Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

.:T H I R S T:. (H U M A N - N E E D E D)

2 posters

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

.:T H I R S T:.  (H U M A N - N E E D E D) - Page 2 Empty Re: .:T H I R S T:. (H U M A N - N E E D E D)

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:43 am

"I suppose that makes sense." Laiko agreed, nodding thoughtfully. "Anyway, we're here now." Laiko announced, staring up at the big, old fashioned door before him. "Good luck getting those numbers to work themselves out." He added with a friendly wink, then pushed the door open and stepped inside, greeting the teacher on the way to his desk. She was an older lady, perhaps 54 or 55, with flyaway, curly grey hair and a sea of wrinkles that crinkled into deep crevices around her eyes as she smiled. She had a cheerful face, and kind blue eyes, yet the way she kept her glasses low on her hooked nose gave the illusion of strictness, and demanded some level of respect from the students. Laiko had always got along well with her, but then again, Laiko usually got along quite well with everybody...
Polo trapped in an inkpot

Location : With the beast under your bed, in your closet, in your head...

Back to top Go down

.:T H I R S T:.  (H U M A N - N E E D E D) - Page 2 Empty Re: .:T H I R S T:. (H U M A N - N E E D E D)

Post  Rorah Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:49 am

I walked into the class, everyone's eyes were locked on me untill I sat down and the teacher started talking.
Rorah
Rorah

http://simonpgg.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:53 am

Laiko stared intentively up at the teacher as she spoke, taking notes every now and then. From time to time he would be distracted by the people sitting near him, and would abandon his work to lean over and whisper in hushed tones to them, his permanent friendly smile curving his lips, and his dark golden fringe falling with casual simplictiy over his bright green eyes.

Back to top Go down

Post  Rorah Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:58 am

I found it increasingly difficult to concentrate as the lesson progressed. Numbers would be scribbled out furiously on my page, and equations would have to be re written time and again. Was it me, or was the girl sitting in front of me smelling rather appetizing?
Rorah
Rorah

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:05 am

Laiko glanced briefly toward Sierra to see how she was doing, and frowed as he noticed her expression. She seemed frustrated and irritable... Certainly distracted. It was strange... Some people obviously just didn't like maths - not at all. He found it rather hard to comprehend... He shrugged off the thought and tured his attention back to the board, jotting down a few more notes on what the teacher was demonstrating. There would probably be a practice test at the end of the week... He wanted to have enough notes to be fully prepared. If he could maintain his A average in the year 12 class, then he would be allowed to take the advanced math class next term as well...

Back to top Go down

Post  Rorah Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:11 am

I scrunched my hand into a fist underneath my desk, raising my other one. The teacher looked at me inquistitivley.
'Yes Sierra?'
'May I be excused for a moment? I- I have a really bad migrane.'
She nodded. 'Of course. You do look a bit pale, actually.'
As soon as she had finished her sentence I had got up and walked out the door, shutting it harder than intended. Striding down the hall I exited through the double doors and out into the fresh air. I took a huge gulp of air, willing to get the taste out of my head, but it was no use. The smells of hundreds just harassed me instead.
Rorah
Rorah

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:16 am

Laiko frowned as Sierra left the room, suddely feeling extremely concerned. Apparently it was more than just an intense dislike of maths... Was she ill? Laiko glaned over at the teacher, only t see his same concern mirrored in her face. "Ma'am, can I..." He trailed off, but she glanced over at him, and seemed to instantly understand what he was trying to ask. "Yes, Laiko. Just check on her." She replied in a soft voice, nt quite loud enough for the rest of the unattentive class to hear. She smiled supportiely at him, ad Laiko returned the smile with gatitude, then pushed his chair back and left the room, closing the door carefully behind him, then dashing off down the corridor in search of Sierra.

Back to top Go down

Post  Rorah Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:53 am

Sierra uttered a frustrated growl and entered back into the corridor, searching for somewhere where she could vent her feelings. She spotted Laiko looking for her, and dashed off the other way, into the girl's toilets.
Rorah
Rorah

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:07 pm

Laiko caught a glimpse of Sierra as sh burst into the corridor, then took off in the opposite direction. He frowned, and took a few hesitant steps after her, then paused and glanced around uncertainly as she disappeared into the bathroom. What should he do...? Finally, he walked over to the door and rapped softly on it with his knucles. "Sierra...?" He called tentatively, "Are you okay?" He fell silent after that, gnawing on his lip nervously as he awaited a response. Just what was going on...?

Back to top Go down

Post  Rorah Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:14 pm

'I'm fine.' I growled, hearing Laiko tapping on the door. I turned on the taps and splashed some water on my face. Looking into the mirror, I looked into my pitch black eyes. 'Go, Laiko. I'll be fine.'
Rorah
Rorah

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:20 pm

Laiko stepped back, biting down on his lip and shifting his weight uncertainly from foot to foot at the sudden change in her tone. He didn't want to invade her privacy, or seem clingy, but at the same time, he was rather worried about her. For once, Laiko was at a loss - having no clue what he ought to do. He felt guilty, too, as though the whole thing was his fault... Laiko bit his lip again as he glanced around anxiously, trying to work out what to do. "I- Well... Okay, then..." He agreed reluctantly, turning and walking away with slow, hesitant steps. He was still unsure whether or not he had made the right decision, and he was still extremely worried about Sierra, but he just didn't know what else he could do. After taking a few steps, Laiko paused and looked back over his shoulder, his eyes dulled to a dark sea green by his worry.

Back to top Go down

Post  Rorah Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:34 pm

I had to go somewhere, where no one would get hurt...I stormed out of the toilets, nearly breaking the door off it's hinges, and turned to stare at Laiko as he walked away. I had to fight an urge more fierce than anything I've ever known, just to stop me from attacking him. I stood there, jaw clenched, staring at him for a few seconds.
Rorah
Rorah

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:46 pm

Laiko spun around as he heard the door crashing violently into the wall. What he saw froze him in his tracks. That was Sierra... At least, it looked like her, but something about her was different... Too different. As though she was some savage, feral beast. Yet he was not afraid... Something about all this seemed vaguely familiar, only he could not work out what it was. Deja Vu crashed over him, confusing him all the more. "Sierra...?" He asked hesitantly, somewhat surprised at how calm his voice was. Perhaps he was just a fool... Perhaps it was pure stupidity that kept him from running away, but... But what? It was that same old thing again... An empty space in his memory. Something he thought he ought to remember, yet it wasn't quite there... Something that his body remembered, but his mind did not. How was that even possible...? It was always so frustrating. And he, the calm, cheerful an patient one, always had to ignore it to an undetectable extent. It gor tiresome at times... Though right now, his attention ought to be on Sierra, who looked like she was just about ready to rip his head off.

Back to top Go down

Post  Rorah Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:52 pm

I opened my mouth to try and say something, but all I uttered was a low hiss. Sprinting back down the hall at what must have been the speed of sound, I forced my way out of the school gates, leaving them bent and the metal torn apart like it was paper.
Rorah
Rorah

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:00 pm

Laiko blinked in surprise as a hiss escaped her mouth, and when he opened his eyes again, she was gone. A creeping feeling of unease scuttled down his spine, but he stalked off after her all the same. Something wasn't right here... Not right at all. He could feel some hidden knowledge on the brink of his memory taking control, as though he knew what to do, though in reality he was utterly bewildered. He moved with a casual confidence as he walked calmly toward the big double doors leading out of the school building. He reached them just in time to see Sierra leaving the school grounds, and- Wait, what?! In a second, she had vanished, and the durable metal gates looked as though a monster truck had struck them at full speed. Laiko blinked in surprise and shock, trying to absorb what had happened, and how. He did not understand at all, yet he found he was able to accept it completely. If only he could remember why... He uttered a low growl of frustration, then broke into a jog and left the school grounds, heading down the deserted road in the direction Sierra had taken.

Back to top Go down

Post  Rorah Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:02 pm

I needed somewhere to go..Somewhere safe...I headed for a part that looked a little...woody. Sprinting over fallen trees like hurdles I prowled in sear of food.
Rorah
Rorah

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:09 pm

Laiko burst into a sprint, somehow knowing instinctively which way to go. For the first time in his life, he truly regretted not having worked harder in fitness training. A stitch stabbed into his side, and he started gasping to air. Forced to slow by his unfit body, he walked at a slow, miserable pace down the road, glancing around in search of Sierra and gnawing his lip in concern. Where was she...? And what was wrong with her? He didn't want to let anything happen to her... Then again, what could he do? Challenge any potential attackers to a math tournament? Even to him, that thought was a simple joke...

Back to top Go down

Post  Rorah Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:13 pm

The deer gave one last hooting call as my fangs sunk deeper into it's neck. It lay still, unmoving, dead. When I had had my fill, I stood up and rubbed my eyes. How I had not attacked Laiko I did not know, bu at least he was alright. I stood above the dead deer, sniffed, and kicked it playfully.
Rorah
Rorah

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:22 pm

Laiko finally gave up and dropped to a sitting position on the pavement, resting his elbows on his legs. His muscles were trembling slightly from exertion, but he was too worried about the situation with Sierra to notice. Plus, he was missing school... That would look bad. It would ruin his perfect attendance record, for one thing... Likely as not the principal would want to speak to him tomorrow. What would he do then...? Say that he had gone running off the grounds after the new girl who had trashed the gate...? A likely story. Plus, he had a sneaking suspicion that Sierra might not return. That perhaps she had been a figment of his imagination all along... In fact, this might all just be a dream. It was all so strange...

Back to top Go down

Post  Rorah Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:45 pm

I picked up the carcass and carried it into some bushes, where a predator was most likely to have a good go at it. I walked into a street, and was about to turn the corner, when I suddenly realized Laiko was sitting there on the pavement.
Rorah
Rorah

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:39 pm

"Sierra..." Laiko slowly got to his feet and glanced over at her, his expression seeming sombre and grave in the absence of his usual smile. It made him seem years older, to the extent that wrinkles would not seem out of place on his tanned face. "Hey, are you okay...?" He asked hesitantly. "You were acting a little... Unusual. I was worried." He admitted, a concerned frown crossing his face as he studied her from whre he stood. He felt uncharacteristically awkward... He didn't know what to do, or what to say... Or whether he ought to run... Whether he was a fool not to feel afraid... Or whether he was a fool to suspect that there was anything dangerous about her.

Back to top Go down

Post  Rorah Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:24 am

I closed my eyes and turned the corner, opening them again, I turned to look at him. 'I said, bad migrane.' I smiled.
Rorah
Rorah

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:26 am

Laiko's eyebrows shot up to vanish amongst the soft, shiny locks of his fringe as her words reached his ears. He highly doubted she had ever expected him to buy that in the first place... Still, he was a pacifist, and saw no point in arguing over something so trivial. If she didn't want to confide in him, fine. He understood completely. He was little more than a stranger after all... Besides, he was more the confidential sort himself, though not intentionally... Even if he had wanted to, he could not explain his past to anybody. Though he always could, and would, explain anything that might be ailing him - at least to those who wished to know. He preferred not to keep secrets, for the most part... They only wound up hurting people in the end. Laiko shrugged off his thoughts, his lips slipping into an amused smile before he replied, "Well, if you insist, then I'll just pretend to believe that and we can get on with it." He winked good naturedly at her, then turned to glance back the way he had come. "Although..." He added thoughtfully, "I doubt there's much point in going back now. The day should almost be over..." He trailed off, absentmindedly gnawing on his lip as the full impact of his words sunk in. The school day had ended... That meant it was the start of the weekend. What would he do...? He had already asked to stay at the school, but apparently that wasn't possible. Something about the boarding house being closed because- Well, he didn't remember the reason. Well, he supposed he would cross that bridge when he came to it. No point dwelling on the future when one could be happy in the pleasant. He turned back to Sierra with a friendly smile. "Where are you headed?" He asked conversationally, "Will you be back again on Monday, or was the school not to your liking?" He added curiously. He rather hoped she would be back... She was a pleasant sort, and he was sure to miss her if she decided not to join the school after all.

Back to top Go down

Post  Rorah Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:56 am

'Home, hopefully. I live on my own so..' I shrugged. 'Empty house. I like it that way.' I paused. 'Sure, I'll be back on Monday, if something unexpected doesn't come up, then yeah.'
Rorah
Rorah

Back to top Go down

Post  Polo trapped in an inkpot Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:34 am

"That makes sense." Laiko replied with an understanding smile, "It's hard to keep your thoughts where they should be if you never have any time on your own, just to sit and think without the influences of people..." He shrugged vaguely and trailed off. He had considered asking whether she found it lonely, but he had decided against it. It was not his place to poke and pry... "Well, have a good weekend." Laiko said earnestly, a cheerful grin splitting his face. "I hope to see you on Monday."

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum