Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

.:Becoming Human:. [V/H]

3 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

.:Becoming Human:. [V/H] - Page 9 Empty Re: .:Becoming Human:. [V/H]

Post  Sniper21 Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:53 am

[It fell off the table <.< fixed now! hooray!]

Raye wasn't fooled; in fact, the act made a bad feeling rise up her back. Wait a minute... Cold dread churned in her stomach. She dropped her voice to a whisper. "It was YOU?"

"Long story short, a pair of idiots ignored the treaty and pissed the wrong people off," Shazza put bluntly. She supposed he was okay. A bit slow, but not a bad guy. "And why would I be gone?"
Sniper21
Sniper21

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:11 pm

[[It had better be >.<]]

"Keep your mouth shut and you'll do just fine." Shae said in a sickly sweet voice, a pleasant smile touching her lips, but not covering the cold hate in her eyes. If this girl tells, she thought to herself,[/i] what will happen to me? She thought of the horrible rumors of the vampires that were devenomed. She shuddered. She could not let that happen.

"Aren't you a vampire?" Donovan asked, wondering why she hadn't guessed his point of view yet. Maybe he really wasn't that street-smart when it came to vampires... He sighed and cocked his head to the side questioningly. "How do you know it was a pair that did it?"
Batcat
Batcat

http://christmas-khaleesi.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sniper21 Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:23 pm

Dread turned to seething anger. "YOU'RE the one that got us into this?" She hissed, incredulous and simultaneously disgusted. SHE was the reason they were probably all going to be carted off to their deaths?!

The truck hit a bump that jostled the frame. Raye sat back and glared at her. I can't believe it. "Never thought they'd do a saliva test, did you?" She said softly. Our parents. Our homes. Our way of life. Flushed down the toilet because of her.

Shazza raised a brow, but figured that if the answer wasn't readily obvious, it would remain unsaid. He'd figure it out. "I pay attention," was all she said.

Sniper21
Sniper21

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:39 pm

Shae's eyes flashed and she made a zipping motion with her fingers across her lips - which obviously said Shut the hell up. "Hm, I didn't. I guess they're really intent to find the killer." She caught herself just in time from saying killers. She didn't want to give away she had an accomplice. Or just in case Alex was caught and she wasn't. "They wanted to die though..." She muttered to herself, staring intently out the window as if the answer to her predicament lay there.

Donovan rolled his eyes. "Why do you always talk in riddles?" He muttered to himself, watching her intently.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sniper21 Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:56 pm

Raye narrowed her eyes, disbelieving. "Why should I believe a single word you say, traitor?" Her gaze clearly told her that she should give her away, and be justified.

"What's going on?" Murmured a vampire beside her. Raye didn't take her eyes off her, but she simply nodded and sat back, as far away as possible from the culprit. The other vampire, a dark-skinned male, looked back and forth between them. His eyes widened on Shae, and he too sat back and stared.

One of the medics patted them both on the shoulder. "Okay, you guys are clean. The parents are here to take everybody home. Go wait outside until you're called."

Shazza shrugged to his question and did as she was told. "Donovan. Act natural." A plan was forming.
Sniper21
Sniper21

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:03 pm

"Not a traitor." Shae murmured. "Just a thristy vampire looking to help a few depressed kids out of their misery." She smiled evily at the other vampire.
"Leave us the hell alone." She muttered to him and looked across the van once again.

"Why wouldn't I?" Donovan muttered, standing up. He brushed the grass off of his legs and turned to Shazza. "You've got some dirt on your butt. Want me to get it off?" He wagged his eyebrows and laughed.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sniper21 Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:08 pm

The other one stared at her a moment longer, then looked at the person next to him, exchanging glances. One by one, every vampire beside them took turns staring at Shae with looks of barely bridled loathing. No one was amused. No one was impressed. And no one trusted her. A heavy, tense silence covered the truck.

Shazza looked at him. Unlike Raye, she wasn't big on friendliness. Her sense of humor was dry, at best, and her flat, natural scowl was a big, nasty STOP sign for most contenders. "Donovan, do you wish to go home?" She asked evenly, with no reaction to the joke.
Sniper21
Sniper21

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:25 pm

Shae rolled her eyes and pretended not to notice. Suddenly the van rolled to a stop. The door swung open and in jumped another vampire. His eyes searched the crowd and finally rested on Shae.
"What the hell have you done now?!" He growled, grabbing her arm. "It was you, wasn't it?!" He was wearing an armband that the guards all wore and carried one of the guns. Shae shrieked as she was dragged away.

"I'm just acting natural." Donovan muttered, sulking. "Of course I do."
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sniper21 Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:49 pm

Shazza rephrased the question. "Do you want to go home, or do something exceptionally crazy?" She put it as obviously and carefully as she could. She wasn't going to let Raye or her friends be taken off the map so easily. "Tell me truthfully." Because you may never see home again.

"Here, here!" Shouted the vampire guarding them angrily. "Where are you taking her? We're not at the drop-point! Who sent you?"
Sniper21
Sniper21

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:24 pm

"Have you no idea who I am?!" The male vampire said, jaw gaping open at the other guard. He dropped Shae's arm, who in turn rubbed it with a sour expression on her face. He continued.
"Who am I, you ask?" He said, incredulous at this vampire's ignorance. "I am the head of the Department of Security of the Treaty! Taylor Smittek!" He yelled.
Shae's heart was racing as fast as her thoughts. She remembered this Taylor firgure, but he probably didn't remember her...
It was a long time ago, maybe five years? Six? She had been walking home from school one day - the very first day of grade six - and a group of sophmores had come to... She didn't even want to think what. But Taylor - who was only in grade eight at the time - came and beat up one guy and watched the others flee. She's never forgotten, and always looked up to him.
He was very charismatic - which was probably how he'd gotten elected in the first place, being so young - and some said it was so strong that it was his power. It probably was, too, but he didn't think so. He didn't think he had a power. He probably didn't remember that interaction, but Shae sure did. It still felt like it was only yesterday.
"And I am here," he continued, "to interview each and every one of these young vampires." He grabbed Shae's arm again and continued to drag her around the side of the truck.

Donovan arched an eyebrow at her. "I take it you have a plan involving your girlfriend?"
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sniper21 Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:39 pm

"Okay, Mister Treaty-Protector," the other shot back, un-cowed, "interview her HERE. NO ONE leaves this truck without the go-ahead. If you need privacy -" He nodded to another guard, who got up to follow " - take her and another guard with you and stay within the parameter. Wait until she has on the cuffs and safety-braces first. You KNOW this procedure!"

Shazza inclined her head, ignoring the girlfriend comment. "Just the one chance. The trucks aren't all gone yet." And she needed to know if he was with her on this. "If not, go home and don't breathe a word of this to anyone."
Sniper21
Sniper21

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:47 pm

Taylor snarled. "I appreciate you respecting your orders, but I have the authority to do whatever I please around here!" He pulled a badge out of the pocket on his shirt and shoved it in the guard's face. He Crossed his arms and waited for the guard's next argument.

"I'm in." Donovan nodded. "I also need to find Shae, even though I'll probably regret it..." He sighed and looked out over a small hill. "Lead the way, Miss. Brilliant."
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sniper21 Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:10 am

The guard snarled back, "NONE of us have that authority thanks to someone busting that treaty! The human government is now in control of this operation! FOLLOW PROCEDURES or go back to your Country Club, sir!" Suspicion was rising with him. Was this really the time to fight each other?

A thin tick had started in her jaw. She could tell this one was going to be hard to get used to. Not impossible, but... The final trucks stood on the hill, already running and ready to get moving. A setup group were tagging other vampires with ink and piercings. Shazza motioned to him to get into line. "Now try to act like a vampire," she murmurred, inwardly curious at how he might interpret that.
Sniper21
Sniper21

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:19 am

"As in, 'I vant to suck vour blood?'" Donovan whispered, eyes wide. He stopped joking though, and immedeatly assumed the still posture most of the vampires he saw had. They all had brooding, dark looks on their features, and so he copied that too, until it really looked as though he was an irritated vampire, angry at the whole situation.

"He has authority to do as he pleases." Another voice called from behind the truck. Its owner stepped out: a long-haired blonde male that was human. Surrounded by all of these vampires, and possibly the rogue one, he didn't look the slightest bit afraid. "He has special orders from the human government to begin interrogating the passengers on this truck.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9