Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here Comes the Sun

4 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Here Comes the Sun Empty Here Comes the Sun

Post  Sniper21 Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:18 pm

[ooc: I'm not sure why most of the places that encircle interesting topics are all lumped in the TEEN SECTION, but so be it. Here's a medieval-vamp RP.]

The sun was setting fast, sinking behind the mountains and fields like a blood-red eye. Sheehan hurriedly strung his bow, tied back his hair. He had to make it to the Castle Messerstein with the warning from his people - that the Sleeping Evils had returned, had returned to reclaim the night. There was no time to lose.
-

Name: Sheehan Brennt
G: M
Human, Celt
Desc: http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=celtic+warrior#/d86qbj
Weapons/accessories: Claymore, bow and arrows.
Sheehan usually wears a forest-colored tunic or tabard and leather belt containing his sword, and of course, his quiver and bow. Rides a bay mare called Cercus.

--
*General Rules apply here.

SETUP

Humans and vampires in 334 A.D don't get along like they should. That being said, here are the rules to the Vampires:

1) They're undead. So, hard to kill and incapable of sexual reproduction.

2) THEY BURN IN SUNLIGHT. -__- No exceptions.

3) Their ONLY sustenance is blood. Very little sympathy here for human-popcorn.

4) Vampires can only turn a human by leaving them at the 'half-dead'/deceased point. But if they bite you, don't worry, that shouldn't take long...

5) Garlic works! As do stakes and crucifixes. Iron, and the tolling bell. And heavy mallets to the head. Like a zombie fest!

6) *They can be monstrous. European vampires can be either very intelligent or very braindead, and live only to eat; the latter sometimes end up looking nothing like a person, with extra eyes and even extra appendages.

7) They can shape-shift and hypnotize, and cast illusions.

Cool They can become a mist-state for only a few minutes and slip through keyholes, but not if they're iron-wrought.

**These are basically the old rules from Dracula and all that. The cool stuff.**

PLOT: Several humans of several clans have gone to bring word from the surrounding countryside to the castle, where there may be some hope restored. If the Queen is notified, she can begin rallying her forces to contain these vile beings.

But if the vampires begin to wreak havoc, and possibly get there faster, the kingdoms could be lost to the night, and the plague will forever spread. Not that the vampires are heartless...they're just really, really, hungry. x3

YOU CAN BE A HUMAN OR A VAMPIRE. Mages and warriors and whatever else are acceptable, too. Can have as many characters as you need.

Have at it!

Sniper21
Sniper21

Back to top Go down

Here Comes the Sun Empty Re: Here Comes the Sun

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:05 pm

O_o you come up with great plots! I'm joining for sure:D

Name: Aisling Connoly
Species: Vamp
Celtic
Looks: http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=Blonde%20girl%20portrait&order=9&offset=24#/d2vs5em
Weapons: Dagger, sometimes a bow and arrow.
Normally wears a simple blue gown, nothing fancy. It has a hip belt to hold her dagger. Often times she walks since the horses she has end up being her dinner.
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:31 pm

[I am joining. As two people. Or creatures. Whatever you call them. What do you mean I'm stalking your posts?!]

Name: Licinius Quintus Cato
Called: Cato
Species: Vampire
Roman (At least I think this was they were taking over Britain?)
Looks: Pale blonde hair, bloodred eyes, slim
Weapons: Short, centurion sword from the Roman army and a javelin that he keeps strapped to his back
Cato used to be a centurion in the Roman army before bitten, so he often acts likes he's still in it. He wears a loose dark red tunic, knotted with a golden silk belt he stole from a tasty king...
Batcat
Batcat

http://christmas-khaleesi.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sniper21 Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:04 pm

[Thank you Very Happy hope you enjoy it!

Past the invasion; the Romans were settled in, but it was uprising - the only enemies right now are Romans, Celts, Gauls/Scots, Northern Britains, and maybe a venturing Viking or two Smile ]

Sheehan knew he'd never make the first checkpoint before nightfall, but it might be suicide to stop now, still within the First Coven's territory. The warrior dismounted and fished in the saddlebags for two long wreathes of holly-wound garlic, which he draped around his mare and settled around his neck and waist. His green-banded arrows were garlic-dipped, but the only iron on him was the Claymore's hilt. Still, it should be enough. At least with a smell like this, they wouldn't be bothered by any other roaming animal on the path.

Clan Brennt was certainly not the first to come across the Sleeping Evil, and definitely not the last. He wouldn't be surprised to cross paths with any other messengers on his way.

Down went the sun. He could hardly see along this path. Sheehan struck a torch, but like it or not, he was going to have to camp soon...
Sniper21
Sniper21

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:09 pm

[Yes. I have read some excellent (though not very age appropriate) books about it and I stole Cato from there <3 Imma wait til Kira gets on]
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:02 pm

[awwweeee you waited:3 hehehehe my doggie makes a good chair....just thought you should know xD ]

As the sun fell, Aisling rose. Her eyes glittered maliciously as she stretched her arms. She ran her fingers through golden locks, and then stood. She went to the window and basked in the moons glow. Then she changed into the simple blue gown, and walked out. The dagger glistened in the faint light as she walked through pools of moonlight, then when the light left her she blended into the darkness. The only sign she was there was the flash of hungry, vicious eyes and fangs ready to sink into human flesh. Then she caught a whiff of what she had been looking for....
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:54 am

Cato snapped his head to the left as he heard Aisling walking toward him. He stood to her and saw her intent expression... "M'Lady, there's one coming north quickly on a horse." The smell of blood could overpower eveything, and there was no way of telling what protection it carried until it was about a quarter mile away. He watched Aisling eagerly, awaiting orders.

[Is it okay if Cato's kind of like a servant for Aisling, Kira? Meh. I think that's my new favorite word.]
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Rorah Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:46 pm

[Aha! I shall join eth if thou permit one! xD I fail at Old English xD I hope this character is okay Smile]

Name: Morrigan O'Hara (Morrigan is Celtic for - 'a war goddess')
G: F
Human, Celt
Desc: http://browse.deviantart.com/photography/?q=Celtic%20Woman&order=9&offset=96#/d2b21xj
Weapons/accessories: Carries a small dagger that is concealed within her garments, but also wields a larger sword, by the name of Nealle (Celtic name of Irish origins, meaning 'Ruler')
Morrigan has a strong Irish accent, which is instantly recognizable. She wears a black velvet cloak with a large hood that is almost always covering her striking ginger hair. Underneath that, she wears a dark coloured v-neck type top, with sleeves that grow in length at the end. She also wears some beige trousers, and shin-high leather boots, which is where she conceals her dagger.
Morrigan has a palomino mare, who is called Alys ('Noble'), from which she is rarely parted.
Rorah
Rorah

http://simonpgg.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sniper21 Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:22 pm

Night had fallen. Sheehan discarded the dead torch and wound Cercus' reins around his fist, leading her along the dusty road. A half-moon gave enough light in these clear skies to light a proper way, but the hairs on the back of his neck were rising ever higher. His other hand reached for the claymore over his shoulder. Easy. He could almost smell them, the rotting undead, waiting in his path - though to journey off of it would be mad.

Sheehan gave it some thought. He could wander off the road, avoid the problem, and return - or go straight through it. Fingers traced from swordhilt to feather-tip. Not tonight. It would have to be straight through. And woe betide any foe, living or undead, that got in the way of his mission this night.
Sniper21
Sniper21

Back to top Go down

Post  Rorah Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:36 pm

The wind whipped through Morrigan's hair, her hood had long been discarded, it lay limply on her back as she urged Alys into an ever faster gallop, every now and again checking behind her, her eyes darting across the moonlit path fanatically...were they following her? Where did the creatures of the night hide? Reluctantly, she slowed to a canter, allowing her arms to relax a little, for now the threat had been passed, or so she had thought. Immediately a figure swung from the branch beside her, there was no way anyone could have spotted it at the pace she was going. She uttered a frightened scream, instantly reaching for her sword, but the figure was too sly, and too fast. She was knocked from her saddle in one swift blow, the momentum of her mount sending her rolling across the grass in a flurry of panic. When Morrigan eventually came to a halt on the moist ground, the figure was lying a few yards away, seemingly hurt. Looks were deceiving. It raised it's head sharply, it was revealed to be a female, one who appeared to be older than herself. In an instant it was upon her, it's knife-like fangs only inches away from her neck, from her blood, which the vampire hungered for, and it would not stop until it received it.
Rorah
Rorah

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:37 pm

[That would be wonderful Batcattylou! Oh, have you read the book The Alchemyst? There's a character in it with the same name as your new username;) ]

Aisling looked at Cato with a slightly distant look. "I am aware." She said, her voice cool yet oddly sickly sweet. "How would you go about it?" She asked, running her fingers through her hair. "And however you would, I trust it causes a slow, painful death to the human. Vile creatures, they are." She smiled viciously, fangs glinting white.
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Sniper21 Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:44 pm

Cercus tossed her head, snorting quietly. Sheehan knew what that meant, and in an instant, he'd notched arrow to string and pivoted on his heel, searching the Stygian cover with his ears and nose. Eyesight would be useless for this.

Horse-hooves. A short scream. A woman. Out alone? And then, the stench of the vampire - that cloying, sickly sweet/bitter mesh of forest rot and bloodless flesh. A lifetime of training guided his arrow towards the sounds emmanating from the trees and the smell, and he released the garlic-dipped shaft, blind, hoping his aim would be true.
Sniper21
Sniper21

Back to top Go down

Post  Rorah Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:49 pm

The body writhed and clawed at her, a ravenous animal that had been starved for weeks, months...the fangs were drawing ever closer to her pale skin...and then...The soft whizz of an arrow through the air. The vampire uttered a shriek, instantly ducking for cover and removing itself off her. Looking closer, the arrow had pierced the vampire's shoulder, and the faint smell of garlic hung about it. Someone was out here well prepared.
Rorah
Rorah

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:54 pm

Aisling heard the woman, and her eyes flashed a ravenous red. She headed towards the scene, the stench of blood deliciously inviting. Her mouth began to salivate as she moved even closer, then she was there. She leaned against a tree, waiting for the other one to come. "Hello." She said, her voice cool and as always, sickly sweet.
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Sniper21 Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:57 pm

There! Sheehan let another deadly arrow after the first, pinpointed by the first resulting scream. He hoped that he'd gotten the creature before it had any time to feed on whomever was wandering about. Mounting Cercus, he turned back and charged down the overgrown path, this time, wielding the iron-forged Claymore. Whatever he'd sensed at the beginning of the road, he hoped would leave by the time he sorted this, though he knew that was probably not the case. He was being watched.

"EULALYA!" He yelled, whirling the sword aloft at the undead foe.
Sniper21
Sniper21

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:04 pm

Aisling chuckled, a dark giggle that would chill someone to the bones. The arrow landed near her, and she hissed. She back slightly away, then straightened again. She jumped into the trees and waited nonchalantly for the new-comer, the one she had scented before.
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:52 pm

[Kira- That's why I put it as my username ^^ I love her she's my hero <3]

Cato nodded and snarled when she dashed off. He heard the notch of an arrow, a faint thud, and a shriek. He heard his master's hiss, and he bared his fangs and let out a gutteral howl. Bravely, he leapt in front of his Lady and glaredaround the trees at the scene unfolding before them. Garlic... He sniffed again and wrinkled his nose. He turned to Aisling and whispered almost inaudibly, "They have iron and garlic."
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:00 pm

"So it seems. No matter." She eyed him dangerously. "You don't doubt my ability to kill them, do you? In spite of their garlic and," She sniffed disdainfully, "iron, we can take care of them. The woman will be easy, the man...not so much. We'll both need to work on him." She nodded assuredly, then looked back at him.
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:06 pm

"I do not doubt you, Milday." Cato whispered. "Yes, Milady." He said to her order. "May I make a suggestion?" He asked hesitantly, knowing of her violent past to any interference. He looked at her in the eye, knowing fear didn't get anywhere with her.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:15 pm

"And what might that be?" She asked, inspecting her nails. She looked away from him, then back. She was fond of Cato, he was smart. Useful. Definitely someone she would keep around.
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:19 pm

"I'll distract the man, you can kill the woman. Don't drink her yet, though. You can sneak up behind the man and kll him. You're much quieter than me, and I;ve heard you can withstand a little garlic?" He ended the sentence in a question, not sure if the rumor was right.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:45 pm

"Ah. Smart indeed. This is why you're kept around." She smiled at him, a rare true one.
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:01 pm

Cato nodded, accepting the compliment with a smile. It wasn't every day she gave away encouragement and words of support...
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Kira The Dragon Master Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:09 pm

She looked back at the humans, then back at him. "Tell me when." She said, jumping up to another branch and crouching low.
Kira The Dragon Master
Kira The Dragon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Sniper21 Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:19 pm

Cercus reared, and Sheehan held up the sword point. The garlic cloves were of such a reek that it was almost too powerful for him, let alone any walking dead. "Try it, corpse. I dare you. I'll put you back in the box you were buried in, well-and-truly headless, if you don't move on." The Brennt Face-Plate, a war mask generally reserved for warring clans or unknown enemies, slipped over his face, carved to be jagged around the bottom edges in the guise of a ghoul. The crown piece, thick ram's horns, curved and curled strongly on either side of his head. Ready.

Vampires risking attack against a defense like this was crazy. Either they're desperate, or they're cocky. In which case, a fight might do nothing more than make things worse. He was a messenger, not an exterminator, but if they were going to be silly enough to try to get through both the garlic barriers and the iron aura, glinting in the moonlight alongside its accompanying steel like a streak of cold lightning, then he was more than game. "Regain your horse, madame, and quickly," he told the other woman. "There is little time to waste."

[What is it with vampires in trees lately? Possible squirrel-evolution? o_O]
Sniper21
Sniper21

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum