Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Last Man Standing

+3
Kira The Dragon Master
Batcat
Sniper21
7 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Last Man Standing - Page 3 Empty Re: Last Man Standing

Post  Batcat Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:26 am

Miranda slid into the seat next to her boss and looked out the window, methodically searching her environment. It was second instinct for her to check her surroundings before going anywhere. She glanced around the car, looking for any suspicious objects that might put her or her career in danger, although she didn't think it likely. Expectantly, she looked at King.

[[Sorry, not much to write. I don't know what your plans are :/ ]]
Batcat
Batcat

http://christmas-khaleesi.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sniper21 Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:53 am

[I love not having a plan. Makes it more fun. Just go with ze flow ^^ ]

The Rolls-Royce was a car designed for comfort. Plush seats and a plasma television, broadcasting the latest news - a fire in southtown, circulating AC, and refreshments, set up behind the tinted windows and armored black panneling.

King relaxed, and handed the hissing briefcase to his assassin nonchalantly to answer his phone. "Please hold Lucille while I take this."
Sniper21
Sniper21

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:17 am

[[Haha, kay. If I do something that conflicts with whatever you have in mind, tell me and I'll change it Wink]]

Surprised, Miranda held the briefcase carefully, not sure what was in it. She didn't know if she wanted to find out, either. Gripping it with one hand, she leaned forward and daintily took a bottle of sparkling water, opening it gracefully. She preferred not to consume any alcoholic beverages, especially when she might be going somewhere important. She contented herself with listening to her boss's conversation while watching the news.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sniper21 Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:44 am

"King."

"Sorry to bother you, sir, but I, uh, thought you should know, the Pawn Shop just went up in flames..."

"I know, it's on the news," he said calmly into the reciever. "Is there anything else?"

"Oh, um, we uh, we got a client. Some new girl, passing through the turf. No one's got her yet, she doesn't even know we're there. Thought we'd get your word before jumping."

Trivial information, but whatever. "Go ahead. We're close-by." Might even have time to watch. King snapped the phone shut. "I may need you on another mission, Miss Skalenger."

Sniper21
Sniper21

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:05 pm

Miranda's head snapped up, dark brown eyes focusing intently on the man's face as if she might be able to hear what he was thinking. Another mission? Sounded exciting, but she needed to know all of the details first. May as well know exactly what waters you were swimming in. Besides, if it was a mission that had a good chance of her getting injured, killed, or exposed, she wouldn't take it. Hopefully King wouldn't get her for that. She sighed, but nodded.
"Details?" She asked politely, knowing that any form of disrespect would be bad. Absently, she wondered what kind of mission it would be. Capture? Killing? Torture for information? She chuckled at the last one, having had done plenty of those in her short career. Oh, the thrill she got when she uncovered valuable information... That brought a smile to her lips as she waited expectantly.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sniper21 Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:51 pm

The Royce pulled around the corner and came to a stop a block and a half away, close enough to watch the scene taking place on the sidewalk. The car dimmed its lights in the dingy neighborhood as the sunset rolled dark, and King rolled down the window enough to light a cigarette. "There is someone lying to me that needs to be dealt with. I need to know by how much."

A young woman cried out from the pavement, seized by four thugs in the shadow of the buildings. Richard exhaled a puff of smoke and watched the event impassively. "You are my personal guard, my most-trusted; it should be a relatively easy task to pull the information out of him and be rid of him, if necessary."

He knew that she hadn't become such a well-trained killer at so young an age for nothing. King took care of his Clan, if it were one honorable thing that could ever be said of him. A happy clan was a good clan, and a good clan was a formidable one. Betrayal in any form was not tolerated, as well his subordinates knew, as well the stuttering man over the phone knew, but had probably forgotten. The woman's cries were cut off by a gag shoved roughly into her teeth by the men.

With the cigarette held in the black-gloved false hand on his right, the Boss passed her his phone with the strong left.
Sniper21
Sniper21

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:56 am

Miranda nodded, her desire reinforced by his words. She'd grown up knowing King from a very young age and respected him. His desire to be the best, his willpower to persevere, his strong common sense, and his ability to hold a group of power-hungry thugs in an organized Clan. And to top it all of, King had saved her life a couple of times, so she owed him at least that much...
She sighed, sticking up her nose at the cigarette smoke. She'd never particularly enjoyed puffing in tobacco - it tasted like dirt, and it was like trying to inhale it. She had a lot of respect for her body, and knew that to be the best, she had to treat herself the best. The thought made her smile as she looked over to King and nodded.
"I can do that. Do we have the... person? Or do we have to pick him up?" She chose her words carefully, and thought her boss should be, too. Even if there weren't any listening devices in the car, there might be outside. And he had the window open.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  moonshine09 Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:06 pm

((mind if i join in?))
moonshine09
moonshine09

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:54 pm

[[Please do!]]
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sniper21 Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:25 pm

[Jump, jump, before I post!]
Sniper21
Sniper21

Back to top Go down

Post  moonshine09 Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:27 pm

[[lol getting my charries info down]]
moonshine09
moonshine09

Back to top Go down

Post  moonshine09 Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:28 pm

Name:Arae Calypso Valentine
Called:Ray
Looks:(link)
Intelligence agents
moonshine09
moonshine09

Back to top Go down

Post  moonshine09 Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:00 pm

Ray smiled as she stuffed the gag into the annoying women's mouth and laughed when one of the guys said,"It's about time someone shuts her up."The women cringed away from him,and fell to her knees only to be jerked back up by Ray."You have to legs that aren't broke,for now, so why don't you use them?"she suggested and shoved her towards the black Royce.The four guys closed in around her and the women blocking them from any prying eyes as Ray tapped on the window.
moonshine09
moonshine09

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:06 pm

Miranda whipped her head around from King as she heard a tapping on the window. She narrowed her eyes at the older woman who had shoved the bound girl up against the glass. Obviously she was hired by King. These people were so... dumb! How did they know for sure that this was the right guy's car? For all she knew, they could be calling 911 right now. She sighed irritably, but glanced at King, waiting for some sort of explanation, whether it be about her next assignment or this woman pressed against the window.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sniper21 Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:01 am

[Sorry for the absence: new shifts started, 8-10 hours a piece -__- I seriously need some sleep.]

The window was open only a crack to let the smoke out, all the space that was needed; though not a chain-smoker, it was a bad habit, but one King wouldn't give up anytime soon. It was a stressful job, no matter what anyone thought - and at most, three a day, wasn't bad. In his younger, wilder days, it had been nearly a pack for every day of the week!

He held out the phone to her, which contained the man he'd just hung up with's number - just as his Agent appeared with the captured woman, and her gaggle of cronies. In the daylight. In a populated neighborhood. The Boss privately wondered if all of his personal personnel were out to irritate him tonight.

King stubbed the cigarette into a glass dish and gave a meaningful glance to Miss Skalenger, that they'd continue the conversation and that she should pay close attention to the following exchange:

"Miss Valentine. Though I appreciate your enthusiasm to your craft, I must presume that you have a very good reason for bringing this person to me in this manner..." He adjusted the large ring on his fake black hand, the lingering taste of tobacco calming him in a moment that should have been infuriating to other Bosses. By rights, he should just drive away without acknowledging them - but he knew that his people usually had very good reasons for endangering cover and operations.

Still, it wasn't as though their Syndicate and its doings were a complete secret. All the same, it must be of some kind of dire importance.
Sniper21
Sniper21

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:05 am

[[Are you staying on, or do I have time to make a good post?]]
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sniper21 Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:09 am

[I'll be on for maybe another hour, then I gotta get stuff done ^^]
Sniper21
Sniper21

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:19 am

[[Kay, I'll post then ^^]]

Miranda looked at the number and nodded, commiting the digits to memory. She handed the phone back to King and listened to his words. Good. He was being just as careful as she was. She threw another irritable glance out the window and her eyes widened. She knew the captured girl. Muttering an d curse, she turned her body to face the woman outside, eyes narrowing in scrutiny. It was vital to make sure it was this person.
"Ariana." She said, more to herself then to King. This had been her old high school rival. They'd always suspected each other of gang activity, but neither of them could prove it. And Ariana was just as dangerous as Miranda. The girl was most likely involved with the next door gang. She'd begun the habit in high school - acting as a prostitue or something of that sort - in order to lure in boys and capture them. Only God knows what she did to them, but now she recruited them for her boss like that. If Miranda hadn't had the talent she had it assasinations, she probably would have ended up like that. She shuddered. It wasn't right.
Turning to King, she began to explain.
"One of Raul's agents."
That was all she needed to say. Lorenzo Raul was a long-time enemy of King, one that always taunted the younger man. That wasn't very smart of him, but he was cocky enough to do that. Ariana had probably been sent here to collect some of King's men and... interrogate... them. She grinned, glad Ariana'd been caught at last.
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  moonshine09 Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:21 pm

"Well sir,Benny just happened to be walking past this lady while she was on the phone with someone and heard her say,'Tonight would be the best night to attack King's men."Ray explained,"Benny called a couple of us because he wasn't sure what to do.So after he told us exactly what she said,we followed her into an alley and apprehended her.I was just about to call your cell phone to let you know when I saw your car pull up."Ray stood waiting for her to give them directions.
moonshine09
moonshine09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sniper21 Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:55 pm

[Sorry for the wait guys, my new shifts are killing me <.< I'll post soon, count on it!]
Sniper21
Sniper21

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Thorns Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:45 am

((Sorry for interrupting, but what should I join as? Thank you for letting me pop into your roleplay!))

Black Thorns

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:09 pm

[[Ooh, ooh, be the enemy agent we just caotured! Aryana! She's kinda sleazy, so..]]
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sniper21 Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:13 am

[...So...?]

King sized up the situation at a glance, and turned his head away to look at his Assassin for verification. Was she absolutely certain?

The reason for his suspicions was this: his Intelligence Agent was holding a wanted Assassin for Boss Raul, one of his greater enemies, against the window where she could see him. And the man he suspected playing for more than one side within his group was standing beside them, probably waiting for a reaction or response before making any moves.

Also: "'Tonight would be the best night to attack King's men." Far too obvious. Did his Agent truly not know, or was this a setup for something else entirely? He knew Miss Skalenger's resentment toward her rival was a deep one, but now, he needed her to see, truly see, if this was indeed the woman herself. No mistakes.

But his trusted Agent: he hadn't recieved any prior warning from her. The situation was a delicate one. But not un-interesting. King was a firm believer that for whatever life threw at you, one can dodge, one can catch, but one should definitely see what it was first.

"Miss Skalenger, are you positive?" It was posed simply, but held every meaning necessary: if it was truly her...
Sniper21
Sniper21

Back to top Go down

Post  Batcat Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:23 pm

[[Just saying as a tip to play her.]]

Miranda nodded slowly before taking another scrutinizing glare at the other woman. Definately Ariana. They had the same fake breasts - plastic surgery, courtesy of Raul - and the same seductive look. Even now, she looked as though all she wanted to do was get down and f*ck everyone there. That made her laugh. She hadn't changed from high school.
"Definately. And as for the statement... might possibly be a decoy. No one would be so stupid so as to say that out loud." She whispered so that no one else would be able to hear her. No telling what Ariana would tell her Boss.
Absently, she scratched a mosquito bite under her tight black pants. She hated them with all her heart - the mosquito bites. Aiana was like a mosquito. Good for nothing but spreading diseases - like STDs - and annoying as hell. Another dry chuckle escaped her.
She glanced at King apologetically. "So, your call. Do we take her? I think it'd be dangerous to let her go, but we should probably search her. She might have a camera or something... Maybe she was trying to get captured." Miranda's brain was working overtime as she attempted to decipher Ariana's actions. If she was trying to be captured, she was obviously equipped with some intellegence tools... She ran a hand through her hair. They would most likely need to strip her and give her some new clothes - ones that didn't have security cameras attatched. Or microphones. That earned another suspicious glance out the tinted window.

Last edited by Batcat wants a badge O.O on Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Batcat
Batcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Thorns Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:25 pm

((Hmmm; guess I'll be her as well. Razz))

Ariana Wilson
Self-portrait
Ariana is, quite frankly, a slut- it's part of her job, you could say. No, she isn't a prostitute (though she certainly acts like one)- she recruits for her boss with her, ahem, assets. Other than that, Ariana is a rather intelligent person. She is quick to anger, and slow to forgive.
Works for Lorenzo Raul
Agent

Micheal Kohl
Portrait
Micheal teds to be a very quiet, thoughtful person- it's rare that you see him explode from his calm. He's a rather stay-on-the-sidelines type, and tends to watch more than act.
Works for King
Rookie

Black Thorns

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum