Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Witch and the Wolf

2 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The Witch and the Wolf - Page 2 Empty Re: The Witch and the Wolf

Post  Sniper21 Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:30 pm

Tyler didn't see them, but he could smell their salt, but to credit pretended that he hadn't noticed. His mother was the strongest person he knew; to see her cry, or even think of her crying, made his insides roil with rage at their helplessness. There wasn't much he could do for her, and it made him angry to know it.

He curled up by the boiler again and closed his eyes, willing the beast to settle. It was hard to make a nocturnal thing sleep during its waking hours. But soon enough, the inner battle proved exhausting anyway, and he was out.
Sniper21
Sniper21

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:34 pm

[Time skipping]

"WAKE UP!" Krystine screamed in Tyler's ear. "Get up, you lazy bum." She kicked him lightly, then went back to preparing their few belongings quietly. She was wearing a splendid purple velvet gown, with a black silk cloak. He hair was pulled back into a tight bun, and she wore a light blue scarf on her head.
Batcat
Batcat

http://christmas-khaleesi.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sniper21 Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:45 pm

Tyler grumbled irately and turned over, burrowing in vain into the carboard boxes. "You can't make me" was the only discernable mumble, though it was a futile battle. He managed to open an eye and cast it over her attire, though. "For not wanting to draw attention, you sure dress like someone going to a convention," he deadpanned, for the sake of messing with her, then yawned widely. He had no sympathy this morning.
Sniper21
Sniper21

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:48 pm

Krystine snorted. "I'll turn you into a frog again if you don't get up now. And who said I didn't want to draw attention?" She countered. "Get up, we're leaving. Now."
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sniper21 Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:58 pm

He groaned and crawled out, stretched, then changed into something not so extravagant - a long-sleeved shirt and jeans. tick-tick-tick-tick-DING! Self-timer had rung. Tyler was awake and interfacing. "You draw attention anyway. Other guys' heads turn when they see you," he teased, and leap-frogged over the table to get his camera and gloves and appear by her side, grinning brightly. "Do I have to wear a hat today?" The gray streaks might be asked about.
Sniper21
Sniper21

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:04 pm

"Yes." She handed him a fedora, the one Al Capone would wear in many years to come, and conjured a black woolen cloak out of the air. She wrapped it around herself and grabbed her suitcase, heading for the stairwell.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sniper21 Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:23 pm

Tyler's eye twitched. A fedora? Really? He closed his eyes and took a deep breath, willing patience and that one day his mother would one day allow him a simple, normal pleasure - like a regular game cap. The Half-wolf stuffed it on his head and followed behind, inwardly seething.

[I forgot to ask, but what time period is this?]
Sniper21
Sniper21

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:25 pm

[15th or 16th century, I forget xD]

Krystine marched forward. "Wipe that frown off your face or I will for you." She threatened and began climbing the steep stairs two at a time, until she reached ground level. She took a deep breath of England air, happy to be outside again.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sniper21 Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:33 pm

[Ooooh then the digi-cam was...whoops]

Tyler blinked rapidly as his eyes adjusted to the morning light. The air was still dirty, but so refreshing and clean compared to the used, stuffy air of the cellar. Overjoyed, he couldn't help but do a little roundabout, taking in the sights and smells.

Smells, smells, good gried, they were everywhere - food smells, working smells, sounds of hammers and metal and conversation and -

"Mum, look!" There was a vendor across the street with her wagon, selling piping warm pancakes and sweet syrup alongside. Tyler's mouth watered. Food...real FOOD...
Sniper21
Sniper21

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:37 pm

[*facepalm* Blonde moment....]

Krystine smiled warmly and approached the vendor. In her pocket, she conjured a bag of gold coins. "How much for your stand and everything on it?" She asked, a hint of a smile on her face.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sniper21 Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:44 pm

[Hmph. You could have mentioned it <.<]

The older woman blinked in surprise. "I'm afraid I can'nae sell you mah whole stall, madame, as it is the only business I got," she said, wiping her hands of flour on a towel, "but it's tuppence a pancake, and the syrup is free. I makes it meself. Honey and fruit and cream is a penny extra." The matronly lady stared at them with wide, friendly eyes. "Ye have a long journey ahead, I take it?"

Tyler was practically bouncing in place as she began preparing more.
Sniper21
Sniper21

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:48 pm

[Pah. What am I, Miss Brilliant or something?]

Krystine smiled and mimicked the woman's accent. "I see. What if I gave yeh this bag o' gold right here." She held up the silk bag "And yeh give me all yer food. It's a deal, I promise yeh."
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sniper21 Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:01 pm

[Lady Dork, perhaps Razz]

The good woman grasped her chest. "Good heavens! I can only give you sixty pancakes, maximum, for that price before I run out of materials," she exclaimed, hardly daring to believe her luck. "An' that's with anythin' ye want on it! Does that sound all right to ye and your brother, there?" She winked at Tyler, who brightened and looked at his mother enthusiastically.
Sniper21
Sniper21

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:05 pm

[Pfft. You can be Sir Butt-Kiss.]

"Perfectly fine." Krystine smiled. She sighed at having Tyler referred to as her brother. "Come on over here, Tyler." She called. "You can have five now and we'll save the rest for later." She said, more to the vendor than to her son. He brought a large bag from her pocket and began stuffing some of the pancakes in.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sniper21 Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:22 pm

[Meh! :o Least I ain't vertically challenged >.> hmph.]

"Sylvie, Laurie, get to work! We've got a big order to fill!"

The kindly vendor presented her own special plates stacked with the proferred pancakes, and smiled at Tyler's ever-growing eyes as she added the butter and syrup to the steaming mountain of home-made goodness. "There ye are, love. Are you sure ye can manage all o' that yourself, mistress?" She asked of Krystine. "Ye'll break your back..."

"Mmmm...don't you want any, mama?" Said Tyler around a mouthful. "They're wonderful!"
Sniper21
Sniper21

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:26 pm

Krystine laughed. "I can handle it. And no, thank you Tler. Maybe later." She watched him dig into the food witha small smile on her face. If this vendor didn't recognize her, maybe no one would. Maybe they'd been underground long enough to where the medieval press would have moved on to something else new. But no. She saw a poster of her face on a bench with the word WANTED scrawled across it in red.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sniper21 Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:32 pm

This particular woman hadn't noticed, so busy with the pancakes was she, but the final one hadn't been freshly loaded when a passing woman dropped a bun from her basket. Tyler, just finishing the last pancake with delight, felt it no matter to pick it up for her - and said woman took one look at him and the lady with him and screamed. "WITCH! DEMON! HEATHENS! They are among us!"
Sniper21
Sniper21

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:36 pm

"Begone with you!" Krystine snarled at the lady. Immedeatly, she snatched up the pancakes and murmured her thanks to the vendor. "Run, Tyler!" She screamed and changed into a large black crow. The Irish goddess Morrigan was looking kindly upon her today. Sometimes the Crow Goddess refused to let her turn into a crow. Krystine murmured a prayer of thanks as she pulled at Tyler's hair with her talons and screeched.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sniper21 Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:46 pm

Tyler needed no second telling. He waved gratefully to the astounded vendor and leaped clear over a passing cart, making the horse rear and drop a powder in surprise; he ducked and weaved in and out of the thick throngs of alerted pedestrians, to where he couldn't imagine. Follow mother.

A team of armored guards marched quickly to catch up. "Stop, by Order of the Church! Stop, I say!"
Sniper21
Sniper21

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:48 pm

Krystine swooped down and slashed a guard's face. "Begone with you!" She screamed again and followed her son. "Keep running, kid." She yelled and soared past him. "I'll tell you where to stop."

[Hrmph. Not that short...]
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sniper21 Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:53 pm

He ran, ducking angrily-thrown vegetables and other nasty projectiles, trusting that she'd be all right -

A guard snagged the back of his shirt, and he fell to the cobblestones, the breath knocked out of him. The fedora rolled away. Tyler kicked and yelled as said guard hauled him up and began dragging him off. No! Watch out, mother! It was all he could do to suppress the wolf, but it was waking...

The other guard, swatting wildly to protect his face, swung a powerful right in the air, hoping to catch the offending bird and knock her flying.
Sniper21
Sniper21

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:02 pm

Krystine, thoroughly enraged now, dodged the blow and squaked at her son, "Awaken, O Wolf of the Mighty Zoral, who has been joined to the boy Tyler Greenwhich! Rise, now!"
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sniper21 Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:11 pm

A fist clenched the Half-wolf's heart, shortening his breath at first, and then expanding in great gusts. The sorcerous chain crawled eerily around his neck, he could feel it - and then his senses opened.

A primeval growl erupted from his throat, and he raised the guard over his head, and flung him into the nearest wall. People screamed in alarm and scattered. As much as this freedom was wonderful, Tyler moved as fast as he could, fighting to keep his mind focused - escape. Just escape. The talons burst from the gloves and itched to crush the armor, and sink into the warm bellies of the pursuing men, and retract with their guts in his hands.

Gray fur covered the tops of his arms and hands like a wiry armor-plating, and his palms padded out; Tyler ran on all-fours, a streak of silver, and slid into the nearest alley, scaling the wall in hyper speed. He was gone before anyone realized where.

[gotta go for a bit, be back soon!]
Sniper21
Sniper21

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:13 pm

Krystine breathed a sigh of relief at his control and followed him quickly. She flew above him and had to work to keep his form beside her. She sqawked and yelled at him to "slow down before the devil feels you've created a new hell with the fire uner your paws!"
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sniper21 Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:00 pm

He did, gradually, pushing back the beast. Transforming was easier, so close to the moon-date, but it was also harder; the transition was forced onto his mostly-human body. Tyler eventually came to a stop and sat back, chest heaving. This shirt was a Spanish make - it would not rip so easily every time his rib cage expanded, but the fabric had torn a little when the guard's gauntlet had caught him.

He could hear her, comprehend her, but all the wolf could think, was, Squawking crow. Annoying. The lethal claws now itched to bat the bird out of the sky.

Calm. Control. It's mother.

The fur on the back of his neck sat down, and he attempted to speak around the over-sized fangs filling up his mouth. "Where...are we?"
Sniper21
Sniper21

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next