Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Public RP - Rebirth of the Technowar

3 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Public RP - Rebirth of the Technowar - Page 4 Empty Re: Public RP - Rebirth of the Technowar

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:54 pm

Lisa felt her face pale, she had heard about those things. Well great. This girl probably did want her dead. She moved forward, slightly shaking for fear of what was going to happen. Her mom would come get her out, right? Yes. That was right. Had to be.
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Public RP - Rebirth of the Technowar - Page 4 Empty Re: Public RP - Rebirth of the Technowar

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:07 pm

Ace knew that what Crisco said was true, but he didn't want to hear it. Ace was rather an opinionated man, when it came down to to it, and although he was - without a doubt - an automata, at times like this he could not appear more human. He didn't want to hear Crisco's depressing comments on the fighting force of the Drilbots... But what irked him most of all, was his master's lack of faith in him. Automata as strong as him?! Pah! He had been the Alliance's geatest creation... And, apart from numbers, the Alliance were by far superior to the Drilbots... Right?
Ace shook his doubts aside, and turned to his master with a cold, disdainful glare. "Do you doubt me, Master?" Ace asked, his voice sickly sweet, and a faint smile on his lips. "Will you deny me what I was created to accomplish, because you do not believe I have the power? Very well... I shall prove it to you! Tell me - where is this place from which I must rescue your friends? What is my mission? I'll show you my power... I'll teach you never to doubt me again..." Ace trailed off into silence, then blasted himself into the air, hovering above Crisco as he waited with a hardened glare for his master's explanation.
Ace was a temperamental automata at the best of times. It would take a lot to earn his true loyalty, and even more to earn his unfaltering obedience. As the first of his kind, he was flawed in this way... But, in some ways, Ace's flaws were also his greatest assets.
Polo trapped in an inkpot

Location : With the beast under your bed, in your closet, in your head...

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:48 am

Crisco arched an eyebrow. "I do not doubt you, Ace, I just know that there may be automata with powers as great as yours. I never said it would take any effort to break my friend out - that's the easy part. The hard part is convincing the Rebels that now is the time and to overthrow the Drilbots." He looked at Ace in a cold, calm manner. "Are you doubting my ability to lead?" He didn't know how far was too far when challenging Ace, so he prayed for the best.

"The Bloqette?" Avani asked. "The girl is rather new - wouldn't it serve her best to sleep in the barn tonight and wait a week for the Bloqette so she can fully appreciate the terrors?" She knoew that on the outside, she sounded like a heartless monster, but she was really buying time. From what she could tell, Ace was activated and they'd be coming for her soon. Why not bring the poor girl, too? She was doomed anyway...
"Lota, if I wanted your opinion I would have asked!" Trollef snapped.
"Yes, Master."
"What is your name?" He said crabbily, turning to Lida.
Batcat
Batcat

http://christmas-khaleesi.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:19 am

"Uh..um...Lisa, sir." She said, looking at Avani with an arched eyebrow. She then relaxed her face and focused on pulling the...whatever she was pulling.
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:57 am

Irritated by Crisco's denying the doubt he obviously felt, and pointing out yet again that automata as powerful as him might exist, Ace felt himself growing crabbier by the minute. And hearing that his next mission was an easy one did nothing to improve his mood.
As such, When Crisco's challenging question reached his ears, Ace wasted no time hesitating before he replied.
"Yes." He stated bluntly, "Yes I am."
He glared at his master, and slowly drifted back to the ground, waiting for some response, his expression inscrutable. He was not really angry with Crisco... Nor was he dissatisfied with his master. He simply did not approve of the points that had been made.
And of course, he was still experimenting... Testing his new master in every single way. It was important that he knew his master's every strength and weakness, just as it was important that Crisco knew how best to command him... After all, as he had already proved with the dead blood incident, one wrong move - and it was all over.

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:58 pm

"Not anymore!" He shrieked metallicaly. "It's now Grotkai. An ugly name fitting for you..." He muttered, trailing off.
Avani offered Lisa a small smile and a little wink and turned back to the road, pushing harder against the yolk than before. In almost no time at all, they turned onto a lonely, dusty street and approached an old, creaking barn. It was painted an ugly brown color that matched the drab garments Avani was issued.

Crisco sighed wearily. "I expected that much. You're far more intellegent then the other autamata I've commanded in the past. You can actually debate with me." He offered Ace a small smile. "Which is good in a way. You've passed the first test. Congratulations. Now, we have to start planning the rescue mission. The subject, well and her new recruit, is located in this shack over in this area." He pulled out a high-tech looking device (suspicously resembling the Apple I-Pad - the Drilbots were not very creative) and started plugging in coordinates. A S-D holograph image appeared above he high definition touch screen and Crisco leaned forward to examine it.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:11 pm

Perfectly befitting... She thought to herself, and pulled on. She glared at Avani in return of the smile, still disliking her immensely. She gazed up at the barn, eyes wide with fear and awe. It was brutally hideous, like a scar on the terrain. Although it couldn't be permanent. It would fade, in time. Just like a scar. She narrowed her eyes, contemplating this.

[just realized I made a super contradiction...you can't gaze up at something with closed eyes Very Happy]

Last edited by Kira Kira on Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:39 pm

"That's probably because those other automata are nothing but glorified can openers." Ace pointed out haughtily - clearly not ashamed to have the world know that he considered himself far, far above them.
He was, after all... Never before had a piece of machinery been able to become as human as Ace. It was the blood that did it... As long as the blood he shared with Crisco ran through his circuits, Ace would mimic his master's humanity. And aside from that, he had already developed a personality of his own based on it.
That was exactly the reason that he had been the Alliance's finest work... That delicate and dangerous line between robotics and humanity... Had finally been breached with the creation of Ace.
That was why it was lucky he had a master like Crisco: One who 'tested' him.
Hearing his master speaking about the rescue mission, Ace stepped forward and peered over his shoulder at the device in his hand - recording the holograph so it would be locked in his memory.
Ace considered it for a moment, then turned to Crisco to state his suggestion. There would come a time when his master was experienced enough to command Ace's every action, but until then, Ace felt the need to put forth his own opinion, and to assist his young master.
"We don't want to cause a commotion..." He murmured thoughtfully. "Perhaps the best course of action would be for me simply to teleport there, grab them, and teleport them back here again? That way no damage will be done to give clues as to how they escaped, and it will keep the enemy wondering... They will literally have vanished without a trace. The only problem is that my energy stores are still immature, and I am unsure if I can manage two teleportations in such quick succession - especially since I shall be teleporting three entities - counting myself - the second time..." He trailed off thoughtfully, then glanced toward Crisco. "If you are willing, I could take from your energy reserves to ensure my success - but I prefer not to resort to such weakness..." He trailed off snobbishly, then heaved a dramatic sigh and turned back to Crisco. "What will you have me do, Master? This mission is yours to command, after all... I ought not to get ahead of myself."

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:59 am

[Kira, I don't think you can xD I just peed myself laughing.]

"No, Ace, teleporting wouldn't work. I'm thinking more of a stealth mission. If we could locate a safe house within five miles would it take too much energy to trasnport four persons including yourself?" Crisco asked briskly, narrowin ghis eyes as he studied the image. He zoomed in on the barn and studied the structure. Avani is located here." He gestured to a small corner in the rear of the barn. "We could dash in and grab her, run away, then teleport her friend to right outside the barn...?" He ended it in a quesstion, and, glancing up at Ace, he asked, "How far away do you have to be to teleport someone?"
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:06 am

Avani chuckled quietly. If only you knew what I was doing fo you, she thought. After a moment of poking around, she was released and she padded into the barn gracefuly. She entered the stall designated to her, which was no more than a glorified closet. Trollef limped toward her in that weird, screechy way of his. She put on her most winning smile and he threw a half-filled bucket into her stall after leading Lisa into the adjoining one. She greedily covered it, just in case anyone was going to take her food. In the years she'd been here, Avani knew she'd become nothing more than an animal.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:21 pm

"It would be a stretch, but I think I could manage." Ace answered seriously, taking care to emphasize the fact that he was as yet unsure of the limits to his energy-levels. It was his master's job to make sure he didn't overuse himself, after all...
But then again - he was very different to ordinary automata. He ought to be able to rely on his own judgment as well...
"In order to teleport somebody, I have to be touching them." He explained, answering his master's second question. "I shall follow whatever orders you give me, Master." Ace promised, "So shall we begin this mission? I grow tired or waiting..."

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:49 am

Crisco arched an eyebroow. "Do you just want my orders, or do you want to know the strategy behind them? Beause I haven't finished plaanning yet." He sighed and looked down at the holograph again and zoomed in non different. He closed his eyes and inhaled deeply, trying to decide what to do.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:39 am

Yawning pointedly, Ace plonked lazily down on a boulder, and stared up at Crisco with obvious boredom. "Uh-huh. You go ahead and finish your planning, and let me know when you're done. Until then, I'll be pretending to sleep." Ace stated cheekily, closing his blood-red eyes and leaning back. He wanted to get out and do things!! He had spent years - years in waiting! Now, he just wanted to get out there and blow things up! Why did his master have to deny him these small pleasures...?
Ah well - he supposed it was a good thing that one between the two of them had the sense not to be reckless. It was a good thing Crisco was around to keep him in check...

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:43 am

"Fine." He muttered. He scrolled around the image, examinning their security tactics. A small grin crept up on his face.
"Ace!" He yelled. "Stop 'sleeping' and get your metal butt over here!"
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:56 am

Ace lazily raised one eyelid, and a corner of his mouth pulled upwards in a crooked smile.
"You finally ready?" He asked teasingly, fixing his master with a Cheshire cat grin. "And here I was just starting to enjoy my nap!" He complained jokingly, eagerly bouncing to his feet and hurrying over to his master's side - his expression becoming more serious as he waited to hear what was expected of him.

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:12 pm

"Yep. Finally." Crisco laughed. "Okay, here's the plan. We have to go to what used to be Cairo - which is about 140 miles from here. How can you get us there without teleporting and wasting all your energy?" He asked earnestly, not wanting to drain all of Ace's energy.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:32 pm

Lisa went in her designated stall. She immediately went to a corner where she sat there, legs crossed and just stared at nothing in particular. She wasn't expecting anything to be given to her, and it didn't appear anything would be. She wished she had a book. Actually, Lisa was wishing a lot of things right then.
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:49 am

"Teleporting would probably be easiest..." Ace replied thoughtfully. "At this stage, I'm unsure what other means of transportation I am capable of. I'm not a taxi, after all." He added, somewhat scornfully. "I could teleport us there, then take a moment to find something to replenish my energy stores... I can absorb power from my surroundings, so as long as there's plenty of energy around, I should recover pretty fast. Otherwise I suppose I could fly us there - but it's pretty far, and frankly, I don't feel like it." Ace yawned widely, then turned his questioning gaze to Crisco, awaiting his master's decision.

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:20 am

Trollef sighed and tossed a couple of apples into Lisa's stall and Avani narrowed her eyes in jealousy. All she ever got was scraps! She began to doubt whether or not she should rescue the new girl. No, she had to. She was responsible for bringing her. Silently she pleaded Crisco to come soon.

"Okay." Crisco nodded thoughtfully. "Here's what we'll do then. Teleport us to about a half mile away, we'll walk there after getting your energy beck, we run in, grab the girls, and you teleport us away again. You can tap into my energy supply if you have to wwhen we leave. I know four people and yourself is probably a strech..." He murmured, trailing off quietly.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:08 am

"I approve of your plan, Master." Ace concluded after a moment's thought - a friendly smile coming to his lips. "Well then, let us begin."
And with that, Ace took Crisco's hand, and conjured the enormous burst of energy needed to transport the pair such a distance.
In a bright flash of red light, then vanished - reappearing at the destination Crisco had asked for.
Ace's knees weakened as he suddenly reappeared, but he fought the urge to fall, and stood tall with dignity - his chin raised. Proud as always, he brushed his exhaustion aside and began walking casually forward, rapidly drawing in energy from everything living and electric in the nearby vicinity. Except, of course, for Crisco. He refused to use his master in that way... Not unless he absolutely had to.

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:03 am

Crisco grinned at Ace and prepared for the flash of teleportation. He squeezed his eyes shut as he landed, knees automatically bending to absorb the impact. He started to walk forward, catching up to Ace and going in front of him. "Tell me when your energy is full enough." He said bluntly, watching his surroundings carefully.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:22 pm

Ace nodded silently, redoubling his efforts to quickly replenish his energy. Thankfully, energy was plentiful in this place, and Ace soon found himself with a sufficient amount.
Pleased, he turned to Crisco with a smile and announced his findings. "I'm ready." He declared, an eager grin stretching across his handsome face.
"So, where is this place?" He asked, glancing around quickly. "If we're sneaking in, perhaps some degree of invisibility would be helpful? I think I could manage that..."

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:12 pm

Crisco nodded, all serious now. "That would help, but don't exhaust yourself. Perhaps just a little more translucent?" He suggested. "It's about a half mile from here." He recalled from the map. We'll run in and grab them. When you leave, tap into each of our energy supplies' equally so that we expirience the least amount of energy loss possible..." He trailed off thinking of the most efficient way to get in and out of the old barn.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:43 am

Ace nodded in understanding.
Focusing on Crisco, he analysed his master's body, and attempted to think of the best way to make him less visible.
Finally, he stepped toward Crisco and gently placed a hand on his shoulder - altering the chemical composition of his body until he bore a strong resemblance to the ghosts in old movies. You could see through him, yet he maintained some degree of solidity.

Ace repeated this procedure on himself, except it was far easier for him. He was not human, and he had been built with an invisibility feature. So, with the flip of a mental switch, Ace vanished completely.
He took Crisco's hand in a gentle grip to let his master know where he was, then spoke quietly.
"Enough hesitance, we are ready. Shall we run, Master?"

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:26 am

"Yes, but I warn you Ace, if any of us are injured in there, you will be the one to pay. Especially if it's your own fault." Crisco said, wondering if he should've started enforcing his 'Master' position before. It made him nervous he couldn't see Ace's eyes...
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum