Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

.:T H I R S T:. (H U M A N - N E E D E D)

2 posters

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

.:T H I R S T:.  (H U M A N - N E E D E D) - Page 8 Empty Re: .:T H I R S T:. (H U M A N - N E E D E D)

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:47 am

Laiko shook his head, stubbornly refusing to take the man's bait. "You're wrong." He informed him, his tone suggesting that he was stating a fact rather than offering an opinion. Then, suddenly, a thought struck him. He may not have remembered much, and he may not have been all that strong, but he wasn't stupid. Quite the contrary. He ought to play to his strengths... With a bit of luck and a few well placed words, perhaps he could get his way after all... He just hoped that Sierra trusted him enough to know that he didn't mean what he said next. "Yes, you're wrong..." Laiko repeated slowly. "I was never enough of a coward to have half an army hold my victim down." He snarled aggressively, attempting to assess the reaction the man wanted from him, and trying to give it to him. "What sort of a hunter needs pawns to pin down its prey?" He added, stepping challengingly toward the man and drawing himself up to his full height so he looked down upon him. "She's a vampire, true. Scum, perhaps... But she's mine. My prey. I found her. So back the hell off!" Laiko hissed viciously, glaring intimidatingly at the man and exhibiting a false courage and bloodthirsty air that was not his own. Based off guesswork, he had assumed that the man wanted him to revert... Back to the old ways, though he couldn't remember them. He guessed that this man expected him to kill Sierra... If he made out that he would, that might just be his best hope. Now all he could do was wait and hope that his plan would be effective... That he had not misjudged this man or misunderstood his intentions.
Polo trapped in an inkpot

Location : With the beast under your bed, in your closet, in your head...

Back to top Go down

.:T H I R S T:.  (H U M A N - N E E D E D) - Page 8 Empty Re: .:T H I R S T:. (H U M A N - N E E D E D)

Post  Rorah Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:23 pm

He looked Laiko up and down, desperate to find some other flaw that would allow him to continue with his explanation, but he found none. He raised an arm, and for a moment I thought he might bring it down on Laiko, but he simply lowered it slowly, signalling to the guards around me to let me go. Reluctantly, they did so, pushing me roughly to the floor. I fell on my hands and knees, grazing them slightly. I looked up at Laiko almost fearfully, my golden eyes looking directly into his.
'Go on then Laiko. Kill her. Make me proud.' he handed him one of the odd looking guns, shoving it into his arms roughly. 'Do it, Laiko, or we'll shoot you.' he said simply, shrugging.
Rorah
Rorah

http://simonpgg.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:45 pm

Laiko glanced briefly at Sierra, but when he met her gaze he turned his head away. He wouldn't meet those eyes... He couldn't... He turned back to the man again and watching him closely as he spoke. He took the gun when it was offered to him, fumbling slightly with its awkward structure. He cast the man a threatening glare as he head yet another threat on his life, and soon found himself stepping toward Sierra. The gun clutched in his hands felt natural, as though it belonged there. He couldn't remember ever having seen one before... Yet holding it was like being reunited with an old friend. In fact, had that thought not reminded him of Sierra, he might have shot her almost without thinking. This thought alarmed him, and for a moment he was visited by a strong desire to throw the knife away, but he did not. Instead, Laiko took a moment to think about everything he had seen since entering the warehouse. while pretending to stare Sierra down and take pleasure in intimidating her. It was difficult, and used the full extent of his concentration, but he had to. When he had first entered the warehouse, he had noticed that it was cold... Perhaps some part of it was used as a cold storage until? Then he remembered that he had seen pipes running through the rafters overhead. One of them had had a leak in it, and steam had been gushing out at such a high pressure he guessed it could have done serious damage... Steam, that was it! Laiko cocked the gun, then aimed it right at Sierra's head, a sadistic smirk crossing his lips as he his fingers played on the trigger. He slowly crouched down, lowering himself to her level. "I want to see the light leave her eyes." He explained with a dark, twisted passion, relying on his uncanny acting skills to get him through this. He pointed the gun straight at Sierra's forehead, then pulled the trigger, letting the gun release a loud blast.
At the very last moment, Laiko had lifted the gun. His bright green eyes followed the bullet as it soared mere inches about Sierra's head, gradually ascending as it darted through the air at an angle, finally hitting one of the metal pipes, just as he had planned. A massive hole way opened in the pipe, and steam gushed out thick and fast. In the split second before it swallowed them all, Laiko grabbed Sierra's wrist so he would not lose her. Keeping the gun clutched in one hand and holding his breath so as to stay completely silent, he attempted to tug her to her feet. He had blown his cover now. This was their only chance... She would just have to trust him.

Back to top Go down

Post  Rorah Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:26 pm

I thought this would be it. What a fool I was, bringing Laiko here. But nevertheless, it was what I wanted, I wanted Laiko to regain his memory. I watched as he poised the gun to my forehead, ready to shoot me, kill me. I closed my eyes light. The bang...but the pain never came. I felt a freezing sensation around my feet, and a hand around my wrist dragging me off. I stumbled, wondering what had happened, then I heard the screams of annoyance.
'FIND HIM! GET HIM!' The men shrieked, guns were firing blindly all around us, one narrowly missed my head. 'Kill the vampire, do not harm the boy!' He called, then I heard the heavy footsteps on concrete. He had run away. Coward. More footsteps followed ours as we stumbled around in the steam. It was like thick fog now, I could barley see Laiko in front of me...Wait...so Laiko hadn't shot me? I pulled my grip away from his and run in my own direction. After what he had said, what he had done, agreed to do, I couldn't be with him anymore. Even if he was faking it, it was too much. What if he wasn't faking it? I ran from him, in a direction I wasn't aware of.

Metal walls zoomed up at me from the mist, I ran straight into them, hitting them desperately as though they might topple. I twisted around, my back against the wall as 6 black figures loomed over me, their guns ready.
Rorah
Rorah

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:58 pm

Laiko felt despair strike him like a ton of bricks as Sierra pulled away. She hadn't trusted him... She hadn't trusted him... She hadn't trusted him! What had he ever done to betray her trust? If she had just stuck with him a little longer he could have explained it all... Didn't she know how hard that had been for him? How much he had risked to pull off a plan that had so nearly worked... And would have worked, if she had trusted him just a little more. Laiko shook away the bitter thoughts, turning and dashing with silent steps back through the steam in the direction Sierra had gone. He relied on his hearing to guide him, picking up echoes to warn him of any obstacles looming nearby. Then he heard a sudden twanging thud as flesh struck metal. He dashed in the direction of the sound, just in time to see the massive black lump that was the group huddled around Sierra. Panic surged through Laiko, but he checked himself, willing himself not to do anything rash. He clasped the gun tightly in his hands, glad that he had not let go of it. He would get Sierra out of this mess, no matter what the cost. Clutching the gun in his hands, Laiko tried to think of another solution... One that would not involve killing. He examined his surroundings as best he could, squinting through the steam. Even when he put his hand right in front of his face, he could barely see it. Chances were, all they could see of Sierra was a vague, hazy shape. But what could he do, what could he do?! There seemed nothing... He crept gradually closer, relying on his uncanny stealth to hide him. He was soon near enough that he could hear them breathing. He crept silently around them, crouching beside a stack of boxes. Had visibility been good, he would have been plainly in their sight, but now he seemed part of the boxes. That was when a thought struck him. It was the plan of a desperate man out of ideas, and Laiko knew that he was clutching at straws, but what else could he do? Merging with the boxes, he crept gradually closer to Sierra. The pile of boxes was no more than 3 meters away from her... If he was incredibly lucky, this pathetic plan could work. Hoping to heaven that the mist would hide all but their vague, forms, Laiko prepared himself, a box held in his hands. In one, lightning fast moment, he threw the box with one arm, grabbing Sierra's nearest hand in the other arm and dragging her toward the boxes while the box bounced where she had been not a second before, then skidded a short way in the opposite direction as though trying to escape. Laiko clapped a hand over Sierra's mouth the instant she was in reach, at the same time bending over her and softly whispering "Trust me." into her ear. He had her pressed against the boxes now, hopefully hidden, and he just hoped that she would stay silent... It would already be a miracle if this plan was successful. If it was messed up even a little, the chances of success would be less than zero.

Back to top Go down

Post  Rorah Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:06 pm

I had surely thought I would die. But something pulled me away...The second I had moved from that spot, the guns fired, exploding the box into pieces. They gave roars of annoyance as they all scattered around, desperately looking for me and Laiko. Laiko...A hand clamped around my mouth to stop me from shouting out as I was pushed roughly against some boxes. I frowned at Laiko as he told him to trust me, and tried to speak through his hand, but found it near impossible. Giving up, I nodded.
Rorah
Rorah

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:13 pm

Laiko released Sierra's mouth as he felt her nod, but kept one hand on her wrist. He picked up the gun with the other hand, then slowly crept along beside the boxes, knowing that the men would not be able to see them. A cool breeze told him in which direction the entrance was, and he tugged lightly on Sierra's arm to indicate that she should follow him. Slowly, silently and stealthily, Laiko crept toward the breeze, hoping against hope that they would not be discovered. He could see the vague haze of light tha was the doorway now... Once they entered that light, they would have to run for it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Rorah Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:22 pm

I followed him, ready for the open air. The steam was getting everywhere, it was still spilling from the pipe that Laiko had shot. I saw the light of the open doorway, but I also saw the three black figures that were following us...
Rorah
Rorah

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:44 pm

As Laiko heard footsteps behind them, he broke into a run, letting his grip on Sierra's wrist slacken slightly. He squeezed her hand softly, then let go, trusting her to trust in him. They could both run better with full use of their arms, and they would need to now.

Back to top Go down

Post  Rorah Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:49 pm

I felt Laiko's grip slacken, and he let me go. Turning back, I saw the men running after us, firing their guns wildly, just missing us by centimeters. They swore loudly, hot on our heels, their guns making ominous clicking noise as they reloaded. We ran...away from the warehouse, into the open air...I smiled to myself, we had escaped, me and Laiko, and now we could get away from here.......The guns lay silent, and then, one almighty bang as one fired off. An immense pain spread through my back - and I fell to the ground.
Rorah
Rorah

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:54 pm

"Sierra!" Laiko gasped, skidding to a stop and whipping around. He dropped to his knees beside her, instantly dropping the gun and taking her hand. "Were you hit?" Laiko asked, a tremor to his voice, as he already knew the answer. "Are you okay?" Another tremor. He knew the answer to that, too. Raising his head, Laiko glanced around for their attacker, releasing a snarl like a wounded beast as frustration washed over him. He couldn't find the man... What was going to happen to Sierra? What could he do?

Back to top Go down

Post  Rorah Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:58 pm

I yelled as I rolled onto my front, bunching my hands into tight fists. The pain was immense. I couldn't find the words to answer Laiko...The men surrounded us, pointing the guns at myself and Laiko.
'Get up.' One of them ordered sharply to Laiko.
Rorah
Rorah

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:13 pm

Laiko released Sierra's hand as she rolled away, placing a comforting touch on her shoulder instead. "No." He stated bluntly as the man ordered him to rise. He grabbed his own gun, and raised it with one hand to point it at the man in question. "I'll not get up." He repeated simply. "But you will get lost." He assured the man, cocking the gun and pointing it at him wit cold, calm fury pumping through his veins. He had never felt anger like this before... Not that he could remember. Part of him wanted to break down in tears and howl to the heaves to let Sierra be all right. Part of him wanted to have vengence and kill the men that had done this to her, and part of him just wanted everything to slow down and go away so that he could comfort her, if only a little... As such, he was stuck somewhere in the middle.

Back to top Go down

Post  Rorah Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:20 pm

'Get up.' he ordered more forcefully, pointing the gun, yet again at me. I stifled a scream through my teeth as the pain pulsed through me, I hadn't felt like this in over a century...
'Laiko, just do it...' I managed to say, my voice strained. I was starting to sweat heavily, my forehead was wet, my hair sticking to it.
Rorah
Rorah

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:25 pm

Laiko glanced at Sierra, and at the sight of her pain, all the fight seemed to drain out of him. He got to his face and stood there, the gun held in a loose grip by his side. His eyes were downcast, hidden by his golden blonde hair, and a trembling was starting from his fingertips, soon running all through his body. Why had he agreed to this...? This was all his fault... All of it...

Back to top Go down

Post  Rorah Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:38 pm

One of the men shoved a gun into his back, wanting him to do as he says. Out of the mist emerged the men in the suit, still clean and tidy...somehow. He smirked at the pain it was causing me as I writhed on the ground.
'She'll die if you don't do something fast, Laiko. But, of course, why would you want to do something when this was your ordinary job?' He paused, putting his hands on Laiko's shoulders. 'You must see the truth.'
Rorah
Rorah

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:01 pm

"Get off me!" Laiko hissed, shoving the man away wit strength that even surprised himself. He was too desperate and too distraught to plan and think clearly now... Sierra... He had to do something. Anything. "Tell me what to do." Laiko growled, pressing his gun to the man's throat. "Tell me.." He repeated slowly, stepping backward away from the man as his mind began to funcion properly again. Threats on the man's own life wouldn't work. He had too much power, too much influence... No, Laiko would need to negotiate with something else. He raised the gun to his own head, pressing the barrel against his temple. "Tell me what to do for her." Laiko repeated, his voice as cold as ice and deathly calm. "I'll not let her die."

Back to top Go down

Post  Rorah Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:17 am

The was a frantic chorus of 'No!' through the group as Laiko poised the gun at his forehead, ready to shoot. You could hear him take a deep breath, as though composing himself. 'Laiko, please.' He looked straight into his eyes. 'You don't want to save her.' He said plainly.
Rorah
Rorah

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:03 pm

Laiko raised his eyebrows at the man's comment. "Don't I?" He asked in mocking surprise. "Well, we'll just see about that, shall we...?" He asked, his finger tightening on the trigger. The moment he fired, Laiko tilted the gun away, and the bullet whizzed past his head, grazing his right temple and leaving a thin trail of blood trickling down, proving that he was serious. "If you have not stabalized her condition by the time I count to 5, I'll pull this trigger." Laiko warned, pressing the gun harder against his head until the end of it imprinted a white ring on his skin. "And this time I won't miss." He concluded, holding up 5 fingers and folding one of them down. "Four." He stated simply.

Back to top Go down

Post  Rorah Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:29 pm

He closed his eyes. 'The gun that shot her should have a venom deposit. It has to re-enter her bloodstream for her to become...one of those things again. Laiko, why are you risking your life for hers, when you don't know how much you're worth to me? She means nothing.' He looked at him, and for a moment in between wiping my watering eyes, I saw real sympathy, real meaning. All that was gone when he started talking again. 'Of course, we can't let you go after this. You'll have to stay with us.'
Rorah
Rorah

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:33 pm

Laiko nodded, dropping to his knees beside Sierra with the gun still clutched in his hand. He picked up the gun on the ground beside her, pulling off the tube, finding a vein in her arm, and jabbing the point of the neede in. He squeezed the fluid into her bloodstream, then removed the needle and rubbed the prick vigorously in order to lower circulation and numb the spot slightly so she'd not feel any pain from it. Finally, he straightened again, glancing up at the man. "Why do you ask me to risk her life when you don't know how much she means to me?" Laiko retorted quietly, answering the man's question with a question. "Leave Sierra alone, and I'll go with you." He answered with a nod of acceptance, resigning himself to his fate and accepting it with dignity. He had done all he could... He had fought hard... And now it was over. It was time to wave his white flag. He still didn't understand what was so important about him, but if it ment that he could keep Sierra from being harmed, so be it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Rorah Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:44 pm

I watched hazily as Laiko did something to my arm...but I was too weak to care. Things seemed to swim back into focus slightly as he stood up. The man laughed and beckoned us to the next warehouse. Two of the guards forced Laiko forwards, another two grabbed me by my arms and lifted me to my feet, forcing me to walk. I was almost clumsy as I was forced to stay in step with the guards, still slightly drowsy.
Rorah
Rorah

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:48 pm

Laiko shot the gaurds a venomous glare as they shoved him forwards, baulking like a stubborn mule before moving forward of his own accord, retaining his dignity. The gun was still clutched tightly in his hand, and he kept an eye on Sierra at all times. If thy so muchy as touched a hair on her head... He clenched his jaw in barely contained fury, clenching his fist around the gun until the etal bruised his palm. He followed the procession into the next warehouse, wondering vaguely what was going to happen next.

Back to top Go down

Post  Rorah Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:16 am

We entered the second warehouse. The man turned around. 'Take her round the side. You know where to put her.' He growled, turning to Laiko and beckoning him in. They pushed me off in a different direction, round the side of the warehouse as instructed. There was a small door leading into the side of the warehouse, and for a moment I thought we were just going through a side entrance, but when they opened it, inside was actually a huge cage that shared the space with the warehouse. I could see the door where Laiko and the man would enter through. I quickly turned, trying to force my way out of the door, but they slammed it shut. The join to the wall was so good it looked as though there had never been a door there in the first place. I hammered against it with my fists. 'Let me out!' I screamed furiously, but heard several locks click on the other side. Whatever this cage was made out of, it was strong. I tried to bend the metal bars...again, nothing.
Rorah
Rorah

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:20 am

"Where are they taking her?!" Laiko demanded viciously, glaring at the man. "If you hurt her, I'll..." Laiko trailed off, apparently uncertain as to what he could do that would be terrible enough to punish such a crime. "I'm warning you." Laiko stated darkly, his lips twitching in a snarling expression as he stepped backwards away from the man. "Tell me what's going on here." Laiko commanded forcefully, sepping back again in the direction they had taken Sierra.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum