Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fitting In (Teen/Romance)

2 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Fitting In (Teen/Romance) - Page 2 Empty Re: Fitting In (Teen/Romance)

Post  Sniper21 Sat May 28, 2011 11:29 pm

[NO, he never left. He sat down to eat real quick, then take the rest home. What does the trucker have to do with anything? Should I come in somewhere??]

Sniper21
Sniper21

Back to top Go down

Post  Lakota Warrior Mon May 30, 2011 10:42 am

(ok)

Karishma took his order then wiped down a few tables before returning with food. Mike had finished and left as did the other person. The Clock said nine. "want some coffee?" Karishma asked Gab Without a word she poured two mugs. After taking a sip she said. "hows the food?" She studied his face waiting for an answer.
Lakota Warrior
Lakota Warrior

http://free-spirit.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sniper21 Mon May 30, 2011 11:17 am

Gabriel looked at her suspiciously. What did she want? Whatever the reason, he felt he could at least owe her a truthful answer. "Like sh*t," he replied honestly, calmly turning his attention again to the window. "Like everything else in this town."

A massive paw stirred the spoon in the mug with a posture and precision out-of-character to his sheer size and frame; but natural, smooth, unlike the common oxymoronic image of a gorilla or an ox in a cafe, trying to be subtle. He had nothing really to say to this rude woman, but she must, by her actions, have something to say to him. So he sipped from the mug patiently, hooded green eyes examining her appearance.
Sniper21
Sniper21

Back to top Go down

Post  Lakota Warrior Mon May 30, 2011 6:20 pm

"say what you want I dont think there half bad if you like buffalo."
She looked where gab at set his gaze. "as for this town it woulsnt be so bad if..." she stoped. "never mind. At least its still a home. anyway I wanted to tell ya Donna took the night of. She said she was going out to Rosebud with some friends."
Lakota Warrior
Lakota Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Sniper21 Mon May 30, 2011 7:52 pm

[Rosebud res? Which one are we on??]
Sniper21
Sniper21

Back to top Go down

Post  Lakota Warrior Tue May 31, 2011 9:50 am

ok lets reverse that. she went to standing rock. were on rosebud since its the smallest.
sorry about that....lol

Reservation map
Lakota Warrior
Lakota Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Sniper21 Tue May 31, 2011 12:15 pm

[Ahh, okay.]

He looked at her in surprise. "That's a four to five hour drive," he commented, still a little concerned, especially since he hadn't heard she was leaving. Well, he was sure she'd have called her sister, at any rate. Might as well head home... "Why didn't you tell me this earlier?"
Sniper21
Sniper21

Back to top Go down

Post  Lakota Warrior Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:13 pm

(sorry)

Karishma shurgged, "somethings can wait till later to be said." she couldnt help it, but it had been a long time since she had been held. And this man although gruff was very charming in a way. She felt herself being drawn to him.
Lakota Warrior
Lakota Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Sniper21 Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:52 pm

The feeling was not mutual. Gabriel wondered just who the hell she thought she was, witholding information like that on the few family he had in the world. Packing up with barely controlled anger, he growled with as much calm as he could, "If there's nothing else you need to say, then I'll be leaving." He couldn't keep the ice out of his tone.
Sniper21
Sniper21

Back to top Go down

Post  Lakota Warrior Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:01 pm

Karishma felt the coldness "hold on there." She said. "If you really thought I ws just going to tell you where she was with a bunch of Washita truckers. you apreantly are stupider then I thought. By the Washita means white devil halfbreed. Although not all halfbreeds are bad. Some can remain to their roots as Donna is doing others tend to lean toward there white race." Karishma rolled her eyes. "whatever. Thats why I didnt tell ya. It wasnt safe."

Lakota Warrior
Lakota Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Sniper21 Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:19 pm

It was the straw that broke. The word had struck a normally denser chord within him. He knew he shouldn't take it so closely to heart, but what did she think she knew about it? She of all people had no right -

Half-breed. Wacita.

There was plenty to say about it. He could tell her first off that "stupider" wasn't a word; he could tell her that she had no idea what the hell she was talking about; he could tell her that, given the time of day, white truckers would be too tired to start anything; he could tell her that he'd been a 'half-breed' all his life and knew full well what they meant, smart-aleck; he could tell her that she needed to mind her own business, that neither he nor his aunt didn't need to choose ANY damn side to please anybody.

He could tell her that she didn't know anything about him or what it was like to be stuck on the fence, with both sides expecting you to be one thing when it's impossible to be either.

He could tell her that if she called him that again, she could go and **** herself.

But he didn't say any of these things. He had no more words to waste on the rude and racist woman, and went to stand outside the door without leaving a tip, fumbling angrily for his cigarettes. Calm down. No different than anyone else, he reminded himself. Too narrow to see beyond her sad little pity-party world. To narrow to see anything. She thought she was doing the right thing.

Couldn't find his lighter. The Half-breed stood and watched the sun sink, the unlit stick between his lips. She thought it was the right thing to do, nevermind the bigotry.

But then, so did the KKK. So did the Nazis.

Gabriel sighed and closed his eyes. How he hated that word.
Sniper21
Sniper21

Back to top Go down

Post  Lakota Warrior Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:22 pm

Karishma watched him leave. then fallowed him. she stood next to him. lit her cigg then handed him the lighter. "better a halfbreed then a full." she said quietly. "I know you don't like me, but I'm not being nice to make up for what I said. I like your aunt and shes as close to a friend that Ive ever had. I'm just saying. I didn't tell ya because it wouldn't have been right. she didn't want anyone to know. " she puffed on her cigarette. "You think things are bad being a halfbreed. Trying being full. not being wanted for anything other then your body. Feeling like trash with not much of your heritage to speck of." she sighed. "whatever if you want to be a b*** and blow off. go ahead. Just telling you that truckers are cable of anything. believe me I know. worked for so many that even if they've been on the road all day they still are willing to cross lines if there in the mood. and of course they like the full and halfbreed. The ones that wont say anything and don't have the law on there side. The ones who cant even get a right hearing if something happens." Karishma snorted then looked up and headed for her truck.
Lakota Warrior
Lakota Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Sniper21 Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:57 pm

Being wanted for your body. Feeling like trash. Not having much of a heritage. Check, check, and check. Gabriel reserved his sympathies. He had no war with her, and no sympathy for her, despite those three similarities. Didn't he know, looking white himself, sticking out like a target, forced to be friends or bite back when they came to him, not initially knowing what he was? Didn't he know, growing up here? He could understand her being bitter about it, but since when did that give her the right to treat everyone like crap?

She hadn't even asked his name before she started assuming what she thought he was.

"Don't give me that sh*t."

The words were out before he could stomach them. Gabriel knocked the ashes from the cigarette. "This full blood, half-blood, white devil, 'government won't take care of me' nonsense," he growled calmly, "is all a load of bull. The only rules that stand in my way are what can be done, what can't be done, and what one can do about it. I refuse to be nailed down by the expectations and stereotypes of any race. Even yours."

Don't think you justify yourself. Complain, complain, like a droning fly. He flicked the spent butt away. He never knew his father, a drifting, full-blooded German man; he sought education himself, when none was provided by the government; he must have watched over a hundred Indians at the staffing agency walk away to go sell drugs or their bodies than get a job that people tried to help them with, because it was easier, because they were told it was all they were ever good for. Gabriel never complained, because he knew he was getting out. He was going to live, whatever stood in his way.

"So call me wacita. Call me a Half-breed. Measure me by my skin color, my good-for-nothing pedigree, my appearance in general. Because some eyes cannot, and will not, ever see beyond the skin." Wasn't THAT wordy, he thought, but he was again at ease in his mind. Might as well head home. No wonder Donna liked her, though; the woman was honestly far too nice for her own good. He smiled faintly and picked up his toolbox, preparing to walk home, and spying thunderclouds on the horizon.
Sniper21
Sniper21

Back to top Go down

Post  Lakota Warrior Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:43 pm

Karishma spun around. "who the hell do you think you are? I never called you a Washita. I called the da** truckers Washitas cause that's what they are. You are a halfbreed get use to it. I Never have relied on the government for anything." she took a step closer. "Your the one that was pressing to know where Donna was. She didn't want anyone to know." Karishma took a breath, "by the way. I didn't tell you anything to get your sympathy so don't think I want it." She then walked to her truck and got in. she sat in the drivers seat a couple minutes thinking. "she hated being Indian but at the same time she was proud of her Lakota roots.
Lakota Warrior
Lakota Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Sniper21 Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:46 pm

She did call him that. Because he was white, and he was Indian, and that was how he looked at first glance. By staying on this reservation is reliance to the government. But he let her lash out; he wasn't the one in denial, so wrapped up in blood-ties that nothing was clear. What he was and what he wanted went beyond such simple thinking.

If she didn't want anyone to know, why didn't she just say that? Was she looking for a fight? Indian this, Indian that. Lakota blood this, white blood that. Complaints. Excuses. Pity-parties. If that wasn't sympathy-searching, he didn't know what was. The fly only buzzes louder. "Get over yourself. The world owes you nothing that you can't achieve for yourself. Stop expecting it to." So quit blaming others for your troubles and go and face them on your own.

The first rumbles of thunder began as she sat waiting in her truck. Gabriel could smell the approaching rain.
Sniper21
Sniper21

Back to top Go down

Post  Lakota Warrior Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:47 pm

she truned the key and started her truck. She looked up at him standing infront of the diner. She couldnt help but start thinking how hot he was....she scoffed at her self then took a whisky bottle from the passanger seat and took a swig. Waiting for her truck to warm up a little.
Lakota Warrior
Lakota Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Sniper21 Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:17 pm

Gabriel checked his watch. Mum will be home soon. He hefted his things and began the long walk back, hoping but knowing he probably wouldn't make the rain, loaded down with the carryout and tools like this. He was saving up for the pickup at old-man Mackie's place, so he wouldn't have to keep trading her vehicles like this. Until then...might as well try to make it back in time.

RUUMMMMBLE.
Sniper21
Sniper21

Back to top Go down

Post  Lakota Warrior Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:37 pm

Karishma pulled out of the parking lot. passing Gab. apearntly he didnt have a car. She thought of leaving him but knew she couldnt as much as she hated to she pulled over and rolled her window down. "it going to rain want a ride??" she paused....trying to think of something else. "our paths are not so differant." she knew it didnt make sense but neither did anthing else in this world
Lakota Warrior
Lakota Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Sniper21 Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:44 pm

Gabriel regarded her in precautious silence a moment. Long black hair, deep brown eyes, copper-tone skin. The general image that would come to most minds when one thought "Lakota". He could make it back on his own, and on any other day, he'd enjoy walking through the rain, after such a hot day; but the cases were heavy, and he might make it back in time to meet her. "Our paths are not so different." Gabriel blinked at this, but got in anyway and said nothing about it. Maybe, maybe not.

The first specks and sprays of water were already tapping the windshield. He stared at them instead of her. "Thank you," he murmurred. She didn't have to do this.
Sniper21
Sniper21

Back to top Go down

Post  Lakota Warrior Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:34 pm

Karishma cleared the seat. throwing her purse in the back and the whisky bottle in the glove compartment. "My grandmother tells me." she said as she began to drive. "that we must look after each other. to keep our nation alive. wither you are full Lakota or a halfbreed. wither you are a Cheyenne or a Crow. We must help each other as Natives. As brothers and sisters of the earth to protect our heritage and our nations from the white man that still seek to destroy us. Wither we like that person or not." She smiled...."Unfortunately I have given to there fire water. Whisky" Karishma gave a little laughed. but it wasn't a joyous laugh it was one to cover her pain. Then she stopped talking. The car was silent. all that could be heard was the rain against the window. "will your grandmother be home?" Karishma asked.
Lakota Warrior
Lakota Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Sniper21 Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:38 pm

Sure. He knew she meant well, had good intentions...somehow, and didn't press it. "It has been just me and my mother for many years." Gabriel knew that he had more family members than he realized, but for a long time, there'd been none to spare to see them. His grandmother in Pine Ridge, for instance, he'd only known on occasion, when he was very young. He didn't really know them.

He privately, and humorously, wondered if she'd share the whiskey, though. He could understand why she'd drink it - it was great to drown one's aches and problems in.
Sniper21
Sniper21

Back to top Go down

Post  Lakota Warrior Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:31 am

"shes a good women. I remember when I first met her....." she smiled. "alright I can never remember what turn it is. keep your eyes open or i'll pass it."
Lakota Warrior
Lakota Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Sniper21 Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:23 pm

She knew her? It was a small world. "Take a left three more blocks down. They're the crappy-looking apartments on the right." He glanced at her, curious. "You knew her?"
Sniper21
Sniper21

Back to top Go down

Post  Lakota Warrior Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:38 pm

karishma nodded as she turned into the apartment complex. "her and my grandmother join up together once a month. hard when she lives on a different reservation thats kinda far. I usually drive her." Karishma smiled. "least I can do is take my grandmother to a meet with a friend. After all shes the one that fought against my dad taking me after my mom was hit." Karishma choked remembering what had happened...clearing her throat. "I believe you can find your way from here." she looked away. she never should have brought the topic up. Why did she do this to her self.
Lakota Warrior
Lakota Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Sniper21 Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:43 am

Gabriel noticed her reaction and politely did not press the matter. There were no huge secrets on a reservation; everyone had heard about how she got here, why she was here. Granted, he didn't know the specifics, but he did understand how growing up without a parent (or parents) could be. How Child-services and people in suits bungled everything. How sick everyone got of the runaround.

He paused before getting out, studying her again, briefly. "I think I know your grandma. She's on my list of clients for tomorrow." Now, why did I say that? Only moments ago, the thought of being anywhere near this woman again, let alone doing anything for her or her family, had seemed repulsive, the LAST thing he wanted to be caught in. But he found, despite all that, he didn't really harbor as much animosity towards her anymore. She wasn't all that bad.

Sort of.
Sniper21
Sniper21

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next