire and will to fight than any other woman he had met. She was something unique, and he wanted to know more about her. He tabbed Butch's sides with his spurs and cantered on after her, making sure to keep a distance as she led him towards another ranch. He raised an eyebrow. Funny, she didn't look like the 'ranch' sort of person. Still, he knew appearances could often be deceptive, but his first impressions of people were rarely proved wrong. Eventually he quickened his pace until he was by her own horse's rump, making sure to hide the gun in his belt as so not to allarm her. "I wouldn't worry about your friend," he said to her calmly, fully aware that she was probably still riled up over the incident with her group member. Still, being at gunpoint didn't bother him as much as it would to others, although he couldn't quite fathom why. "Trust me, I've seen more anger in a four year old. He'll come round." His lips twitched a tiny smile beneath the shadow of his shiny hat. He sat back on his saddle coolly, trying to hint to her that her outburst didn't allarm him one bit. He knew he'd left the others behind, and he had been a fool to simply slip away like he had, but they had to be used to it now. Besides, it had been their own fault for losing their horses in the first place. He wasn't he only one who liked to go walkabout and do what he wanted, go where he wanted. It's what came of travellers who hadn't been taught about boundaries. They'd find him eventually. They always did.

((Hehe oops. Typing spurt xD I hadn't quite planned to type that much. Erm... Okay then Razz))
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Rorah Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:26 pm

((Ooh O.o That's actually pretty awesome for a first attempt! Very Happy! I won't always write as much as I did though XD ))

I turned to look at the new voice, jumping as their presence startled. I relaxed, hand halfway to my holster when I noticed it was only a boy, perhaps around the same age I was. "The cause of my dispute is no concern of yours, mister. Now I suggest you go back to wherever you came from, and leave other people's business alone." I was still riled up about the argument, Jack's words still ringing in my ears. "Or you're gonna get y'rself into a whole load of trouble."
Rorah
Rorah

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:41 pm

((Lol same, although I will have my moments xD Bleh, I'm too british. Where's the Western in me?! D:))

Aaron raised an eyebrow at the certainty in her tone, wondering what on earth had happened in ehr life for her to act so... manly. Still, she was armed, and no doubt ready to shoot him if he said a word out of hand. Still, he couldn't quite decide whether her threats were empty, or whether there was a meaning behind her words. Was she gutsy enough to lok him in the eye and blast his brains out, even though she didn't know a single thing about him? Somehow, he doubted it. Still, he could always try her out. He was good at trying people out. "Trouble?" he shrugged carelessly, "Meh, no change there. Trouble is what I live for." he winked, relaxing deep in hsi saddle. "Besides, I can tell you wouldn't hurt me. Of course, you wouldn't have it in you. You're a woman, if even that." he looked her up and down, forcing his lips into a prejudging sneer. "You're harmless."
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Rorah Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:49 pm

((Hehe! Playing RDR for a week non-stop has drained the British out of me, I think XD Cowboy at heart now, me X'D Oh, and here is the map for yous, so you know where everything is Smile At the moment I think we're in The Great Plains, North-East corner of the map. My ranch is in a place called Beechers Hope. Map ))

I opened my mouth in a chuckle and turned to look at him, one eyebrow raised. "I'll relish the day I can put a bullet in your head, that's all I can say. And don't think just because I'm a woman, I can't be tough. Not all of us a brought up for pleasure you know." I looked him up and down with a sneer. "See you round, cowboy." With that, I turned back to the trail in front of me and spurred my horse into a canter. Soon enough, I recognized the ranch ahead.
Rorah
Rorah

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:04 pm

((haha nice Wink You lucky thing, I want to be western! D: *pulls on cowgirl suit and rides round on hobby horse* that's probably as far as I'll get Razz
Ah, I see it Smile Right, I'll remember that Razz))

Aaron's lips tugged up into a tiny grin as he watched her begin to ride away and decided to follow a distance away. Where was she going? A small patch of land caught his attention, and his eyes lit up. A ranch. She'd led him to a ranch. The boys would be pleased. "Hey!" He shouted on after her, pretending he hadn't seen the approaching property. "Hey, sweetness. Is that a threat or promise?" He asked with a grin, slowing his horse back down to a walk.
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Rorah Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:10 pm

((LOL xP
"You want me to promise it? Cause I sure as hell will." I bit back. He was really starting to get on my last nerve now. "Why don't you go ride back to your mamma and tell her, now?" I gestured back towards the woods. One of my hands tightened around the reins in annoyance. "You know, if you really want me to stick to that, I can. I can right now if you like. If it'll shut you up."
Rorah
Rorah

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:31 pm

Aaron raised a surprised eyebrow at her sudden irritation and shook his head. 'Go back to your mamma... to wherever you came from...' The words haunted his mind like spirits and his smile slowly sank form his face. "I wish I could," he muttered quietly, although he doubted she'd hear him. He inhaled a long breath and raised his chin, pulling Butch into a halt. "It doesn't take much to get under that thin, feminine skin of yours, does it, girly?" He lowered his chin, watching her tense her body as she rode away from him. "You have more fire than any man I've seen in years. But I think I'll pass on the bullet. I'd rather see the blue moon rise tonight, thanks. Which reminds me..." He rose his voice slightly, althouigh he had no idea why he was bothering. "Is the ranch yours?"
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Rorah Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:38 pm

I nearly smiled at his comment, dismissing his mumble as some insult. "Father's inheritance I guess. Yeah. Ranch's mine. Why d'you ask?" I slowed down, peering at him under the rim of my hat. The distant sound of wolves disturbed the peace, the sun was beginning to set below the horizon. I had to get back sometime soon, no doubt pa had gone hunting and wanted some help with the skinning.
Rorah
Rorah

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:48 pm

Aaron relaxed at the subtle lightness in her voice, and he sensed a smile coming from her, although he couldn't quite see her full face. He had learned to know people from an early age, to take in their every move, study their expressions and body language. It was a skill he was forced to perfect when he was thrown out of his home by order of the Town's Sheriff, and had been sent to exile at the age of thirteen. He had been terrified at first, but once he kenw how to know the strangers that passed him he had learned how to calculate who he could trust and who would hand him over. He had to admit, even with the gang on his side, it came in handy at times like these. "No reason," he replied, noting the curiosity in her glimmering eyes. He lowered his chin once more, hiding his face in the dark shadows that were slowly swallowing the suns rays behind the hills. Sunset. He gave her an almost hinting smile, yet nothing too obvious, and squeezed Butch a few strides forward towards her. "How many acres?"
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Rorah Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:55 pm

I shrugged. "How m'I meant to know? Just about two I think, though. Enough." I added. "Enough for us to run on our own." I looked back to the ranch. "I have to get back, and if you dare hold me up any longer then I won't hesitate to shoot you." Even though my voice was hard, I said it with a slight hint of a smile. "Bye mister." I continued on at a walk, hoping he wouldn't want any more.
Rorah
Rorah

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreambug Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:04 pm

Aaron nodded to himself, almost putting the peices together in his head. Two acres, eh? Well, that wasn't too bad. And they were on their own, therefore there wouldn't be many, if any people guarding the ranch. Perhapas, if they were quiet...
"Good day, miss." He replied with a warm smile, nodding to her before yeilding Butch back round on the track and slowly strolled back down the track.
Dreambug
Dreambug

Back to top Go down

Post  Rorah Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:14 pm

((*POINT* This is her father :3 John Marston. I know it says he has a son, but I decided to chance it to daughter XD))

As I was making my way back, I spotted my father coming down another track from the woods. Sure enough, he was carrying elk meat on the back of his horse. I rode over to him.
"Hey Bonnie!" He gave me a warm smile. "I may need some help with this, got another one up at Manzenita Post. You wouldn't mind going to grab it, would you?"
I shook my head. "Course not Pa. I'll go get it." With that, I headed back down the trail he had come from, deep into Tall Trees. The trail was getting harder to make out, as the trees constantly blotted out what light there was left in the day, and by the time I got to the small town, the moon had risen. I got the remaining meat from one of the towns folk, and started to make my way back down the dark path.
Rorah
Rorah

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:46 pm

[okay wow you guys got started xD is it alright if my boy character is in the same gang as Bonnie? If not I can change it xP]

Andy "Tornado" Jones
Andy is..well he's Andy. Sandy blonde hair and blue eyes. Average height for his age. Looks like the angelic type, aside from his clothes. He normally wears tan trousers covered by a pair of worn out, dusty, tan chaps. His shirt differ from day to day, but he always wears his tan vest, the color of dust. That may be because it's covered in dust, but he doesn't care. He's never caught dead without his cowboy hat. It's black, and it's really the only article of clothing he attempts to keep clean. At least with his sisters help.
Andy has a ranch, which he lives on with his sister. They inherited it when their father died. Their mother...they don't know where she is. He has a few horses, but his favorite is a buckskin mustang stallion named Buckeye. He wasn't sure where the name came from, just seemed to fit. His life revolves around the wellbeing of his sister, which is partially why he joined the gang. The other reason was to find himself. Andy has always been a lost soul, and by joining the gang he had hoped to achieve his purpose. That however has not come to light. Not yet at least.

Samantha (Sam) Jones
Samantha is the girl version of her brother. She has long, sandy blonde hair and the same pale blue eyes. Her skin has been tanned by spending time outside, taking care of the ranch while her brother is out doing things for the gang. She doesn't approve of it, not one bit. But she decided long ago she wouldn't be the one to stand in his way of what he wants. Her goal in life is to find her mother, but right now she just wants to care of Andy. She can be found wearing a pair of trousers, which she took from her fathers closet. She also wears a thin, long sleeved cream shirt and a tan vest, much like her brothers. She never leaves her house without her "tiara" as her brother calls it, aka her cowboy hat. It's a tan felt with a ribbon circling just above the brim. The ribbon was her mothers, so she likes to keep it close.
Sam has a white mustang mare, named Moonshine. The name seemed to fit the horse, so that's what she called her. Although Sam really only wants to find her mom, she takes care of the ranch when Andys gone. So she hasn't been able to search. When she finds the money, she's going to leave that stupid gang infested town and search for her.
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Rorah Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:55 am

[[Sure, it's okay. Yeah, sorry Sad I'm sure you'll be able to fin in somewhere Very Happy!
Very Happy Oh, and I forgot to describe Bonnie's horse :3 Silly me XD

Rebel
American Standardbred
Black pelt, black mane and tail, with one white sock on back left leg.
Fast horse.

There Very Happy]]
Rorah
Rorah

Back to top Go down

Post  Rorah Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:22 am

[[Shall anyone....post?]]
Rorah
Rorah