Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fitting In (Teen/Romance)

2 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Fitting In (Teen/Romance) - Page 3 Empty Re: Fitting In (Teen/Romance)

Post  Lakota Warrior Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:55 pm

Karishma backed the truck up then left heading home. She tore off the highway onto the little dirt rode the pulled inot her run down trailer. She unlocked the door and threw her bag onto a chair. "Kunshi?" she called. The old women came out from the back room. The two exchanged a kiss and a hugh. "come I wish to show you something..." the elder said as she lead her grandmother to the back room.
Lakota Warrior
Lakota Warrior

http://free-spirit.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sniper21 Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:59 pm

He blinked the rain from his eyelashes, watching the truck leave without a word. Then headed inside, contemplating the work for tomorrow. Like it or not, he would have to see her again - perhaps it was karma that had her grandmother's name on his list.

Sniper21
Sniper21

Back to top Go down

Post  Lakota Warrior Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:03 pm

the next day Karishma woke on the floor of her grandmothers room...she chuckled. then got up and went to get cleaned up for the day. She was cooking breackfast when a truck pulled up.

(what business does he have w/kunshi???)
Lakota Warrior
Lakota Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Sniper21 Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:18 pm

(Gabriel is an everyman - he fixes and repairs and installs things for people when they call, in between working at the factory. I dunno what he has to do at her house, but I thought it would put them back on the same thread. The grandmother's name is Kunshi?)

The next day was a relief; not as much humidity in the early dawn, lots of cloud-cover from the night's rain. Gabriel finished the wood at Old Man Mackie's house, wherein his kindly wife left out some toast and tea, and made his rounds before 8:00 AM, all according to schedule.

As it was his mother's day off, he borrowed the truck, and contemplated his checklist.
Sniper21
Sniper21

Back to top Go down

Post  Lakota Warrior Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:29 pm

(Kunshi means grandmother. her name is Harvest Moon)

Karishma saw Gab get out of his truck. "Kunshi, your fix it guys here." Kunshi came out the back door and walked around the house. "ah you came good. fallow me." Kunshi lead Gab into the house. the sink keep pluggin up. your grandma said you could fix about anything. can ya help us." Karishma stuffled a giggle. Her grandmother always made her smiled no matter what she was doing.
Lakota Warrior
Lakota Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Sniper21 Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:50 pm

(I can't really decipher who's talking in your post.)
Sniper21
Sniper21

Back to top Go down

Post  Lakota Warrior Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:03 pm

(srry here let me clarify)

Karishmas in the kitchen and hallors at her grandmother...her grandmother comes from around the side of the trailer and leads Gab in through the front door.

"ah you came good. fallow me." Kunshi lead Gab into the house. the sink keeps pluggin up. your grandma said you could fix about anything. can ya help us." the old women is saying this....

then Karishma finding humor in her grandmother stifles a giggle.

that help or should I post again...
Lakota Warrior
Lakota Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Sniper21 Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:36 pm

[Okay, gotcha xP I'm so easily confused, ha]

"I'll see what I can do, ma'am," Gabe assured politely, smiling charmingly to the kindly lady. He remembered her from past runs - a favorite person to work for. "Only thing I can't fix are sandwiches and broken hearts. Well, yet." He nodded to Karishma as he passed by.

He set the toolbox on the floor and began testing the sink taps and pipe beneath, listening for the blockage.
Sniper21
Sniper21

Back to top Go down

Post  Lakota Warrior Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:32 am

Kunshi put a hand on Gabs shoulder. "some things are best left to heal on there own.." she paused. "inless of corse they heal wrong." with that the old women disapreaed into a backroom.

Karishma ignored him and begain putting the breakfast dishes away. then she finally couldnt control her self. "I hope that pick up line about broken hearts wasnt refering to me. The last thing I need is someone feelin sorry for me." she wanted to mad at this guy. but the look he gave her made her anger simmer. 'i'm i'm sorry..." Karishma finally said then went to leave. "i should let u tend to your work."
Lakota Warrior
Lakota Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Sniper21 Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:45 pm

He blinked. Gabe was taken aback by her outburst. He hadn't been speaking about her. "Um, it wasn't," he managed, looking up at her. Her grandmother's words echoed in his mind. Gotta live with the maim; gotta live with the scar tissue left behind. He shook his head, a gesture for Karishma not to worry about it.

After a moment, "Uh, no, I'll be out of your way soon enough." He turned a bolt in the bottom of the pipe, and the greasy excess squeezed through into a bucket below it, an easy-enough problem almost solved. Being so introvert, he didn't really know what to say to her; he hoped his silence would be enough to keep the peace between them. "Sorry if it came across that way, it was just an expression. Just a...dumb comment." He hadn't meant anything by it.
Sniper21
Sniper21

Back to top Go down

Post  Lakota Warrior Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:53 pm

Karishma had been so edgy latly she just left. she walked out onto the prch and looked out across the 20 acreas of raw Lakota land that belonged to her ancersters and now her. It gave her pride and calmed her. after about 30 min Karishma walked back inside. Gab was were she had left him. She begain getting lunch ready. pulling three plates from the cubbard and with a sideways grin made three sandwiches. at about 12:30 she called for her grandmother. The old women smiled. as she took her place. Then truned on Gab. "come boy. wash up for lunch." She ordered. Karishma chuckled at her grandmother and pulled a sprit out of the fridge.. "what do you want to drink?" she asked.

(sorry i havent replied in a bit been really busy.)
Lakota Warrior
Lakota Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Sniper21 Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:59 pm

She left the room. Gabe mentally sighed and continued what he was doing; situations like these couldn't be helped. He reminded himself that he came to fix a drain, not someone's life.

A few more twists and scrapes, and within less than a thirty minute span, he was done, already packing up and testing the sink to see if it worked. The water burst from the tap with no problems, and, convinced, he turned it off and closed everything up. Karishma and her grandmother returned at that point.

He was surprised at the offer. "Oh, I couldn't intrude," he said, shaking his head and smiling. Or rather, his version of a smile - a tight quirk of the lip, unused to the action and doing its best to compensate. "Just doing my job..."
Sniper21
Sniper21

Back to top Go down

Post  Lakota Warrior Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:53 am

Kunshi got up. She took his bag and set it by the door. "wash your hands and sit down. we may live in a white world, but in this house we still pratice the old ways. now sit." Her words where firm with a no argument way. Karishma was enjoying herself...
Lakota Warrior
Lakota Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Sniper21 Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:58 pm

...Gabe wasn't so much. Thankfully, it was nearing time for his break, and there would be no other customers for the next two hours, so no pressure there. He bit his tongue and went to wash his huge, strong pale hands in silence. He'd never pass up being polite to anyone - there was never any harm in being friendly, really - but invitations like these just didn't happen too often without an ulterior motive behind it.

Paranoia? He thought drily, inwardly amused by himself. It's just lunch.

Gabriel stole a signature flat, expressionless glance at Karishma, that in actuality held wariness and mild suspicion. He didn't have a problem with her, but...he was afraid of saying something to set anyone off, like yesterday, like half and hour ago. Afraid of causing trouble, of causing a mess. Gabe resolved to just play it safe and stay silent, and sat down carefully.
Sniper21
Sniper21

Back to top Go down

Post  Lakota Warrior Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:37 am

Kunshi stood palms raised upward. her face lifted.. "Creator we thank oyu for this meal that makes us live another day..." Karshima liffted her face. "protect our race, our nation....." Kunhsi finsished and sat down. They began to eat....."what do you want to drink? pepsi, sprit, iced tea?" Karishma asked. her eyes where shining with laugter...Kunshi saw the light in her grandughters eyes. she looked at Gab then back to Karishma it had been a long time since that light had been there. a long time....
Lakota Warrior
Lakota Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Sniper21 Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:08 am

"Iced tea would be great, thank you." Gabe noticed the light, too, and wondered what she found so funny. Was he doing something wrong? Was it funny to have someone like him over for lunch? Maybe slightly paranoid from past experience, he ate quickly (though not sloppily; he wasn't a guy of bad manners) so he could have an excuse to get going. You know, before something terrible happened.

Calm down, already. "Um, find something funny?" He mused to Karishma, sipping the wonderfully cold tea. It wasn't accusing, but just honestly curious.

[I won't be on as much either, got work and stuff, though I'll try to be]
Sniper21
Sniper21

Back to top Go down

Post  Lakota Warrior Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:28 pm

Karsihma starled looked at her grandmother then starighted up. as soon as the light had been there it was gone. Kunshi sighed. then looked away. when lunch was though Karishma took the plates passing a glance at Gab......she was finding herself being atracted to the guy. something she couldnt control....Kunshi went into the back room then retruned. "how much do I owe you boy?" she asked.
Lakota Warrior
Lakota Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Sniper21 Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:09 am

And great, the awkward silence. Gabriel performed a mental eye-roll. Figures. EXACTLY what he'd been trying to avoid. It was time to go, anyway. "Twenty-five, ma'am," he said, a little shortly, trying to hide his disappointment. He'd been right to be paranoid, after all. He packed up his things, not making eye contact with either of them. "I'll get out of your hair; sorry for bothering you. Lunch was great, thank you, ma'am."

Gabe wasn't sure why he was disappointed; he knew it was going to happen, had been waiting for it to happen. Sighing, he ran the sink one more time to make sure it worked, then turned off the tap. Your work's done here. Leave before you cause anything else.

He really didn't know why he tried anymore.
Sniper21
Sniper21

Back to top Go down

Post  Lakota Warrior Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:22 pm

Kaunshi smiled. "no trouble at all." she counted out 25 then sliped another 10 and gave it to Gab. "you are always welcomed here." Kunshi said.
Lakota Warrior
Lakota Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Sniper21 Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:54 pm

He nodded gratefully. "Anytime, ma'am."

Gabe returned to his truck. The mobile in the compartment went off before he had time to even start it. "Hello?"

"Hey, you free tonight? We're out to the bar for a bit of fun, you should come with!"

Hmm. Gabe started the car, looking back briefly at her grandmother's house. "Persuade me," he yawned.

"Beer."

"So?"

"Free beer."

"And?"

"Free beer and hot women."

"ARE they women?"

"What! I'm 80% sure this time!"

Gabe eyed the phone disdainfully, as though the other could see it. "Okay, so they're out-of-towners, but we were promised better-looking than last time, all right? Don't make me drag you out of your apartment to come along," he warned, hearing the large man yawn again into the reciever. "You sleep too damn much, anyway. Come party with us, you haven't in a while."

Been busy. "Yeah..." Too busy. "Sure, whatever. When and where?"
Sniper21
Sniper21

Back to top Go down

Post  Lakota Warrior Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:30 pm

around 4:00

Karishma hughed her grandmother. "im off to work." she was wearing a fringed jacket and tight jeans. throwing her purse in the passanger seat she drove off to work. Pulling inot the bar parking lot she went inside. She smiled at Jenny. "hey Kitty, Jen whats going on tonight." the two girls smiled "not much." It was pretty quite Karishma had enough time to swipe her card in the staff room and come back. It was about 6:00 when the crowd started to come in...."you girls ready??? remember this isnt who we are.." she whispered to the to other girls. They nodded. The girls where mixed blood but because they looked native they had been treated like full bloods. Karshima watched out for them they where like sisters.

have Gab go to this bar.....
its called The Buzzard Tavern unless u can think of something better lol Smile
Lakota Warrior
Lakota Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Sniper21 Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:59 pm

[Okay lol]

Of Kurt's crew consisted Kurt himself, a stocky young man perhaps only half as wide as Gabriel, with a buzz cut and heavy eyebrows; Tyler, a woman with a blonde pixie cut and devious, almond-shaped brown eyes; Louis, a wiry man with black hair to his back in a ponytail; and Gabriel himself, as tonight's potential designated-driver. Gabriel seriously doubted he'd be awake for any of that, with a crew of off-duty truckers like these.

He'd showered and put on clean clothes after getting home - fading jeans and a regular T-shirt, nothing fancy, for this kind of heat. Tyler entered the bar with her arm around his tree-trunk waist, cackling at a joke Kurt had cracked at that moment. She and Kurt were people-persons; they mingled and drew attention and fun from wherever they could, and tonight was no different. Tyler left them to talk with a woman further down the counter, leaving Kurt and Louis to frog-march the reluctant half-breed up to the bar and slap down enough money to buy several rounds of hard liquor. "Woo! The first forty beers you got, yeah? We're thirsty guys!" Kurt shouted, earning an appreciative responding shout from the gathering customers (Gabe excluded, who wasn't so big on so many people around, and was hoping to just get drunk as fast as possible before something crazy happened).

It had been several weeks since he'd gotten a call to relax... He rested his chin in his hand, looking around the bar, and not really seeing it.
Sniper21
Sniper21

Back to top Go down

Post  Lakota Warrior Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:17 pm

Karishma reconized Gab and turned her back. "s***" she muttered. how did he find me... she thought

she heard them aproch. she truned around and leaned against the counter. 'common your working damn it." she told her self..."what can I get you boys." she said teasingly.
Lakota Warrior
Lakota Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Sniper21 Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:29 pm

Gabe stared. Did someone up there not like him? Had he done something wrong, to be continuously pitted against this woman, no matter where he was? I thought she only worked at the diner!

"I thought you only worked at the diner," he said bluntly, without meaning to, and immediately released a massive sigh; his Teutonic heritage had given him a lingering taste for Vodka and pale beers, but unfortunately, also a long and jagged streak of alcoholism - which meant that it was going to take quite a few to get him at least buzzing tonight, and a lot more self-restraint to not put the bar out of business. "Uh, what are you doing here?"

"Gabe! You know this lovely lady?" Kurt interjected, sidling up cheerfully to the counter. "You fat traitor, holding out on us like that! We'll start with two beers each - four for Mr. Moose here."

Gabriel gave him a very moose-like scowl and rolled his eyes, resigned to whatever fate was going to land him. "What do you have?"
Sniper21
Sniper21

Back to top Go down

Post  Lakota Warrior Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:41 pm

Karishma servred two beers to each then looked at Gab. "I do what I can to keep our place...." she looked at the two other bar girls..."Kunshi dosent know. Im trusting you not to say anything to any body." she said in a hushed whisper.. Karishma felt scared. She had been doing all kinds of work to keep the place a float. Most the time her grandmother didnt even know where she was only that they still lived in the trailer. she studided Gab then drew her yes to the other two and gave a side ways grin going back to her work mind fram. this was work thats all. "well have some entertainment in a bit. you can take a seat any where. and if ya need anything else me or one of the girls wil be here."
Lakota Warrior
Lakota Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next