Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Witch and the Wolf

2 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The Witch and the Wolf Empty The Witch and the Wolf

Post  Batcat Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:10 pm

In the Beginning
What would you have done if your son was dying? Would you have left him like that, or would you have tried to save him, even if it doomed him to a terrible fate? I chose the second option when my newborn son Tyler was born in a coma. The only way to save his life was to join him to a wolf and have the two beings changeg and shift between each other. Join him to a monster, to a killing machine. Some accuse me of witchery. Their accusations are true. I am the Witch. My son is the Wolf. We are the subjects of the Prophecy, the one that states either the death of civilization or the birth of a newer, more perfect world.

The Chase
Is it proper for us to be running away from people who want to kill us because they are afraid? I think it would be, had we been ruthless killers or something of that manner. But is it proper for them to be chasing ordinary civilians who have extra talents, because they are afraid of those talents? The same gifts that could turn them into bubbly green slime? So we are being chased now, by armed soldiers, daring only to move through the city at night. When we encounter you, will you be our friend, or will you turn us in?

The Plot
Krystine and her son Tyler are being chased in England in the late 1700’s accused of witchcraft. Will you help them or turn them in?

Needed: Tyler (13 years old)

Me:
Krystine Faith Greenwich
Krys
28 years of age
Female
Jet black hair, light green cat eyes, tired circles under eyes, 5’1 tall, slender
Witch, can conjure almost any potion for almost anything, practices alchemy, the science of magic
Batcat
Batcat

http://christmas-khaleesi.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

The Witch and the Wolf Empty Re: The Witch and the Wolf

Post  Sniper21 Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:14 pm

[I can be Tyler. Do you have a set desc. for him already or can I make one up?]
Sniper21
Sniper21

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:44 pm

*dances around* Nope. You can do whatever you want. You can change his name too if you want P:
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sniper21 Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:51 pm

[Okie-dokie. Will this work? And whoa, she had him at 15???]

Tyler Warrick Greenwich

G: M

Desc: tall for thirteen at 5'3; black hair, like his mother, but streaked with premature lines of gray from the combination. Has to constantly cut his nails, and sometimes takes to just wearing gloves. Very grey eyes, and inclined to roam at night.

Half-wolf: unlike true werewolves, he won't change on the full moon nights unless he's bathed in direct moonlight and looking right at it. But he does get crazy mood swings and random bursts of strength, and proceed on food-rampages*. (Lock your fridge!)

Transformation: wears a thin, sorceric iron chain for this, in the case of losing his mind. He will only recognize his mother's voice.

*Metabolism is the bane of all werewolves; they have to eat almost constantly to sustain moon-driven energy (which is why they only come out once a month. The better it eats, the better the next transformation goes). Tyler won't die, thanks to the cleverness of his mom's magic, but those munchies can get pretty aggravating.

Sniper21
Sniper21

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:49 am

[Wait if 5'3 is tall, does that mean I'm normal at 4'11 and a half? And yes, yes she did. Poor Krystine...]

"Tyler!" Krystine snapped in their small, underground room. It was dark, filthy, and her sensitive nose could pick up faint traces of mold. She heard a small rat nibbling on something in the corner, so she turner around and a bolt of something that even Krystine didn't know shot out of of her hand and fried the animal alive. The Witch smiled and walked over to the very-dead animal. "Rat stew?" She asked to her ever-hungery son, It was a good thing she could change stuff into food through alchemy. The process was easy to uderstand, but it was draining rearranging atoms and changing their structure all the time...
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sniper21 Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:32 am

[Dunno. I was 4'11 in first grade :/]

His nose hurt. Too many smells down here, they gave him a headache.

Tyler was busy listening to the pipes. These were old, metal ones, dripping steadily; his hearing amplified it, and he sat in intense concentration to the cushioned plip...plip......plip... of rust-infused water and oxidizing grain. He could hear the concussive ripple of every impact, the reverb of the pipe itself - an orchestra of tension barely audible to the human ear.

"Tyler!" He jumped, concentration broken, and glanced at her quizzically. But then the smell of roasted rat came floating his way, and, so close to the Full Moon, it smelled delicious. He crawled down from his perch upon the low work-table at the far wall and looked at her and the rat in her hand expectantly...though with a hint of mischief. Grrrrrmmmble.
Sniper21
Sniper21

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:19 pm

[*sniff* Don't make fun of me Sad]

Krystine laughed. "I'll take that as a yes..." She murmured, walking briskly over to the large black pot she kept just to spite the soldiers. It was the cauldron witches used in all the fairy tales, and she hummed as she stirred the rat into the liquid with the large mixing spoon. Using some of her energy, she took some of the mold atomic compounds andrearranged them into a tastier, more delicous loaf of bread mixed with the bits of rat. "Here you go." She chucked the food at her son.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sniper21 Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:57 pm

[For serious. o_o; <--6'2 now and rising.]

Plan thwarted. He WAS going to just snatch it up before she could cook it, but didn't matter to him - Tyler practically unhinged his jaw and snapped it down in the blink of an eye. The Wolf was ravenous within him, and when it was all gone, he wished he could taste and lick the air to get whatever molecules were left.

After a moment, he stalked over to the boiler, the area with the most heat, and lay down in front of it. "Mother, why do we live in a hole?" He asked softly, peering at his nails - clear, long, and hardening into steel. He'd have to cut them again...
Sniper21
Sniper21

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:32 pm

"Because," She began again, for the hundreth time, "some stupid people in the world - who I will not mention - are afraid of you and me, and think we will kill them. So they are trying to kill us, and we are in hiding. Etc., etc." She made wild motions with her hands. "Gosh darn you, Cirsus." She muttered.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sniper21 Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:40 pm

Tyler cocked his head at the name, but didn't say anymore, not wishing to upset her. Living underground like this...the wild blood still surged when the moon commanded, even beneath the earth like this. It wanted to be free, to taste the fresh air and examine more colors than the dull ones and grayscale he saw every day in this moldy basement.

"I'm not afraid," he murmured. I want to see the sky. Like he had, a long time ago, before he could remember. Tyler discretely reached under the cardboard fold-outs that made the hearth for the boiler he lay upon to extract something small and expensive and definitely not his. It flashed if he pushed a button, but that wasn't the purpose of why he'd stolen it.

But unfortunately, the half-wolf wasn't any good at discretion.
Sniper21
Sniper21

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:43 pm

[No need to brag about you're height. At least you are still growing. Pfft.]

Krystine saighed. "I'm not in the mood, Tyler. Put your fancy new toy away and go to bed." She crossed her arms and pushed a gray strand of hair out of her eyes wearily. This had taken a lot out of her. Raising a teenage half-wolf. If normal boys were hard, this was all-out hell.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sniper21 Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:51 pm

[I drink milk and eat meat. Therefore, I get bigger Smile And I'm not bragging - I'm the shortest in the family!]

He thought about it, then held it out to her. "But there are pictures on it, from Outside. See?" His mother's impatience with him stung, though he was determined not to show it. He knew that she didn't want to live here, any more than ANYONE would, and did a lot to make sure they stayed alive. She didn't mean to yell.

But the wolf in him persisted that this wasn't living. "See them?"
Sniper21
Sniper21

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:55 pm

"Fine." Krystine surrendered. "If I look at them, will you go to bed?" She offered in exasperation, taking the device away from her son. He started pressing buttons, scanning the photos of the world she was driven from.

[I still have no idea what this device is. Oh, and now you're bragging about your family?! Pfft. I am offended.]
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sniper21 Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:09 pm

[It's just a digi cam. I'm not bragging : O Not my fault you don't eat the right stuff!]

He nodded. I'll try.

There were only five pictures: three of them were shots of the city, and two were of the presumed owners of the camera. But of the three were the startling blue sky, the flashing steel of cars and stores, and crowds of the things Tyler wanted to meet the most: people. Just people. Any people. Someone else to talk to.

Sniper21
Sniper21

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:13 pm

[Du hast misch... grr I'm German and I eat the right foods.]

Tears welled up in Krystine's eyes. This was her world, the one that had been taken away from her so unfairly. She swore out loud and looked at her soon. "Sorry. When are you due to change?" She asked sharply before turning to her cauldron. She swept the bottles off the shelves methodically, pouring in certain amounts of each.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sniper21 Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:22 pm

[O_o Uh-huh. Like MEAT? Isst du? xD]

His gut twisted guiltily. She's upset again. Tyler curled up where he lay, chin on his folded arms. "Three days. I'm waking earlier."
Sniper21
Sniper21

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:25 pm

[Pfft. Who needs meat? Certainly not me. Ich mag dich nicht mehr.]

"Earlier than three days or in three days?" She asked to clarify. "Because we're making a run for it. It's about time we've gotten out of this rathole..." She starting mizing the pot again and smiled at her son. "I have a sister in the countryside who will take care of us for one night, then we are on our own again."
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sniper21 Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:41 pm

[GROSSE Menschen brauchen Fleisch! Nicht meine Schuld, dass sie sind drei kase hoch x3]

"Er, in three days," Tyler stammered, taken by surprise. They were getting out? "Where will we go after that?" Changing wouldn't be too much of a problem, so long as he kept the chain on and didn't stare directly at any moonlight (nor stayed in a patch of it for too long). And what air he could gather from the ventilation was tinged with moisture. Hopefully it would rain, and block the infernal Celestial sphere.

Sniper21
Sniper21

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:47 pm

[Nun, ich weiß nicht, weil ich einfach genial, dass ich. Verdammt noch mal, ich habe nicht glaube, Sie können lesen, dass ... Px]

"I don't know." Krystine murmured. "I didn't think about that..." She sighed. "It'll be okay though. You'll see." She smiled weakly and went back to brewing up an herbal tea to cure the headache paining her that always came after practicing alchemy.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sniper21 Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:00 pm

[-__O Bist du uberraschen, Frau "Einfach Genial"? lmao ^^]

Tyler sat up and watched her, and after a moment, wandered over and hugged her close, shutting his eyes tight. It was all he could think of, as there was nothing that could be said to help. It didn't matter where they went or what happened, he'd watch out for her. Nothing and no one would harm her on this journey.

Sniper21
Sniper21

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:04 pm

[*mutters irritably* Can't figure that one out. Something with brilliant...]

This caught Krystine by surprise, but she smiled and hugged him back. He was taller than her now, and that made her realize just how mature he was getting. "I love you, kiddo." She whispered to him softly.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sniper21 Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:13 pm

[You said you were brilliant, so I called you Miss Brilliant. Smile *gives you a cupcake to make up for irritating you* It has meat in it. To make you taller ^^]

"I love you, mum." He could feel her sadness, this close; it was a gaping emptiness ringed by frayed ends. Every day was a battle, through her hug. "I won't let anything happen to you." His voice had taken on an edge of steel. He couldn't tell if it were the human or the beast in him making that vow; both roiled at the thought of danger befalling her.

And both sides were excited at the thought of an adventure. "As long as we're together, we'll always be okay, right?" He smiled suddenly, gray eyes hopeful.
Sniper21
Sniper21

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:16 pm

[I am Miss Brilliant, just saying. I has an A in every single subject. *nods proudly and checks grades quickly* Now I really gotta og, I'll reply tomorrow Px]
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sniper21 Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:11 am

[*piddles oO *]
Sniper21
Sniper21

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:19 pm

Krystine smiled at her son and said firmly, "I'm afraid that's my job, kid. And yes, it'll be alright." She trailed off, her mind shouting the one word she couldn't say out loud. Hopefully. She sighed. "Okay, then. Get a couple hours of sleep. We're leaving in five hours." She spun around and busied herself with making preparations so he wouldn't see the thin trail of tears.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next