Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

.:T H I R S T:. (H U M A N - N E E D E D)

2 posters

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

.:T H I R S T:.  (H U M A N - N E E D E D) Empty .:T H I R S T:. (H U M A N - N E E D E D)

Post  Rorah Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:07 am

9th December 1879

It was a cold December night, as a young woman walked down the street after a late night celebration. Her shoes crunched through the freshly fallen snow, her pale lilac dress trailing along behind her. Breath turned into mist before her eyes as she hurried to get home. The Victorian street was deserted, only the occasional flicker of a street lamp flame lit up the icy path ahead. Slowly, snow began to fall from the heavens.

Someone on the other side of the street called her name. The young woman's head turned towards them. It was a group of gentlemen smoking, how she had not noticed them as she passed them she did not know. One of their faces was familiar to her.
'Albert, you should know better not to stay out in the snow, I fear you will catch a terrible cold.' She scalded him, her posh English accent carrying easily across the empty road. She continued to look at him, wrapping her small coat around her tighter. The boy laughed.
'You worry too much m'lady. Come over here.' His accent was heavy American, despite his rather English surroundings. She obeyed him reluctantly, glancing towards her destination, which was only a few streets away. As she approached him, she noticed many of the other gentlemen surrounding him. They looked far too intimidating for her liking.
'Albert I really must go.' She turned to leave, but someone had grabbed her arm. She turned to look at him. 'Let go of me!' She tried to pull away, but the man's grip was too strong for her. She winced in pain. 'Albert, you're hurting me!' They laughed. He pulled her roughly towards her and kissed her fully on the lips. She broke away, disgusted. Her gloved hand flew to her mouth to wipe it, but when she withdrew it and looked at her glove, it was covered in her own, scarlet blood.

They started to walk towards the young woman, evil smirks strewn across their pale faces. 'Albert, don't, you're drunk!' She struggled for words. 'Please, let me go back!' As quick as a flash they surrounded her, and the woman fearfully looked up into his pools of expressionless, black eyes.

.:131 Years Later:.

20th June 2010

A shrill alarm forced Sierra Noble to open her eyes. Wearily she attacked the clock untill the thing had shut up, and when it had, she rolled out of bed. Splashing her face wih water in the bathroom, she looked into the mirror. A pretty, 5"2, golden eyed, blonde, 18 year old looked back at her. Shaking her head, she walked back into her room and got dressed. Pulling on some skinny jeanes, a blue tank top underneath a grey hoodie and some blue converse, she headed downstairs into the silent house. she brushed her hair and grabbed her schoolbag, heading out the door. It was her first day in a new school, so she hoped she made a few friends while it lasted.
Rorah
Rorah

http://simonpgg.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

.:T H I R S T:.  (H U M A N - N E E D E D) Empty Re: .:T H I R S T:. (H U M A N - N E E D E D)

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:47 pm

My character:

Name: Laiko
Appearance (undetailed): A little over 1,7m tall, he is pretty much average size. His weight is also average, neither thin nor chubby, though he is reasonably muscular. His hair is a dark, golden blonde with natural dark highlights and his skin has a slight brownish tinge, as though he had once had a pale complextion, but it had been tanned out of him. His eyes are a dark forest green with a yellowish tinge, and with some flecks of lighter shades, yet their colour seems to change slightly from day to day.
Polo trapped in an inkpot

Location : With the beast under your bed, in your closet, in your head...

Back to top Go down

.:T H I R S T:.  (H U M A N - N E E D E D) Empty Re: .:T H I R S T:. (H U M A N - N E E D E D)

Post  Rorah Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:26 pm

Sierra walked down the street, hitching her schoolbag onto her shoulder and fiddling with her keys in one hand. She approached school confidently, striding in through the gates. A few heads turned to look at me, but many just ignored me and carried on with their conversations, which I had no trouble hearing, despite the fact they were halfway across the parking lot.
Rorah
Rorah

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:04 pm

Laiko burst out into loud, raucous laughter as one of his friends said something extremely amusing. He glanced over his shoulder and quickly took in his surroundings, wondering what the other students were doing, then he turned back to his friends. He kept a grin pasted on his face as he nodded and threw in the odd comment here and there, pretending to be fully interested and involved in their sporty conversation, though in all honesty he no longer had any idea what sport they were talking about. Suddenly, something outside of the conversation caught his attention. A girl he did not recognise was crossing the parking lot. She seemed a little older than him, though a fair deal shorter. She seemed rather pretty, and this thought concerned him slightly. He always found it awkward when pretty girls walked past whenever he was with this particular group of friends... He did not like the way they acted toward them, and he simply despised joining in, as it simply wasn't him, yet he did not dare to rebel... A slight shudder ran through him, and he gratefully turned his attention back to he conversation when he heard his name being called. His friends were arguing again... "No! No, he was rubbish! Didn't you see when he-" Began a tall, black-haired boy, gesturing wildly with his large hands, "Don't be a fool." His other friend replied, this one slightly shorter than himself with a permanently calm, bored expression on his face. "Don't you remember when he won-" He, too was cut off as a third boy raised his voice to interrupt the argument, his dark hazel eyes fixed on Laiko. "What do you think, Laiko?" He asked loudly, his authoritative tone immediately hushing the rest of the group, and dragging all their attention to him. It was only with a supreme effort that Laiko managed to maintain his unconcerned, casual expression. Damn! What were they talking about...? If they knew he hadn't been listening... "Well, he did do really well in that thing a few years ago..." Lakio replied thoughtfully, frowning and scratching his head as though in contemplation, and relying on his friends' stupidity to get him out of the situation. Thankfully, it worked. Instantly, the argument resurfaced, circling back onto the same old track, with the hazel-eyed boy shaking his head in incredulous exasperation. "Hey, guys, we're going to be late. I'll see you all in class - just have to drop my books off." Lakio explained quickly, glancing at an imaginary watch before gesturing to leave. His friend all nodded amiably and wandered off, still arguing in cheerful companionship. Laiko heaved a sigh of relief as he watched them go, smiling slightly and shaking his head in fond incredulity. Shrugging slightly, he turned and walked over the grounds toward the girl he had seen earlier. She was drawing nearer to him by now, and it did not take him long to reach her side. Thankfully, there were not many people nearby who he knew personally... It was always tricky when he was trying to please everybody... He could never truly be himself. Laiko shook off the unpleasant thoughts and let his face slip into a charming smile, raising his hand in greeting as he fell into step beside the girl. "Hi there." He greeted her in a pleasant tone, his bright eyes dancing in friendly eagerness at meeting somebody new and different. "Are you new here? I don't think I've seen you around before." He inquired, his tone still light and pleasant, and his body language relaxed and nonthreatening. He walked beside her, yet left a fair distance between them, since he was still unsure as to what her boundaries were. He never liked to rub anybody the wrong way if he could help it...

Back to top Go down

Post  Rorah Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:19 pm

((*shields self* Noooo Polo! No long posts! It's too late in the day!! *plonks bum on chair contentedly* Rorahkins shall stick to her usual rubbishy ones ^^ Gah, I just realised I changed person halfway through my last post O.O))

I turned to look at the new arrival, surprised that anyone would come to approach me this early in the day. 'Hi.' I returned his greeting with a smile. For a second I had a thought about extending my hand to shake his, but thought again.
Rorah
Rorah

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:34 pm

((Hehe! Sorry - Polo has been trying to improve. Wink Plus, the more I type when developing a character the better... I'll probably get lazy soon enough! Very Happy ))

Laiko returned her smile, his face breaking into a cheery grin at her greeting. The friendly expression stretched right to his deep eyes, framed by shining locks of dark blonde hair that fell haphazardly about his forehead. His windswept hair was never orderly, yet there was something about the way it fell casually about his face that suited him, as though it reflected his apparently easygoing nature. Laiko was suddenly distracted as he heard somebody calling his name. He turned his head and waved at the caller, a girl of around 15, who shrieked and spun around, bouncing excitedly up an down as she clutched hands with her friends, who all joined the bouncing, then began squealing in high pitched tones. A few of them threw him what they apparently thought were subtle, casual glances, then they all gathered close together and spoke in loud whispers, giggling uncontrollably every few seconds. Laiko frowned at them in vague confused concern. He had never understood the antics of the younger girls... They befuddled him completely. Shrugging, he turned back to his companion and let an easy smile replace his frown again. "I'm Laiko." He said suddenly, introducing himself. "Would you tell me your name?" He inquired politely, a note of respect in his casual tone. This was clearly not the sort of person who would want to be treated like a kid, or associate with kids. Everything about her radiated a sense of maturity and dignity, as though she carried with her the wisdom of the world, and expected to be treated as such. "If you don't mind my asking, where did you come from? And why did you decide to join here? I'd guess it's your final year, or close to it... It seems a strange time to transfer, excuse my curiosity..." He went on conversationally, his bright green eyes showing a sincere innocence as he went on in a respectful, curious tone.

Back to top Go down

Post  Rorah Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:45 pm

Sierra watched the girls for a moment, before her attention turned back to 'Laiko', he called himself. 'Oh, I'm Sierra.' I told him. I fidgeted a little when he asked where I came from. 'Well, I come from England...I moved here...not so long ago.' I suppose I could tell a lie to fill in the blank spaces of my life. 'I just decided to transfer cause....' I shook my head, at loss of a reason. I couldn't exactly say I had already graduated at my last school, could I? No, that wouldn't be normal. 'Cause I couldn't technically finish at my last school. For some reason.'
Rorah
Rorah

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:53 pm

"Pleased to meet you, Sierra." Laiko replied calmly, ignoring her apparent unease. "Wow, England! What was it like there?" He asked conversationally, tactfully ignoring the topics that she seemed reluctant or nervous to discuss. He always found it fascinating to hear about people's backgrounds... Perhaps because it helped him understand them better. Maybe if he had been able to study his own background better, he would have a more solid personality, instead of the constantly changing one that seemed to rule him now... In fact, it seemed that he understood most people, except of course for himself. Laiko waved at a few more students here and there as they called out his name, yet he did not vocally reply to any of them, giving Sierra his full attention. She was an interesting person, and he was rather enjoying speaking with her. It was exhilarating to converse with somebody so different to himself, and from such an entirely different background.

Back to top Go down

Post  Rorah Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:00 pm

'Uhh...Well I suppose it rains a lot. For a start.' I chuckled. 'There aren't many hot days a year.' I sighed. 'Listen to me, talking about the weather!'
Rorah
Rorah

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:12 pm

"No, no! Weather is good." Laiko assured her, laughing softly, "I rather enjoy the rain." He added pointlessly, shrugging slightly. "By the way, do you know where to go for your first class? This place can be quit a maze at first, so if you'd like me to show you the way, I'd be glad to do so." He offered with a pleasant smile, his expression making it clear that he was honstly keen to help. "Besides", he added presently, "I need to get fitter anyway, so a little running around will probably do me good!" A wide grin split his face as he thought of how his many coaches were always moaning about his fitness. Though truth be told, sport was not his passion. That was why he never worked hard, not in any sport. In fact, he had only joined any of them because some or other friend had asked him to... It kept him frightfully busy, yet he did not often regret it. It was just as well he was forced to get some exercise... Else he might never have done it of his own accord. Then again, what did he know? Left to his own devices, who knew what he might do?

Back to top Go down

Post  Rorah Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:15 pm

'I guess so. Photography is my first lesson.' I told him without looking at my timetable. 'Then I have Maths, then a double period of Business Studies, but I already know where that is.' I chuckled.
Rorah
Rorah

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:30 pm

"Photography... That should be in the dark room on the second floor..." Lakio replied thoughtfully, frowning as he tried to remember. "I should be joining you for Maths, so I'll meet you outside the photography class and show you the way there as well. Good thing you know where Business Studies is, because I haven't a clue!" He admitted with a chuckle. Laiko suddenly noticed the tall double doors looming before them, and he pushed them open before stepping to the side to let Sierra step through first. Unfortunately, it seemed his group of friends from before had returned and they had noticed what, to most, would be a simple, polite gesture. The tall, dark haired boy stuck his fingers into his mouth and gave a loud wolf whistle, while the others applauded mockingly and jeered loudly at him. For a moment, Laiko felt his permanently pleasant and patient expression flicker to annoyance, but then the moment passed, and he accepted his friend's antics and simply forced a shockingly realistic laugh. "Laiko and the new girl...~" Called the tall boy in a sing-song, teasing voice. "Small things amuse small minds." Laiko shouted in response, an apparently sincere grin stretched across his face as he winked and waved at his friends, who were now roaring with laughter at the tall boy's confused expression as he attempted to work out Laiko's comment. "Sorry about them..." He mumbled, turning back to Sierra and giving an awkward chuckle. He shrugged vaguely, a defeated smile crossing his face, his expression implying that tere was nothing he could do about his friends anyhow. Yet he was still rather eager to let the subject drop, so he simply stood his ground and waited for her to pass, hoping that his friends would not insist on following him. They could be such a troublesome crowd at times...So tactless...

Back to top Go down

Post  Rorah Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:36 pm

I laughed, before stepping through the door. 'So, you like sport, huh?' I asked, before I could stop myself. 'I mean, do you like sport? Watched any games?' Damn it Sierra. I swear awesome hearing can have it's disadvantages.
Rorah
Rorah

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:44 pm

"Huh?" Laiko asked distractedly, frowning in confusion for a moment before jerking his attention back to the present. He stepped into the school and let the doors shut behind him. "Oh, I suppose so..." He replied, somewhat unenthusiastically. "To be honest, I'm not a big fan, but I guess it can be interesting at times..." Laiko shrugged, a slightly sheepish smile on his ever-smiling face. "What about you? Play anything? Support anything?" He asked conversationally, his dark green eyes sweeping the crowds to find the staircase he sought. Of course, he would be late for class after this, but his teachers were usually forgiving toward him, for the most part. Suddenly, he saw the stairs and made a beeline through the tide of students toward them. He paused at the bottom, waiting for Sierra with his usual, casually friendly expression on his face, his hair spilling over his forehead in an untidy fringe that now obscured his eyes. He tossed it out of his face, then glanced at Sierra again, this time actually finding himself able to see her.

Back to top Go down

Post  Rorah Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:54 pm

I followed him, listening to his answer. 'I don't think so, I've never been a big fan of sport either. Used to watch the football all the time back home.' I followed him hurriedly through the crowds without breathing. Being a vampire in a school is like being in a sweet shop without any money, it just isn't fair. Technically I don't have to breathe, it's just something that makes me look...alive. I'm sure he wouldn't notice if I didn't until the crowd had died down... 'Thanks for this, by the way.' I smiled. 'I really appreciate it.'
Rorah
Rorah

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:07 pm

"Football... Would that be the English 'Footy' or our American 'Football'?" Laiko asked with a chuckle, "Why they can't just give each one an individual name, I'll never be able to understand..." He added, shaking his head in amused incredulity. "No, don't thank me, I enjoy it." Laiko assured her, waving off her thanks as he made his way up the stairs. When he reached the top, he pulled is cellphone out of his pocket and glanced at the time, then quickly slid it back before anybody could see, and glanced up and down the corridor. "Aha!" He exclaimed, with the enthusiastic air of a scientist announcing his success in a 10-year experiment. "Found it!" He exclaimed jubilantly, gesturing toward the small door to his right with a sign on it that proclaimed it to be the dark room that housed the photography class. "I have to go now, or I'll be late." Laiko explained apologetically, already backing away toward the stairs again. "I'll meet you out here before math's class!" He called over his shoulder, as he was half way down the stairs by now. He raised a hand in farewell , then spun around and burst into a jog down the corridor. He hated to leave so abruptly, but he really did not have any other choice... Sighing to himself in silent disappointment, Laiko increased his pace to a sprint, noting the ominous absence of crowds in the corridors. Finally, he found himself outside the English class, and burst into the room with his messy hair flying in every direction, looking decidedly dishevelled. "Sorry I'm late, Sir I-" He broke off as his teacher cut him off in a firm, cold tone. "It doesn't matter, Laiko. Sit. You're interrupting my lesson." He grumbled grumpily, yet Laiko could not suppress a smile as he was sure he noticed a twinkle in his teacher's eye. "Aye, aye sir!" He agreed, raising his hand in a mock salute before retreating toward his seat. "Aye, Aye... What a twat!" A familiar voice commented, and Laiko paused to whack the shortest of his 3 friends on the head before talking his seat behind him, quickly taking out his books and paying close attention to the teachings on the board.

Back to top Go down

Post  Rorah Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:07 am

'That would be our footy thank you very much.' I told him pointedly. Following him untill he reached my class, I waved him goobye and entered the class. It was a thankfully large room, but not many people in it. I sat at the back, not wanting to get noticed by anyone else. I had lost count how many times I had passed photography in the last...My attention was drawn away from my thoughs to the teacher as she entered the room.
Rorah
Rorah

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:49 am

"I want a 1000 word creative writing essay due tomorrow, try to make use of as many metaphors and similes as possible - the more complex the better. Start now." Laiko was jerked out of his thoughts and into action as the teacher slammed his hand down onto his desk. While the class sighed, grumbled and chattered, Laiko quickly snapped his bag open and took out a writing pad and pen. He knew he wouldn't have time to do this later, and it would be most troublesome if his grades were to drop... He bent over his page and quickly began writing his story, thinking carefully to come up with as many interesting comparisons as possible. The time trickled slowly by - seconds bleeding into minutes as the sharp tip of his pen scratched against the paper, etching out the words in his mind. ...The agent held death in his hand, his finger clasped around the cold metal of the trigger as he smiled like a Demon of Hell. He pointed the weapon at- Laiko pulled his attention away from his page with a growl of frustration as the bell shrilled loudly in his ear, and there came the sound of chairs scraping across the floor as all the students instantly got to their feet and escaped the stuffy classroom. Laiko quickly stuffed his writing into his bag, then hitched it over his shoulder and sprinted out of the door after the tide of students. He pushed his way through them, soon coming to the bottom of the stairs. He took them two at a time, then leaned against the wall, gasping for breath as he waited for Sierra to emerge from the class. He was taking the same maths class as her, having been promoted to the next grade due to his rather unexpected affinity with numbers. His friends were often mocking him about it, but he didn't mind much. He enjoyed maths... The way there was always a solid answer, and it was either right or wrong - no argument about it. It was a peaceful, logical subject... He shrugged vaguely, then glanced at his imaginary watch before searching the crowd for Sierra as students began to spill out of the second floor classes.

Back to top Go down

Post  Rorah Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:56 am

I rested my head in my hand, my elbow propped up against the desk, as the teacher gabbled on about filters and lighting. I stifled a yawn as the bell sounded, and all of the students go to their feet and gathered their textbooks up. I walked out before any of them, spotting Laiko easily amongst the crowd. I fought my way towards him. 'Hi.'
Rorah
Rorah

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:05 am

"Hey." Laiko replied casually, smiling in greeting before setting off through the crowds, pushing his way down the stairs, swamped by a sea of students. "Good class?" He asked, glancing over at Sierra as he spoke, "I've never taken photography, so I don't know what it's like." He added conversationally, watching her with a friendly, cheerful smile. It was most important that she felt welcome at the school... After all, it really wasn't a bad place once one got used to it. He for one felt extremely lucky to be there, which indeed he was... If the principal had not offered him a scholarship, he didn't know what he would have done about his education. It would have been most troublesome...

Back to top Go down

Post  Rorah Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:00 am

I shrugged. 'Well, I've I've had better classes.' I admitted, smiling. 'It felt kinda repetetive.' I chuckled. 'Inside joke.' I added. 'So you're in my math class?' I added, wanting to change the subject. 'Math was never my favorite subject but I suppose another class won't kill me.' I stared ahead, my own dry humour catching me out.
Rorah
Rorah

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:15 am

"You speak as though you've done it all before." Laiko commented with a chuckle, "Your last school must have been pretty good to cover so much." He added on a more serious tone, a note of admiration to his voice as he contemplated the possibility of a school being so advanced. His education was rather important to him. In fact, it was one of the few things he did not take lightly. Perhaps that was because it was something he always succeeded at... He let his thoughts trail off as he turned down another corridor, walking the familiar path to the math class almost without thought. "I quite enjoy maths..." He replied thoughtfully, prodding and examining his thoughts, "What is it about it that you don't like?" He asked, genuine, innocent curiosity in his voice.

Back to top Go down

Post  Rorah Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:24 am

'Yeah, they covered loads. Mind you, it isn't the first time I've moved schools.' I chuckled at his curiosity. 'I just hate numbers. They don't work with me. Whay can't they solve their own problems?'
Rorah
Rorah

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:27 am

"Wow, that must have been great!" Laiko replied enthusiastically, his eyes sparkling at the prospect of being able to get so many different views included in one's education. "I mean, it must have been facinating to learn from so many different people... A nice variety..." Laiko shrugged vaguely, a slightly sheepish grin crossing his face. He knew he could be a little too enthusiastic sometimes, especially about things that other people seemed to consider unimportant... He shrugged off his thoughts, then continued. "I suppose you're right there - they're a bit like people, in a way." He replied, chuckling slightly at his comparison, "But all the same... At least in maths everything can always work out, somehow." He pointed out, shrugging slightly. His unchanging expression and usual, casual stance hid the fact that there may have been some deeper meaning in his words. Laiko glanced around briefly, then turned down another corridor, heading toward the math class that was now in sight.

Back to top Go down

Post  Rorah Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:36 am

'Yeah, but...It just gets boring after a while. Having to go back and re learn stuff. I frowned at his last sentence, but decided to make nothing more of it as we turned into the math corridor.
Rorah
Rorah

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum